Richmond 2017-20 v Hawthorn 2012-15

Which side was stronger and had the better period of dominance?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can everyone just vote Richmond? They clearly hunger for attention so let them have it. Dusty is the GOAT and the Tigers are better than everyone else ever.
Tim Robinson Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

You’re wrong about literally everything.

That was said in 2020.

Scott’s recent comments in essence said that progress means that more recent champion teams would beat older ones. It didn’t say that Richmond is comparatively better than any of the other dynasties.

The two comments are entirely consistent but I’ve read enough of your dribble to realise you don’t understand that.

14 Mar 2020. Yes sorry not 2019 it was 2020 preseason. So before our 3rd flag. He’s changed his tune now and says the more recent champion teams would beat the older ones like you said, we are the most recent dynasty team hence the thread. Done, we win. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

This is why BF polls are dumb. People are so out of touch on here. They all think they know more than Chris Scott and Lethal (in regards to Dusty). Quite unbelievable.

Chris Scott's already been quoted back a page:
“With the greatest respect to them (Richmond), they’re not Hawthorn in the multiple premiership years in a row, I don’t think.

“I don’t think they’re Geelong, St Kilda or Collingwood through that sort of 2009/10 period either.”
Geelong coach Chris Scott said Selwood was the best player he had ever seen.

"The thing that continually struck me about Joel was his ability to care for others and prioritise others," he said.

"When you take everything into consideration, he's the best player I've ever seen and the best representative of the Geelong footy club that you could possibly imagine.
Suffice to say I stand with Scotty!

Chris Scott's already been quoted back a page:

Suffice to say I stand with Scotty!

That was said on 14 Mar 2020 before we won our 3rd flag. Learn to read recent articles cause he’s changed his tune mate. Talk about living in your own bubble. You probably should’ve asked Santa for an English textbook🤣🤣

That was said on 14 Mar 2020 before we won our 3rd flag. Learn to read recent articles cause he’s changed his tune mate. Talk about living in your own bubble. You probably should’ve asked Santa for an English textbook🤣🤣

Scotty trolling the Tuggers beautifully.

Scotty trolling the Tuggers beautifully.

Lethal also said we’d beat the hawks ‘undoubtedly’. From the 2:15-3:30 minute marks of this vid. Case closed. He also goes into Dusty being the best straight after. But enjoy the poll results I guess 🤣

Richmond won their premierships in a really weak era. It is why the teams they played in their Grand Finals were up for a season or two at most. They (GWS, Adelaide etc) were not up there because they were good, they were up there because the previous heavyweight teams (Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney and Fremantle) were all in decline.
Off course it was, weakest era in the history of the game IMO.

1897- 1919 = strong
1920-1921 = weak
1922-1931 = strong
1932-1934 = weak
1935-1942 = strong
1943 = biggest fluke in history
1944-1966 = strong
1967-1974 = weak
1975-1979 = strong
1980 = fluke again
1981-2016= strong
2017-2020 = weakest era ever
2021-2022 = strong again

Its pretty much that isn't it.

Lethal also said we’d beat the hawks ‘undoubtedly’. From the 2:15-3:30 minute marks of this vid. Case closed. He also goes into Dusty being the best straight after. But enjoy the poll results I guess 🤣

Can't even get his 3-2-1 votes right these days. Another blunder for little Leigh I guess. :grinv1:

Off course it was, weakest era in the history of the game IMO.

1897-2016 = strong
2017-2020 = really weak
2021-2022 = strong again

Its pretty much that isn't it.
League was at its peak in 2010, and since the compromised drafts began at the end of that year, the standard of league has been in decline due to the dilusion of the talent pool.

Can't even get his 3-2-1 votes right these days. Another blunder for little Leigh I guess. :grinv1:

🤣 Denial, he even said Dusty doesn’t go into the back 50 anymore to get ‘crappy’ stats.

You guys keep saying I have no idea what I’m talking about with footy evolution in regards to past teams, how good Dusty is, how good we are and that Dusty spent time in the back 50 early in his career. Well this is who I get it from Lethal and Chris Scott who just summed it up in a couple of minutes. Eat it.

5327C155-A14F-43F0-9854-907E90BA2550.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh bout the Richmond nuffies will have a stroke , on one hand they are using Matthews word as gospel with what he said about Dusty on the hand here he is talking up the cats

Will be very interesting
Like I said earlier, they care greatly about the opinions of particular coaches, ex coaches, etc, where it serves the purpose of agreeing with their narrative.

Richmond supporters are deluded, unhinged and one-eyed more so than any other.

When even throwing in the white towel, which seems the most sensible and logical thing to do.... but for some they'd still rather see more blood and guts, even when it's their own. 🐯 🐅

PLEASE stop the blood bath and close thread ☮️

Which side was stronger and had the better period of dominance?

• Richmond 17-20...... Vote 6..... 14%

• Hawthorn 12-15...... Vote 37..... 86%

Yellow and Black.... down for the count !!!

Attachments

• 1318896743_towel.jpg
    1318896743_towel.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
View attachment 1578375

Loving the participation by the cats supporters on these threads

Keep it up kids
Meh. We bookended this period with premierships at both ends so have a meaningful view I would have thought. Hawthorn popped our balloon just like we took over the mantle when you guys petered out.

Pretty clear the Hawks the better team, as the poll bears out. Not to take anything away from Richmond who are clearly the 4th best team assembled this century - which is nothing to sneer at, especially given how you went in the first decade or so.

Meh. We bookended this period with premierships at both ends so have a meaningful view I would have thought. Hawthorn popped our balloon just like we took over the mantle when you guys petered out.

Pretty clear the Hawks the better team, as the poll bears out. Not to take anything away from Richmond who are clearly the 4th best team assembled this century - which is nothing to sneer at, especially given how you went in the first decade or so.

Wait you go with BF polls over the Lethal + Chris Scott opinion. 🤣🤣🤣 All credibility has gone out the window. This thread is an absolute salt mine 🧂🧂🧂

Wait you go with BF polls over the Lethal + Chris Scott opinion. 🤣🤣🤣 All credibility has gone out the window. This thread is an absolute salt mine 🧂🧂🧂

I can’t help you understand what Chris Scott said any better than others have tried.

And you’ll have to help me with Leigh Matthews, I know he said (this year, before the flag) that Geelong are the champion club of the century but where did he say that Richmond are better than Hawthorn?

The answer is Hawthorn pretty comfortably, but it is possible to say that while still conceding the 17-20 Tigers had a great system and managed to get absolutely everything out of a list that at the start of 2017 few thought had one flag in them let alone three.

I also don’t really get why Richmond folk should even care to be honest. They won 3 flags in 4 years for goodness sake, most supporters would kill for that. There’s no shame in being the weaker dynasty of the two; that Hawthorn side was damn good.

Back