Opinion Richmonds 2017-20 Dynasty would have beaten every other Premiership side of the 2010's

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't you even thinkthis thread is embarrassing, given it's using Chris Scott's premise as its reference point...something the OP of this thread can't quite seem to grasp.

Like seriously, there has to be a limit for you guys doesn't there? Nowhere near all of you are like this, so surely the ones that are, are just making you slap yourselves in the face with embarrassment?

Imagine the amount of crap we'd cop if we continually started threads like this.

When Dimma said in 2023 we take the stairs, Richmond board posters took the message on board. We are merely answering the clarion call to action. It is called supporting your team. 😁

View attachment 1577069

Shadow89

“forced to read the same crap over and over” is the equal clubhouse leader

Because I've been trying to explain to the OP that the original article was Scott's commentary being elaborated upon not 'rebutted', and then being called a moron for it?

I honestly just find these threads and some of you, so baffling. Like who reads an article (or just the headline), creates a thread like this which completely misinterprets what the article is even about, and then also misintreprets what the author is trying to communicate with said article? And then, has the audacity to call me stupid for pointing out to them that they've got it completely wrong?

Yeah so sorry for responding to that a massive total of 8 times.

Because I've been trying to explain to the OP that the original article was Scott's commentary being elaborated upon not 'rebutted', and then being called a moron for it?

I honestly just find these threads and some of you, so baffling. Like who reads an article (or just the headline), creates a thread like this which completely misinterprets what the article is even about, and then also misintreprets what the author is trying to communicate with said article? And then, has the audacity to call me stupid for pointing out to them that they've got it completely wrong?

And yet he still brings himself to post, he can't help it

You can rise above it shadow I have every confidence in you. 😁

Just wait for all the threads and melts once Dusty retires by the end of the year
They've been great value across the world wide web since late 2021 when it became clear they'd be missing finals, but it was this year when they really impressed. Tom Stewart giving Prestia a tidy touch up had them reach fever pitch, but the ARC drama and their elimination final humiliation took the squealing to a new level. And then we had the beautiful coup de grace that was Geelong's glorious premiership triumph, and all the adoration that Selwood received - the one thing they desperately craved but never received - has all led to this. One very sweet melody.

Can't even attempt to have a normal conversation, without trolling, can you? What an adult way to behave.

That's cool I'm done. Good job proving your point, whatever that is.

How on earth can anyone be expected to engage in a reasonable conversation with someone who is intent on discussing the thread topic, defending false attributions and clarifying incorrect points? Nobody who is anybody does that anymore, it has become way too common. 😁

Hawks won three in a row because the talent pool was diluted.

Brisbane 3 in a row because they had extra money

Geelong and Richmond two great sides that did it the hard way. Although you could maybe make a case and say Geelong were on drugs, because some of those people at Essendon were there.

They've been great value across the world wide web since late 2021 when it became clear they'd be missing finals, but it was this year when they really impressed. Tom Stewart giving Prestia a tidy touch up had them reach fever pitch, but the ARC drama and their elimination final humiliation took the squealing to a new level. And then we had the beautiful coup de grace that was Geelong's glorious premiership triumph, and all the adoration that Selwood received - the one thing they desperately craved but never received - has all led to this. One very sweet melody.

As a veteran punter STPer, when things are going so badly there doesn’t seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes you just have to whinge your way to a winning bet. This is without doubt the cornerstone of my punting success, such as it has been.

But as any current Richmond supporter knows, when things are going so well there doesn’t seem to be any tunnel at the end of the light, it still adds to the Tiger cause to whinge as much as is humanly possible when your club has won 3 of the last 6 flags, a minor, VFL title holders for 3 seasons running, a Brownlow, 2 Grand Final Sprints, 3 Normies and a Normy Goss, 3 Ayres medallions, 3 finals wins over the hapless Cats, basically about 3 of everything anyone could wish for. Except 6 years of 100k+ memberships, unbroken run of 7 consecutive non GF finals crowds at the MCG above 90k(next best is 2) 2 inclusive Institute things based at your home ground, Colemans, the list goes on and on. 😁

Last edited:
I think Fremantle of 2013, Sydney of 2014 and West Coast of 2015 were all better than Richmond in their premiership years. Richmond just happened to become successful in a few particularly weak years.

Richmond won 3 Grand Finals by an average of around 60 points. Your 3 nominated teams lost their respective Grand Finals by an average of around 42 points.

So for what you are saying to be true the AFL would have had to experience a sudden drop in standard to the tune of 100 points per game.

Ergo, stupid thing to believe.

Next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

d440b9c3-5e1a-47ec-9fc4-399625c1fbde-jpeg.1577103

Richmond won 3 Grand Finals by an average of around 60 points. Your 3 nominated teams lost their respective Grand Finals by an average of around 42 points.

So for what you are saying to be true the AFL would have had to experience a sudden drop in standard to the tune of 100 points per game.

Ergo, stupid thing to believe.

Next.

You are ignoring the seasons Fremantle, Sydney and West Coast had and you are also assuming Richmond are as good as Hawthorn were. You are wrong.

I personally think that the Saints of 2010 would have that Richmond side covered. They were hugely unlucky not to beat a red hot Collingwood side.
Oh no, the last time someone suggested that Saints team was half-decent, we had a 50 page Tiggie meltdown about how they were a side chock-full of spuds.

I agree with you though.

You are ignoring the seasons Fremantle, Sydney and West Coast had and you are also assuming Richmond are as good as Hawthorn were. You are wrong.

I am assuming nothing. If teams that made one gF each in the sample and got beaten on average by 7 goals in 3 Grand Finals are better than a team who won 3 GF’s by and average of 10 goals in another sample then the competition would need to be 100 points weaker between 2015 and 2017. This is patently ludicrous because not even the bottom team in 2013-2015 was anywhere near 100 points weaker than the Premier in those seasons.

I love reading all this messed up and convoluted reasoning as to why Richmond’s dynasty teams were no good. Keep it coming. 😁

Last edited:
I love ready all this messed up and convoluted reasoning as to why Richmond’s dynasty teams were no good. Keep it coming. 😁

The only people creating these threads are Richmond fans. Hawthorn fans aren't so insecure to create a "Hawthorn DA Best EVR" thread every few weeks where Hawthorn fans attack anyone who disagrees.

The only people creating these threads are Richmond fans. Hawthorn fans aren't so insecure to create a "Hawthorn DA Best EVR" thread every few weeks where Hawthorn fans attack anyone who disagrees.
That is a lie because you’ve been on here longer than their threepeat days. Their fans were horrendous on this website in their time as they should’ve been.

I think Fremantle of 2013, Sydney of 2014 and West Coast of 2015 were all better than Richmond in their premiership years. Richmond just happened to become successful in a few particularly weak years.
Where can I but the stuff you're choofing? LOL. Richmond lives rent free in your head. Brilliant.

Buddy, your 2017 Crows could even beat the 2013-15 Hawks
Like I said before even our developing Premiership side regularly beat the Hawks between 2013-15, sorry our 2017-20 sides would have destroyed the Hawks, the evidence is even there that proves me right.
Take this utter crap to the Bay where it belongs. What on earth are you idiots smoking?!.

I don’t actually think Richmond’s triple Premiership team was better than Hawthorn’s. However I am judging that on an era adjusted basis. From where I sit these would be great contests of different style teams. If it was the actual Richmond Grand Final team of say 2020 v the actual Hawthorn GF team of 2013, I would probably favour the Richmond team on the basis the article puts forward, that the sport evolves.

Funny thing is as these threads progress the stupid arguments put forward like yours often make me change my mind. I had Dusty all time Richmond number 5 ranked until you and other oppo supporters managed to convince me he is actually the GOAT.

There's no rebuttal. They're all supporting one another in their assessments. Scott was the one who originally said that Brisbane wouldn't stand a chance against this Richmond dynasty - and Landsberger and Bowden are agreeing with it.

"Scott’s suggestion that modern teams would destroy the golden oldies was backed emphatically.

“Go back and watch the 2000 granny – Essendon was at the height of its power. They would get beaten by 10 goals by any team in the AFL today,” Bowden said.

“Today they line up from outside 50m and just kick a goal. We used to think if you could kick it from 50m that was a good effort. It's out of control, they’re getting so good.”
Bowden shakes his head at how Tiger Shai Bolton runs backwards out of packs and urged patience for AFLW doubters.

“How many generations back have girls been kicking the footy? And so if you fast-forward five generations of growing up kicking the footy, like my daughter is playing under-12s, they're going to get better,” he said.

Harding said Scott’s analysis dripped in merit.

“He can say that, because he played in that Brisbane team. But if Patrick Dangerfield came out and said, ‘Yeah, we’d run rings around Vossy and Black and Lappin and Akermanis’ people would abuse him and laugh at him,” Harding said.

“It's hard to get through your head but the reality is North Melbourne of 2022 would beat Brisbane of 2002. Nick Larkey is jumping all over Mal Michael.”
I actually think that's bullshit. Footy was professional by the year 2000. Lots of high class athletes who were tough and had great skills. And it was fast. The way the bombers played their footy for a couple of years was as good anything you see today. Exhilarating end to end stuff at times and I hate them with a passion. These guys are talking like it was a prehistoric time. It wasn't even close. I'd argue that period was footy at its best. Add the late 90s onto it as well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back