CA XI vs South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

This game will be interesting for a few reasons:
1) Whether the 3/4-quick + Maharaj onslaught lives up to its billing
2) Which SA quick looks most dangerous
3) Fitness levels of SA quick (applicable to Nortje/Jansen/Ngidi in particular)
3) Whether the SA spinner is taken to
4) Any surprising AUS A batsman holding off the pace onslaught
5) Any relatively less renowned (e.g. not Elgar or the absent Petersen) SA batsman stealing the show

Not sure why people are surprised by the inclusion of certain players in this squad are considering CAXI sides are almost always development sides. This is actually one of the most experienced CAXI sides I can remember, not unusual for these sides to be made up entirely of pathway kids with little to no FC experience.

Not sure why people are surprised by the inclusion of certain players in this squad are considering CAXI sides are almost always development sides. This is actually one of the most experienced CAXI sides I can remember, not unusual for these sides to be made up entirely of pathway kids with little to no FC experience.
Bowling attack does not look good on paper.Why play Tremain.I would have thought you pick your best 2nd 11 after the current test side now playing.SA need a good hit out to prepare for the upcoming test series.

I don't think we've learnt much new from this game so far.

Elgar's their stand-out batsman and their batting lineup generally lacks depth, but we already knew that.

Verreynne can be exposed against the moving ball (see ENG) but he looks like a potential counter-puncher when it doesn't.

Why play Tremain.
Tremmers is bowling as well in Shield cricket as he ever has. Seems to be relishing the return to play in his home state. As for this match he was clearly the best of the pace attack yesterday, going on his miserly figures. Why did CA not live stream this.

toml as much as I'd like to say some of these younger players were picked because they are seen as the best of the next gen, they are in fact here to 'avoid as little disruption to the BBL as possible'. CA's own words. Translated, these blokes are probably not playing in the school holiday hit & giggle circus that disrupts our domestic red ball schedule every summer. Having said that, the BBL is necessary as hopefully our best T20 Int players are drawn from it.

Last edited:
Sad how SAs batting has fallen off, they always seemed to have some genuinely great test batsman, Elgar is decent, but the rest seem a little brittle, Aiden Markram not coming on is a shame, he's such a great player to watch when on.

Tremmers is bowling as well in Shield cricket as he ever has. Seems to be relishing the return to play in his home state. As for this match he was clearly the best of the pace attack yesterday, going on his miserly figures. Why did CA not live stream this.

As much as I'd like to say some of these younger players were picked because they are seen as the best of the next gen, they in fact are here to 'avoid as little disruption to the BBL as possible'. CA's own words. In other words these blokes are probably not playing in the school holiday hit & giggle circus that disrupts our domestic red ball schedule every summer.
Hopefully these young blokes do not play in this hit and giggle cricket.

Is this being streamed ....will be more of a contest to watch than the test IMO
No. Pity.

Tremain and Neil-Smith mopping up the Saffas.

Someone asked whether Handscomb was playing as he has a BBL contract. Well yes he is.

Saffas all out 347. Elgar, Vereynne their best.
Kuhnemann 4, Neil-Smith 3 the pick of CAX1 bowlers.

Last edited:
No. Pity.

Tremain and Neil-Smith mopping up the Saffas.

Someone asked whether Handscomb was playing as he has a BBL contract. Well yes he is.

Saffas all out 347. Elgar, Vereynne their best.
Kuhnemann 4, Neil-Smith 3 the pick of CAX1 bowlers.
Wow look at the fightback by the SA, Australia A 4/26.Young Kellaway from Victorioa now in,big test for the boy.

Wow look at the fightback by the SA,4/26.Young Kellaway from Victorioa now in,big test for the boy.
Yeh. Young blokes like Tim Ward finding out that international cricket is another level altogether. He and the other youngsters will learn from this. I rate Ward. Two more solid Shield seasons with a smattering of centuries and he will be ready for Test cricket.

Last edited:
Young Kellaway from Victorioa now in,big test for the boy.
He is having a good crack.
Doran probably in career best form which does not mean a great deal. He is certainly more consistent.
Probably easier batting conditions now. These two are putting us back into the contest

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Wyllie gets some good exposure v the SA bowlers as well.....Wyllie and Kellaway definitely Aussie test players of the future.

Really impressed with Campbell Kellaway
I am a touch wary of these U19 stars as most of their big runs have been white ball ones. I have made an exception with Teague Wyllie. Kellaway may follow him. As may West Aussie Cooper Connolly, tho have not seen sufficient of them to form an opinion to be honest.

Kellaway just posted a 50 against an international attack. Very well done kid..

I am a touch wary of these U19 stars as most of their big runs have been white ball ones. I have made an exception with Teague Wyllie. Kellaway may follow him. As may West Aussie Cooper Connolly, tho have not seen sufficient of them to form an opinion to be honest.

Kellaway just posted a 50 against an international attack. Very well done kid..
Kellaway now 92 no.

Kellaway now 92 no.
Wow that is some way to announce yourself getting a century against a strong international attack!

Last Aussie (stand corrected) to score a ton against a touring team for CAX1 was Jason Sangha against England. I hope that does not put the mockers on Kellaway.

Last edited:

Kellaway just posted a 50 against an international attack. Very well done kid.

He also made important runs last week v NSW. Both knocks have been under pressure. I watched the Shield knock on the streamer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back