Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we just came off a 64 win season but why does it feel like we just missed the playoffs and are back to being a lottery team.
Just due to the magnitude of it. If we had lost by a buzzer beater from Doncic or something like that, we'd be blaming the refs or something really petty.

The truth is for 85% of last season we were amazing, and by far the best team in the NBA. Something happened towards the end of the year which completely derailed the team though, whether it it's injury, ego's or just fatigue, it turned us from a dominant team to a bog average one.

I'm backing Monty and JJ to suss out exactly what caused it, and if we have our core of CP3, Book and Bridges next season, we are going to be a contender, provided the rest of the roster is filled out accordingly.

Just due to the magnitude of it. If we had lost by a buzzer beater from Doncic or something like that, we'd be blaming the refs or something really petty.

The truth is for 85% of last season we were amazing, and by far the best team in the NBA. Something happened towards the end of the year which completely derailed the team though, whether it it's injury, ego's or just fatigue, it turned us from a dominant team to a bog average one.

I'm backing Monty and JJ to suss out exactly what caused it, and if we have our core of CP3, Book and Bridges next season, we are going to be a contender, provided the rest of the roster is filled out accordingly.

This is a great post. What happened in that Dallas series should not be forgotten, and lets be honest, it does feel a million times worse because it was a blowout and we weren't in the game at any stage. But we also forget just how good this team was this season. I have no doubt that whether we bring in a "Superstar" which I think is seriously difficult using Ayton (Sign and Trades usually suck due to the NBA rules) or run it back with a few tweaks. I think we are in a strong position again for next season.

Relying on CP3 as part of a core at his age is more than risky. I think the latter part of the season and playoffs we didn’t see the best of him. At the very least needs to be more carefully managed next season.

My offseason wishlist:

• Sarver selling the team, preferably to someone like Bob Iger or Ellison (the report should be due soon?)
  • Offer Ayton a 5 year deal, if S&T is the only option then so be it
  • Package a combination of Crowder, Payne, Shamet to strengthen the rotating unit - Brogdon? Grant?
  • Trade into the draft - mid to late 2nd round - or try our luck finding a Euro unicorn in the undrafted pool, there seems to be a few roughies this year (Bleijenbergh from Belgium perhaps?)

My offseason wishlist:

• Sarver selling the team, preferably to someone like Bob Iger or Ellison (the report should be due soon?)
  • Offer Ayton a 5 year deal, if S&T is the only option then so be it
  • Package a combination of Crowder, Payne, Shamet to strengthen the rotating unit - Brogdon? Grant?
  • Trade into the draft - mid to late 2nd round - or try our luck finding a Euro unicorn in the undrafted pool, there seems to be a few roughies this year (Bleijenbergh from Belgium perhaps?)

Speak of the devil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am so bipolar when it comes to this team. One day I feel we should just blow it up, the next day I feel we can get back to the finals.

Always great to see Booker explode
Most of Twitter does this. We could 82-0 in the reg season and it means nothing. The playoffs are all that matters. Today’s win clearly shows they still believe

Well *, not sure how to feel about it.

I have no doubt KD makes us a more successful team in the short term but Bridges was the heart of this team. He was part of the reason Suns basketball was fun to watch again. He's the type of player you truly cheer for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back