Liverpool FC: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

She went on Love Island or one of those reality tv shows.

I actually have no idea if that incident even happened but I'd presume he was tuned in to watch his daughter.

Had to look it up myself. For one of the challenges, she gave each guy a lap dance and sucked some guys finger. I guess that’s what the tweet is referring to.

Had to look it up myself. For one of the challenges, she gave each guy a lap dance and sucked some guys finger. I guess that’s what the tweet is referring to.
Nah its referring to her being fingered under a doona on national tv

Struggle street at the moment. Lots of their players look tired, old or are injury prone. Bench is more of the same or untested youth.

TAA got his first assist for the season tonight which is incredibly poor for him and Liverpool as he has been a key creator for them in the past.

Need a massive investment into the squad this summer or they may drift a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Edwards a bigger loss than first thought?
I suspect it is.

7-8 months ago we were runner up in the PL and Champions League, and won the FA Cup and League Cup. Edwards walks out the door 2 minutes later and it all falls apart instantaneously? Doesn't add up for me.

In the long term there's no doubt the loss of Edwards and other key members of our data analytics team will have a huge impact if they're not adequately replaced. I'm not sure if it would be the main driver this soon though (he only left 6 months ago, and the others only in the past month or so). I suspect only Nunez and Gakpo would have come in under the 'new regime' transfer committee, and the latter hasn't even played yet.

From what I've seen, my guess would be the following combination of factors:
(a) some ageing players, +
(b) a lack of availability/chemistry/ability to play this system among their replacements, =
(c) a squad that is collectively less capable of delivering on Klopp's gegenpressing game plan (we're down on most of these indicators).

Compare the level of coordination and intensity of our defence in the front half of the pitch with Nunez/Elliott/Thiago vs Mane/Wijnaldum/Henderson. Night and day. It's not a surprise to me that our back 4 are being caught out of position as often as they are. We need to make sure we don't lose sight of the foundation of our success: recruiting/developing players who match the system, not the other way round.

Losing Edwards might have a long term effect but it's unrealistic to blame his departure for this season's decline.

What we are seeing this season is Van Dijk down on form - so it comes unstuck when they try to play with two at the back and push the full backs high. Mane leaving was good transition planning but unfortunately Jota and Diaz both got long term injuries.

Their best is very good, such as beating Bournemouth 9-0, beating City and Newcastle. But then they lose to Leeds, Forest and Brentford...

Losing Edwards might have a long term effect but it's unrealistic to blame his departure for this season's decline.

What we are seeing this season is Van Dijk down on form - so it comes unstuck when they try to play with two at the back and push the full backs high. Mane leaving was good transition planning but unfortunately Jota and Diaz both got long term injuries.

Their best is very good, such as beating Bournemouth 9-0, beating City and Newcastle. But then they lose to Leeds, Forest and Brentford...

Still reckon it's tragic de ligt was benched for the WC

Michael Edwards was our Football Director until the end of the 2021/22 season.
Julian Ward replaced him, then left in December.
Ian Graham was our head of data analytics, also left in December.
All 3 had been at the club for around a decade.

Last edited:
Bringing in Nunez and now Gakpo when they don't need forwards and they need midfielders shows a lack of self awareness. Not one player in that midfield could out sprint Darren Lehmann. Obviously with Jota and Diaz now injured it looks like a good idea but no one knew they were going to be long term injuries at the start of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back