Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 18, Josh Weddle - Round 10, Rising Star!

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on his current trajectory on this board, he could be a top 20 player in the competition by round 1.
Wtf, already have him in the top 20, looks to be our best draftee athlete since bud And comes with skills!!
Welcome to the weddle era.

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1670223412098.png

I know this point has been made ad nauseum, but just look at the unit this kid is. =6th heaviest guy on our list as an 18 year old (although I'm not sure how up to date these measurements are) who'll be playing through our midfield. If there was ever a ready made prospect its this kid. Couple that with his aerobic ability and you've got an unstoppable force, even at AFL level.

GerryLewis

All Australian
Nov 10, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
View attachment 1567768

I know this point has been made ad nauseum, but just look at the unit this kid is. =6th heaviest guy on our list as an 18 year old (although I'm not sure how up to date these measurements are) who'll be playing through our midfield. If there was ever a ready made prospect its this kid. Couple that with his aerobic ability and you've got an unstoppable force, even at AFL level.
I know Mitch Lewis was sitting at 105kg last pre-season. I dare say he's sitting around the high 90's at the moment.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know Mitch Lewis was sitting at 105kg last pre-season. I dare say he's sitting around the high 90's at the moment.
List at 101kg on the Hawthorn players page

Lewis
Frost
Nash
Lynch
Koschitzke
Blanck
Reeves
Jeka

Pretty impressive Sam Mitchell was talking about starting Weddle as a Mid since every player there started as a KP/Ruck.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 15, 2009
Scarborough WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
All Blacks Green Bay
Based on his current trajectory on this board, he could be a top 20 player in the competition by round 1.

I've personally got him locked in for the flex spot on the AA bench, with a smokey for top 5 in the Brownlow.

I don't think we should put a ceiling on what our new players could achieve

The HUN really are struggling for content.
Absolutely.

And given our resounding success at achieving Rookie of the year winners I'm just looking forward to him putting in a great season that is completely and utterly ignored by the powers that be at AFL House.

Interesting we were trying to get that extra first pick from as early as Melbourne's pick(pick 14), wonder if Weddle was still our main target. Assume it was given Mitchell thought the best possible outcome was landing both Mackenzie and Weddle.
You betcha, We were worried about Melbourne picking him

bigmaxi

All Australian
Nov 11, 2006
hampton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roosters
View attachment 1567768

Another few centimetres and a few bulking up kilos he could be playing-at 195 and 95 kilos ! Monster mid .

Back