The Association Football Cricket thread

Didn't even make the CricBCCIinfo team of the year.
They always favour big nations.

Root averaged 45 and got in but not Babar who had more runs, more centuries, and at a higher average.

They always favour big nations.

Root averaged 45 and got in but not Babar who had more runs, more centuries, and at a higher average.
Babar was the best player of the year, hilarious that he didn't get in.

At least they aren't as bad as CA who bring in an All-rounder who's played 2 FC matches in the past 18 months and taken 3 wickets for 200+ in them total.
Get ****ed.
WTF George Bailey.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Get ****ed.
WTF George Bailey.
Spin bowling allrounder... Might as well bowl Head as he's just as effective with the ball and infinitely better with the bat. We're like Bangladesh here picking a guy with FC bowling average of 41 and a FC batting average of 28. Usually meant to be the other way around

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
God this summer of cricket has been s**t. I understand they need to cycle through the nations but the level of cricket played by the WI and SA hasn’t been anywhere close down here.
RSA have the 4th worst average per wicket in a calendar year ever. Only 2nd worst this year though.

India are the only side who are competitive here. Unless we play them every summer, we'll just continue to have one-sided contests. Even NZ in 2019 were non-competitive despite the talent they had at their disposal.

At least the India tour and the Ashes should be great contests, our overseas tours generally are.

India are the only side who are competitive here. Unless we play them every summer, we'll just continue to have one-sided contests. Even NZ in 2019 were non-competitive despite the talent they had at their disposal.

At least the India tour and the Ashes should be great contests, our overseas tours generally are.
I mean, this is the first time since 05/06 that Australia has beaten SA in Australia

I hear you. Unless we’re playing England or (to a lesser extent) India, it’s just a terrible contest.

Don’t get me started on the Big bash.

I think people are forgetting what the last 30 years has been like. The Border, Waugh, Ponting and Clarke era's routinely crushed teams that toured here.

90/91 to now

Series: Australia - 40 wins - 4 drawn - 6 defeats
Matches: Australia - 119 wins - 21 drawn - 22 defeats

Yes I’m struggling with the non competitive nature of the summer here so far. Have hardly watched compared to when India have been here in recent years. Last summer was also a bit of a fizzer with England here.
I really don't think Aus cricket fans really do want this.

When SA won a series here we axed half the team, then England won 1 single series here (later admitted by Panesar to have ball tampering) and we got the Argus report. The public and media blowback when we lose shows that really what we all want is Australia curb stomping touring parties.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I really don't think Aus cricket fans really do want this.

When SA won a series here we axed half the team, then England won 1 single series here (later admitted by Panesar to have ball tampering) and we got the Argus report. The public and media blowback when we lose shows that really what we all want is Australia curb stomping touring parties.

Nah I’m not suggesting that either - for me for me a competitive contest is more enjoyable to watch than the regular pummelling touring countries receive here over the years.

Test cricket needs that, the series in India should be a much better contest. Speaking of which, that image of Rishabh Pant’s car after his accident was frightening stuff. I’m guessing he misses the series however that’s kinda irrelevant, glad he’s okay.

Back