The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

The real story is that all those jokes were written for Jerry specifically to tell to a room of people and whatever would get the biggest laughs was used to base an episode around.
Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Mind blown because you are also learning that the standup was done at the exact same time as the TV show or mind blown because you are surprised I didn’t know that? :p

Another thing I am now seeing is that Seinfeld as we know it (a GOAT TV show) was a fantastic series by Season 2 and even parts of Season 1 were also funny. There is this thing where lots of Seinfeld fans say that the series became really great around Season 4 but it was actually a great show much earlier than that.

Mind blown because you are also learning that the standup was done at the exact same time as the TV show or mind blown because you are surprised I didn’t know that? :p

Another thing I am now seeing is that Seinfeld as we know it (a GOAT TV show) was a fantastic series by Season 2 and even parts of Season 1 were also funny. There is this thing where lots of Seinfeld fans say that the series became really great around Season 4 but it was actually a great show much earlier than that.
Cause I didn't know

Screenshot_20221217_072418_Instagram.jpg

'Come on George, fight your father' 🤣🤣🤣

No idea how the other actor didn’t burst into laughter repeatedly with this scene.

One of my favourite episodes is the one where Jerry forgets his girlfriends name and the only information he has is it rhymes with a part of the female anatomy. George comes up with some ridiculous names - Kest, Sest, Hest, Mulva, Bovary. 😂

Until Jerry remembers what her name is… Dolores. 😂

This morning I wake up to watch the WC Final and around 2:15AM I hear takking and laughing coming from out front of my house and then a loud thud. Don’t think anything if it at that time, I leave the house at 5:20AM to go for a walk and am greeted by a white board on my nature strip. Call the council when they open and put in a report and for them to collect it. It’s not ours but we also wont bring it in our property (what for?) and we can’t exactly accuse anyone. Half an hour later I hear the same laughter that I heard earlier this morning from my next door neighbours house and now am suspicious. Around 10AM go out to mow the lawn, I move the white board from one end of the nature strip to the other and decide to flip it over. And I am greeted with the names of my next door neighbours kids, the idiots didn’t even bother to remove the evidence. 😂

I take photos of the white board on my nature strip. Then I put it on my neighbours nature strip and take more photos. Call the council back and cancel my earlier request. It’s my neighbour’s problem.

I might recommend them for a Darwin Award after this display of stupidity.

Last edited:
Agree on both counts.

Andor is amazing IMO too, can't wait for the next ep.
Was reluctant to watch Andor as 1. Wasn't sold on Cassian Andor needing a backstory series. Still not sold, maybe season 2 will make that clear. 2. The rushed nature and lower quality production of Boba Fett and Obi Wan.

But this was great, and that's maddening in some ways. Why couldn't they put as much effort into the other two as they have this and Mandolorian.
But overall great series with some very good characters to follow.

Was reluctant to watch Andor as 1. Wasn't sold on Cassian Andor needing a backstory series. Still not sold, maybe season 2 will make that clear. 2. The rushed nature and lower quality production of Boba Fett and Obi Wan.

But this was great, and that's maddening in some ways. Why couldn't they put as much effort into the other two as they have this and Mandolorian.

I think the biggest flaw of this series was calling it Andor when it's really a broader telling of how the Rebellion starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what really annoys me. They put all this effort in and make a great series on an obscure background character, yet with major characters who are eternally loved, they rush it and churn out absolute shite.

That's what really annoys me. They put all this effort in and make a great series on an obscure background character, yet with major characters who are eternally loved, they rush it and churn out absolute shite.

Glad you enjoyed it, wasn't sure if it'd be your style.

Loved it, it's exactly my style, a well paced character driven story. As I said the only annoying this is they kinda wasted it on Cassian Andor instead of Obi Wan.

Yeah I dunno, it's a completely different style story though. This series is about the building blocks of the Rebellion and all the pieces moving into place, Obi-Wan was a pulpy action piece. A slow burn about Obi-Wan sitting in a cave for 10 episodes might not have been as fun.

I loved it week to week but I also do think it works well as a binge since some people wouldn't have the patience to watch an ep and then wait a week for something to happen (since each third ep is where all the action is). Sounds like the second season will be more Obi-Wan than Andor though in the sense of each 3 ep arc will be a year as it speeds up towards Rogue One. We'll get Bail (maybe Leia), Ackbar/Raddus, Draven, K2SO, maybe Jyn? Maybe Obi-Wan?

Might give it another crack over the holidays and see if I find it better being able to binge it.

Might help but if it's not your style it's not your style, but definitely if you push through and watch the whole season that might be the best way to assess it.

Weirdly though like I said even if you don't like it I'd still say give S2 a crack since it seems like S2 will be a completely different pace and style show with a lot more cameos and crossovers with other things haha.

Think you’ll find best moments of Seinfeld were when Larry David was involved.

Think you’ll find best moments of Seinfeld were when Larry David was involved.

Lots of Seinfeld fans say that. He left after Season 7? The standup routines ended when Larry David left the series.

Was watching the episode where Elaine is dating Joel Rifkin, who unfortunately has the same name as a serial killer. So Elaine is trying to get him to change his name. “Dion… Rifkin”, “OJ… Rifkin.” Pretty unfortunate as only a few months after the episode aired… :(

Lots of Seinfeld fans say that. He left after Season 7? The standup routines ended when Larry David left the series.

Was watching the episode where Elaine is dating Joel Rifkin, who unfortunately has the same name as a serial killer. So Elaine is trying to get him to change his name. “Dion… Rifkin”, “OJ… Rifkin.” Pretty unfortunate as only a few months after the episode aired… :(
Yeah definitely suffered a dip once he left. Remember reading article with Jason Alexander who felt his character George suffered a lot when David left as of course it was based on David.

Can understand why he left due to the pressure. Seasons 3-7 were 22+ episodes each back to back! With Curb he only needed to do 10 a seasons and could take breaks.

Yeah definitely suffered a dip once he left. Remember reading article with Jason Alexander who felt his character George suffered a lot when David left as of course it was based on David.

Can understand why he left due to the pressure. Seasons 3-7 were 22+ episodes each back to back! With Curb he only needed to do 10 a seasons and could take breaks.

I have never watched Curb. I heard it’s excellent, so it’s definitely going on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back