Opinion Richmonds 2017-20 Dynasty would have beaten every other Premiership side of the 2010's

HAPPY CHEFFY

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2022
Stockholm
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Team Usyk
67, 69, 73, 74, 80, 17, 19, 20. That’s 8 learn to count.

WW2 isn’t Nam btw, look it up. You might learn a thing or two. Maybe next time you won’t bring up WW2 when it isn’t relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
75CB3449-23A7-4190-A604-CA2B93112D78.jpeg

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting to note that the majority of Richmond’s premierships came during or directly following World Wars or international conflicts that required Australian involvement, so in essence the Tiggs took the opportunity to pinch some flags while the rest of the clubs sent their players overseas to fight for the greater good and suffered life changing injuries on return.

This also explains why Geelong were rightly more concerned with doing their duty in the Falkland war whilst the Tigers’ first thought was on trying to shirk the real responsibility and pinch another cheap “gimmie” cup. 🙄

Grow a spine indeed.

Richmond one Premiership in war years, 1943. From 10 war years. At the rate of 1 flag per 10 years.

Richmond 12 flags in 105 non-war years at the rate of 1 flag per 8.75 non-war years.

Therefore you are incorrect.

Troll hint: Base your trolls on actual facts. 😁

Last edited:

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond one Premiership in war years, 1943. From 10 war years. At the rate of 1 flag per 10 years.

Richmond 12 flags in 105 non-war years at the rate of 1 flag per 8.75 non-war years.

Troll hint: Base your trolls on actual facts.

Thank you for schooling these boys, they have no idea. It’s actually unreal how correct they think they are, beginning to sound like Americans.

HAPPY CHEFFY

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2022
Stockholm
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Team Usyk

Troll hint: Base your trolls on actual facts. 😁
So you’re not counting your premierships during the Vietnam war now? Peculiarly interesting.. 🤔

Dec 26, 2022
Cork
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton Cork GAA Montreal Canadiens
No little Geelong, you do not have a rivalry with Richmond, the biggest club in the land, no matter how desperately your insecure supporters want to create one. Please stay in your lane. Your rivalries are with other similar sized clubs like the Bulldogs, North Melbourne and Gold Coast. Your encouragement awards 'won' in the 1800s do not count as VFL/AFL premierships. Your AFL era premierships have huge * because of your systematic drug cheating and multiple rule changes created to manufacture you at least some success* in living memory. They are seen by no-one, including your own coach, as in the same ball park as Richmonds magnificent success. The most hard won in the history of our game, against a backdrop of the most compromised drafts in our games history, multiple rule changes to bring us "back to the field" and a pandemic.

However I do acknowledge that your bitter envy, fear and loathing. It's very human and completely understandable :thumbsu:

Also can you please get over that Qualifying final in 2017? I get it was noisy and you were terrified, but seriously, it was a bunch of children cheering for their club. Stop embarrassing yourselves you pathetic lot.
Biggest club in the land? You can't be serious.:grinv1: Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood have more flags than Richmond. The Pies have more members as well.

Dec 26, 2022
Cork
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Whilst I understand you hate and fear Richmond above all others, who cares who your rivals are? Richmond has no rivalries. We are literally in a league of our own. Overshadowing the rest of the league resulting in much nashing of teeth from supporters of the 17 lesser clubs such as your good self.
I'll worry about Richmond if and when you have 16 flags.

Dec 26, 2022
Cork
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Whilst I understand that premierships won in the AFL era are meaningless to supporters of Carlton-Collingwood-Essendon united, according to some of our more insecure Geelong supporting friends, premierships before 1973 don't count either because the Vietnam war, world wars etc. But encouragement awards 'won' in the 1800s do count as AFL era cups.
I can't navigate my way through all the combined insecurities of the 17 lesser clubs so I'll leave you minnows to argue amongst yourselves. But thanks for your attempts to rescue little Geelong from big bad Richmond. I'm sure they look up to you and admire you for so bravely standing up for them :thumbsu:
I only care about Carlton! I'd hardly call Geelong little either. The Cats are the most successful AFL club of the 21st century along with Hawthorn.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
I only care about Carlton! I'd hardly call Geelong little either. The Cats are the most successful AFL club of the 21st century along with Hawthorn.

WC as well. But honestly no b2b for Geelong puts a massive dent in that ‘success’. They’ve failed 3 times this century and it’s going to be 4 next year. It’s damning.

Dec 26, 2022
Cork
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
WC as well. But honestly no b2b for Geelong puts a massive dent in that ‘success’. They’ve failed 3 times this century and it’s going to be 4 next year. It’s damning.

They won three flags in five years from 2007 to 2011. That's still a mighty fine record imo.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
So you’re not counting your premierships during the Vietnam war now? Peculiarly interesting.. 🤔

Your assertion was that Richmond somehow gained an advantage over other clubs during or after world wars and “international conflicts,” the latter of which are present virtually non-stop throughout history. So I reduced it to a sample of wars that could possibly have had any influence on the results of the competition, and kindly showed you that Richmond won Premierships at a slower rate during these wars than they did at all other times.

You should be thanking me for teaching you how to select samples that are relevant to the point you are making. Or better still, how to make points that relate to what the facts tell you in the first place. Still it is good to see you trying to learn how to troll properly. At least you are making an effort, we need a better class of troll around here. 😁

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Your assertion was that Richmond somehow gained an advantage over other clubs during or after world wars and “international conflicts,” the latter of which are present virtually non-stop throughout history. So I reduced it to a sample of wars that could possibly have had any influence on the results of the competition, and kindly showed you that Richmond won Premierships at a slower rate during these wars than they did at all other times.

You should be thanking me for teaching you how to select samples that are relevant to the point you are making. Or better still, how to make points that relate to what the facts tell you in the first place. Still it is good to see you trying to learn how to troll properly. At least you are making an effort, we need a better class of troll around here. 😁
What they were saying really wasn't that complicated, are you being intentionally obtuse?

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
When all is said and done, Richmond are really no different to the likes of GWS and GC, a bakelite franchise who weren't even a foundation club.

You Tiggies can tell me that your club has won more flags and while that is true, it's something that Geelong can always change, what can't ever change is that fact that the Tiggies are blow ins to the comp.

As far as the thread goes, wouldn't have beaten 2011 Geelong.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
When all is said and done, Richmond are really no different to the likes of GWS and GC, a bakelite franchise who weren't even a foundation club.

You Tiggies can tell me that your club has won more flags and while that is true, it's something that Geelong can always change, what can't ever change is that fact that the Tiggies are blow ins to the comp.

As far as the thread goes, wouldn't have beaten 2011 Geelong.

WRONG.

Richmond were established for almost a quarter of a century before entering the VFL, brought a big following with them and a great location. Totally unlike hick town Geelong and the two franchises with which you laughably tried to compare the iconic Tigers. Richmond Football Club was formed and playing before one foundation member of the VFL and the VFL soon enough realised their error in not including the Wasps in their original group to breakaway from the VFA. How Geelong ever got a gig is anyone’s guess. The VFL begged the leviathan club to come on board, which they did to great effect, winning two flags well before the embarrassingly named Pivotonians had won their first, despite giving an 11 season head start. This is something the Cats can never change, they got a head start on Richmond and they remain behind 126 years later.

The other thing that is recorded for posterity is the fact Richmond holds a 10-2 finals record over the dead rubber giants from the Coster Zoo. And the consummate professionals from Punt Road have outscored Geelong in 10 finals series to a pitiable 1. I mean that is just embarrassing for your foundation member club trying to sell themselves as the greatest dynasty ever, you have outscored Richmond in one single finals series in 115 years from 11 opportunities. That just shows how ludicrous it is you trying to claim any superiority at all over Richmond. We’ve smashed you from one end of the Eastern seaboard to the other in just about every match that has ever mattered between the two clubs.

mr-bean.gif

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
WRONG.

Richmond were established for almost a quarter of a century before entering the VFL, brought a big following with them and a great location. Totally unlike hick town Geelong and the two franchises with which you laughably tried to compare the iconic Tigers. Richmond Football Club was formed and playing before one foundation member of the VFL and the VFL soon enough realised their error in not including the Wasps in their original group to breakaway from the VFA. How Geelong ever got a gig is anyone’s guess. The VFL begged the leviathan club to come on board, which they did to great effect, winning two flags well before the embarrassingly named Pivotonians had won their first, despite giving an 11 season head start. This is something the Cats can never change, they got a head start on Richmond and they remain behind 126 years later.

The other thing that is recorded for posterity is the fact Richmond holds a 10-2 finals record over the dead rubber giants from the Coster Zoo. And the consummate professionals from Punt Road have outscored Geelong in 10 finals series to a pitiable 1. I mean that is just embarrassing for your foundation member club trying to sell themselves as the greatest dynasty ever, you have outscored Richmond in one single finals series in 115 years from 11 opportunities. That just shows how ludicrous it is you trying to claim any superiority at all over Richmond. We’ve smashed you from one end of the Eastern seaboard to the other in just about every match that has ever mattered between the two clubs.

mr-bean.gif
No doubt cowardly Geelong lobbied to keep Richmond out of the original 1897 VFL due to fear

Back