Certified Legendary Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA 2022-3 Week 10/11 Thread: Bucks-Grizzlies Finals bound?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah Kyrie is untouchable for me.
Wouldn't want anything to do with him.

I would have done it (the way he has played since returning from suspension) even with the risk he may fall of the rails again.

Luka is out of contract in 2 years time, Cuban and the Mavs have to show/prove to him they are serious about winning him a ring (or two) or they face the disaster of losing him for nothing.

Luka has serious ambitions of winning and by association being the undisputed best player in the world

It's not going to happen with Dallas and it's current roster construction imo

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Mate go take a look at the Houston 2016/17 team.

I really don’t understand getting overly defensive with me when I agree with you that the Luka criticism from Simmons is incorrect.
It wasn't intended to be a criticism or anything of what you said, more just talking out loud.

Think i find the Harden and Luka comparisons somewhat tiring, outside of the usage rates they play a very different style.

I would have done it (the way he has played since returning from suspension) even with the risk he may fall of the rails again.

Luka is out of contract in 2 years time, Cuban and the Mavs have to show/prove to him they are serious about winning him a ring (or two) or they face the disaster of losing him for nothing.

Luka has serious ambitions of winning and by association being the undisputed best player in the world

I don't think Kyrie is viable anyway because Brooklyn are clearly a good team who won't be trading their 2nd best player and Brooklyn will be doing the same thing with KD that the Mavs are doing with Luka, trying to keep him in town.

The Mavs have nothing to offer really, which is why their best acquisition option was Kemba Walker. The best options out there are overly expensive or not starters.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

He is under contract until 26/27, not 2 years. Also go look at most teams rosters 2 years ago and look at the turn over, people are so twitchy with Luka leaving despite him giving 0 indication he has any intention to.

The issue the Mavs had was they had the big swing at KP and it didn't work out, they had not a ton of cap space without having assets either. The only way they can truly * up the Luka timeline is by burning the limited assets they have on a win now move that doesn't actually turn them in to a contender.

They just need to wait until the off season where they get more pick flexibility.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
He is under contract until 26/27, not 2 years. Also go look at most teams rosters 2 years ago and look at the turn over, people are so twitchy with Luka leaving despite him giving 0 indication he has any intention to.

The issue the Mavs had was they had the big swing at KP and it didn't work out, they had not a ton of cap space without having assets either. The only way they can truly * up the Luka timeline is by burning the limited assets they have on a win now move that doesn't actually turn them in to a contender.

They just need to wait until the off season where they get more pick flexibility.

Just about everyone on the current Mavs roster (aside from Luka) should be considered an trade asset to try improve their roster.

Dallas for some reason has never been an attractive F/A destination, even if it's one if the most famous and popular cities in America, so I guess they have to try get creative in trades.

Trae Young from all reports is likely to ask for a trade at the end of the season, Mavs could probably be able to trade for him; even if giving up a load of future picks and some peripheral players like Hardaway Jnr (provided the contracts all match up of course)

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Just about everyone on the current Mavs roster (aside from Luka) should be considered an trade asset to try improve their roster.

Dallas for some reason has never been an attractive F/A destination, even if it's one if the most famous and popular cities in America, so I guess they have to try get creative in trades.

Trae Young from all reports is likely to ask for a trade at the end of the season, Mavs could probably be able to trade for him; even if giving up a load of future picks and some peripheral players like Hardaway Jnr (provided the contracts all match up of course)
I am sure they would love to but those players aren't assets.

DFS is okay but not getting a great return

Bullock nothing

Hardaway nothing

Bertans is a negative asset

Dinwiddie probably fetches something but is nothing amazing

They need to wait until this years pick conveys to the Knicks to be able to trade the full amount. If they could swing a Trae trade they 100% would but almost every team could come up with a better package than the Mavericks.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Because Luka got us into the playoffs his 2nd year, rebuilding had to be done by the risky KP trade. Didn't work.

Well, kp is playing great* now. Was Luka the problem?

He's a wonderful player but not sure yet if he elevates his team mates that much?

I don't think the harden (prime) comparison is that bad.

* Kp 3s % dropped a bit but generally good numbers and Washington winning some games

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

He's a wonderful player but not sure yet if he elevates his team mates that much?

* Kp 3s % dropped a bit but generally good numbers and Washington winning some games
The Mavs also went on to make the conference finals without him so not i am not sure Luka was the problem

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS

His per 36 numbers look nearly identical to his time in Dallas other than an uptick in FTs.

Brunson became a 100m player next to Luka. Guys like Kleber, Finney-Smith and Powell have been turned into players. Wood is having his most efficient big minutes season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back