World Cup 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup FINAL (ARGENTINA CHAMPIONS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on playing the WC this time of the year?
There seem to be both positives and negatives

Never again. Must be in June / July - which was what Qatar was obliged to do but simply couldn't. The effects of this will become clearer as the season goes on.

I presume this gives them a proper off season though? Not to mention, they're in the full swing of the season physically.

I can see pros and cons.

Yeah, WC players would still get an off-season even with a WC though, but that would then impact their prep for the next season, but also would mean they aren't playing every 3-4 days for the first half of the season.

Yeah, WC players would still get an off-season even with a WC though, but that would then impact their prep for the next season, but also would mean they aren't playing every 3-4 days for the first half of the season.
Be interested to hear it from a player's perspective.

Regardless of when it's played, I think players will miss games (either through a delayed pre season or obviously this time around).

The biggest thing that sucks about a November/December WC is the players getting injured in the buildup to it. If a player gets injured from January to May and is out of a World Cup that begins in a traditional month (June), that sucks. However, if a player gets injured in October and is out of a World Cup that starts in a non-traditional month (November), imagine how much more that would suck?

I wonder how many injuries there will be in German football in the second half of the season. Not only did they take a month off for the World Cup but they are also on their winter break and will return January 20th or thereabouts. Most clubs play about 5 matches in the first 15-18 days upon on it’s return.

Every now and then it works but it's a huge toll on the players.
Never again during middle of season.
Benzema didn’t play, Mane injured. Top 2 Ballon Dor our.
Just became a case of hoping none of the clubs’ stars get injured and play the rest of the season. I know I was as a Liverpool fan

Quite an amazing final.

Lots of goals, late comebacks, goals in ET, and finally a shootout to decide the winners.

I'm not the biggest Messi fan, but there's no doubt his career deserves a World Cup on his resume, and the player of the tournament is also a fitting end to what will be his last world cup.

Kind of found it a little hard to get into this World Cup, the Aussies had a good run, but yeh will be interesting to see how I engage with the next ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never again during middle of season.
Benzema didn’t play, Mane injured. Top 2 Ballon Dor our.
Just became a case of hoping none of the clubs’ stars get injured and play the rest of the season. I know I was as a Liverpool fan

Player injuries can happen at any time.

Penalty doesn't count :sick:

He's scored like 1 goal from open play in the group stages Messi is getting carried, ain't no goats here.

He was like the 2nd player in a string of 6 brilliant touches and ppl like Foz will prob give Messi credit for it haha

Messi needs a penalty just to score nobody's in semi and French to have covid to have any shot at a WC

Doesn't at all Ronaldo did more for a shitty country all Messi has done is flop for Argentina

Even Cruyff himself is dwarfed by Ronaldo playing for an even better national team haha

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

MESSI SLIPPED IN THE BUILD UP ROFL

only one goat the field today

Messi did a slippy G

Di Maria absolutely carried them scored the goal got the pen and they take him off before Messi who got mugged for the goal

Messi gives up the ball again Mbappe smoking

Messi do the right thing and sub yourself off

bed time for me

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

yea I'm not reading those 12 notifications bed time for me

RIP.

If this is the best example of the "greatest" sport in the world, well, without being disparaging, this game will be the last soccer match I'll ever watch.
I'm truly thankful that we have AFL as an alternative in Australia.

Ok cya.

Easily the best World Cup final of my lifetime, and probably ever.
I thought the first 75-80 minutes were extremely dull, France didn't show up, but after that it was the wildest game I've seen, and the most disappointing finish since 2006.:(

The best thing to come out of the game, was just about every player who finished on the park for France was under 26/27 and will play a part in the next two or three World Cups. France will remain a footballing force for years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back