World Cup 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup (Semi Finals + 3rd Place Match) - On SBS

Roos92

All Australian
May 29, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watching Fos and co crap on in the post game you'd think France lost. Mentioned Messi about 5 times.
No mention of the fact France scored 5 mins in and sat a bit.

I don't even like France, but considering their outs Benzima, kimpembe, kante, pogba, nkunu and Hernandez. Also upemecano and rabiot ill today.
Thats a ridiculous performance considering.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Time to scrap the 3rd place match no one cares

For this world cup yes as the players need as much rest as possible before returning to their clubs for a grueling post Xmas schedule.

Normally though 3rd place playoff is a pretty fun game with pressure off for both sides.

4flagsin5yrs

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2020
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Watching Fos and co crap on in the post game you'd think France lost. Mentioned Messi about 5 times.
No mention of the fact France scored 5 mins in and sat a bit.

I don't even like France, but considering their outs Benzima, kimpembe, kante, pogba, nkunu and Hernandez. Also upemecano and rabiot ill today.
Thats a ridiculous performance considering.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, les Bleus undoubtedly slipped back into 2nd gear (or 1st at times) after the early goal....

Will be much more intense vs. the Argies.

Will be a terrific match.

Commando

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man Utd, AC Milan, Wolfsburg,
Can anyone tell me why any player from Croatia (and or I assume Morocco) would be motivated to play hard for the 3rd place spot ? Unless it's an Olympic style tournament, where medals are awarded for the 3 highest ranked teams, I have never seen any point for a playoff for 3rd spot, epecially if I was a player with club commitments (on big money) back in a domestic league, why risk getting injured for basically a glorified dead rubber ???
They get a bronze medal

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
As this scene shows, it always will win. The scene never fails to bring a tear to the eye. But the Moroccan anthem is pretty underrated, to be honest!

It's a classic scene that gives you goosebumps every time. The sequel might have the locals piping up against their colonial overlords.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Gutsy effort from Morocco.

Viva La France.

I was in Bordeaux when France won the Euro Championship in 2000 2-1 in extra time against Italy and the place went wild.

What a football era for France, since 1998 they have been a powerhouse of football, only a matter of time until they win a Rugby World Cup too.
Next year they should win it. They have the best team and Shaun Edwards. Only the French can beat the French.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Gutsy effort from Morocco.

Viva La France.

I was in Bordeaux when France won the Euro Championship in 2000 2-1 in extra time against Italy and the place went wild.

What a football era for France, since 1998 they have been a powerhouse of football, only a matter of time until they win a Rugby World Cup too.

The French also are pretty good at Basketball these days, they have Victor Wembanyama who is touted to be the biggest generational talent in the NBA draft since Lebron James.

Golden age for French Sports.

Back