Certified Legendary Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA 2022-3 Week 10/11 Thread: Bucks-Grizzlies Finals bound?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perhaps.

Still have Jokic at one though, numbers he is racking up for the Nuggets is extraordinary

Haven't listened yet but Ben Taylor has gone ahead and called Jokic the 'offensive GOAT' in his latest podcast title. Goes along with Taylor calling him the best passer of all time and a 'savant'

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Ive never seen a player control a game in the manner Luka controls it. He toys with defenders. Just *s with them.

And his defense has been much, much better all year.
He is actually really smart defender, he can get abused by some faster guards but he is no where near the liability some make out he is.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Luka plus another 4 inches or Jokic minus 4 and they're just about the same player
Yet Bill Simmons and the like will keep pushing the Jokic is the most fun player in history to play with and makes his team mates better. While suggesting Luka is awful to play with and doesn’t make his team mates better 😂

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Herro called for a pretty clear offensive foul. Ref puts up his number, stadium announcer says foul on Herro. Miami callers think it was on Bam, which would be his fifth foul, criticise call. Show replay a minute later, still thinking it was on Bam, criticise call some more.

Come back from next timeout, tell viewers that Bam only has four fouls, not five, without telling us that they got it wrong and were sooking over nothing.

Beautiful stuff.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet Bill Simmons and the like will keep pushing the Jokic is the most fun player in history to play with and makes his team mates better. While suggesting Luka is awful to play with and doesn’t make his team mates better 😂

I dont feel he feels that about luka. he did put Jokic in his start 5 all fun team, yes.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Can't say I listen to Bill Simmons. Forget about making teammates better which he obviously does, there's no team period without him right now

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I dont feel he feels that about luka. he did put Jokic in his start 5 all fun team, yes.
He absolutely does with Luka, this year he has not been able to compliment Luka without first prefacing it with how he doesn't think he is fun to play with or 'does he make his team mates better'

He even made a joke on one of his recent pods about guys like DFS and Bullock just standing around watching as if it is a knock on Luka... It is literally all they can do, defend and catch and shoot 3's.

He absolutely does with Luka, this year he has not been able to compliment Luka without first prefacing it with how he doesn't think he is fun to play with or 'does he make his team mates better'

He even made a joke on one of his recent pods about guys like DFS and Bullock just standing around watching as if it is a knock on Luka... It is literally all they can do, defend and catch and shoot 3's.

He's never liked it when a player decides to or is forced to be extremely high usage, as he predicts that it never amounts to any success in the end. He has had similar takes about Westbrook, Harden and to a lesser extent LeBron. The only guy that I can recall that has seen that type of usage that he doesn't criticize much for it is Iverson.

That being said, BS has been universally in love with Luka since he was in Europe.

Eh Simmons was dishing out the same sort of criticism at Harden when he was carrying a bunch of average role guys for Houston.

Wouldn’t care about what Simmons has to say about Luka.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Simmons has seen the light and is now talking about Luka being this current 'generational' talent

On a podcast last week, he compared Luka's first 5 year stats with Lebron's (quite remarkably similar in fact)

He was spot on a couple of months ago when he said the Mavs should have done a hail mary trade for Kyrie (right after that twitter anti Semite scandal happened)

Given how bloody well Kyrie is playing well lately, and the fact they wouldn't have had to give up too much draft or trade capital (at the time) putting Kyrie together with Luka would have been so fun and amazing to watch and probably puts Dallas on top in the West.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Eh Simmons was dishing out the same sort of criticism at Harden when he was carrying a bunch of average role guys for Houston.

Wouldn’t care about what Simmons has to say about Luka.
Harden was carrying a much better team lets be clear here, i have no issue with have question marks over high usage players.

But any possession with this Mavs team that does not include Luka is a bad possession.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Simmons has seen the light and is now talking about Luka being this current 'generational' talent

On a podcast last week, he compared Luka's first 5 year stats with Lebron's (quite remarkably similar in fact)

He was spot on a couple of months ago when he said the Mavs should have done a hail mary trade for Kyrie (right after that twitter anti Semite scandal happened)

Given how bloody well Kyrie is playing well lately, and the fact they wouldn't have had to give up too much draft or trade capital (at the time) putting Kyrie together with Luka would have been so fun and amazing to watch and probably puts Dallas on top in the West.
I am not so much saying he is a Luka hater, more just this one part of his assessment is very wrong. And it is one that is shared by so many talking heads.

I still don't rate the Kyrie trade idea, Kyrie has periods of looking great every year. Am i the only one that is still fully expecting him to get injured or go off the rails again? Like we have seen this every single year

Harden was carrying a much better team lets be clear here, i have no issue with have question marks over high usage players.

But any possession with this Mavs team that does not include Luka is a bad possession.
Mate go take a look at the Houston 2016/17 team.

I really don’t understand getting overly defensive with me when I agree with you that the Luka criticism from Simmons is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back