Liverpool FC: Where to next?

Might be more than enough for a club like Everton fighting relegation but it doesnt quite cut it at the top level.
I guess this is normal. You wouldnt know a quality footballer when you see one cos you gotta watch Everton players all the time.

You can be so obnoxious at times.
Well done, you latched on to a sky 4 club. So brave.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
You can be so obnoxious at times.
Well done, you latched on to a sky 4 club. So brave.
I asked you the other day which you ignored and didn’t respond to. Why do you support Tottenham? You said something about posting about it something like 8-10 years ago.

I am just curious. Why do you support Spurs? You aren’t from England.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I asked you the other day which you ignored and didn’t respond to. Why do you support Tottenham? You said something about posting about it something like 8-10 years ago.

I am just curious. Why do you support Spurs? You aren’t from England.
He's masochistic

Being_Liverpool_titles.jpg

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I think as you are perhaps seeing with us too is that it isn't easy maintaining such a ridiculously high level of football for season after season
It's certainly very difficult to replicate year after year after year. We won everything though in that period so I cant complain but we desperately need a massive re-build now. Particularly in midfield.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think as you are perhaps seeing with us too is that it isn't easy maintaining such a ridiculously high level of football for season after season

True. I guess I naively assumed there were going to be a few rungs on the ladder between “verge of a quadruple and world domination” to “mid-table getting beaten up by Brighton, Brentford and United every second week”.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

The main difference is your side in 2018 is very different to the side you have out now. Ours (assuming everyone is fit) is pretty much the same apart from Diaz to replace Mane & Thiago into midfield. We have Milner still playing on 83445 games and Henderson on 500 plus games after 12 years at the club.

If David Silva was at Liverpool we'd be still getting him to sign 1 year deals to play a key role.

A fresh injection into midfield was needed at the start of the season. What did we get? Arthur on loan who has played 13 minutes than got injured for 4 months.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
The main difference is your side in 2018 is very different to the side you have out now. Ours (assuming everyone is fit) is pretty much the same apart from Diaz to replace Mane & Thiago into midfield. We have Milner still playing on 83445 games and Henderson on 500 plus games after 12 years at the club.

If David Silva was at Liverpool we'd be still getting him to sign 1 year deals to play a key role.

A fresh injection into midfield was needed at the start of the season. What did we get? Arthur on loan who has played 13 minutes than got injured for 4 months.
we still have 8 guys (9 if you count mendy) from that centurions squad. liverpool have 10.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
we still have 8 guys (9 if you count mendy) from that centurions squad. liverpool have 10.

Your starting line up was:

Ederson

Walker Otamendi Kompany Mendy

De Bruyne Toure D. Silva

B. Silva Aguero Sterling

Of that starting XI only Bernardo, Walker & De Bruyne are still there.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You only have Diaz?

Righttttttttt......

What about Nunez, Gakpo, Konate, Jota? That you dropped the best part of £200m+ on? Ontop of the £40m you spend on Diaz.

Poor old Liverpool and their lack of spending....

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You only have Diaz?

Righttttttttt......

What about Nunez, Gakpo, Konate, Jota? That you dropped the best part of £200m+ on?
I did say Thiago came into midfield.

Konate's one for the future for sure. He replaced Lovren (sold for 11m). Nunez will take over from Firmino (leaving on a free). Gakpo (37m) replaces Minamino (sold for 15m). All these players are simply replacements for outgoings in the squad, they aren't additions to the squad apart from Jota who nobody was sold to replace.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I did say Thiago came into midfield.

Konate's one for the future for sure. He replaced Lovren (sold for 11m). Nunez will take over from Firmino (leaving on a free). Gakpo (37m) replaces Minamino (sold for 15m). All these players are simply replacements for outgoings in the squad, they aren't additions to the squad apart from Jota who nobody was sold to replace.

They are upgrades on your older squad and changes to your squad. Which was your point.

You cited Man City, they have sold players also.... they've sold £270m worth of players in the last 3 windows to get the players you are complaining about....

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
They are upgrades on your older squad and changes to your squad. Which was your point.

You cited Man City, they have sold players also.... they've sold £270m worth of players in the last 3 windows...

Their net spend in the same period is double ours and thats including those player sales.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

If QSI get a hold of the club expect to see a large exodus of fans. These scum have no place operating LFC, I am done with the club if this happens. As much as we need new ownership this is not the answer.

Are they more scummy than Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund? Or Abu Dhabi United Group?

I haven't noticed a large exodus of fans at Newcastle or Man City since those takeovers.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Are they more scummy than Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund? Or Abu Dhabi United Group?

I haven't noticed a large exodus of fans at Newcastle or Man City since those takeovers.

The difference being those clubs did not experience success without sportswashing scum owning them means fans more willing to accept such an owner.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
FSG signed Adrian on a free & Van Den Berg for a nominal fee upon winning the CL in 2019. Find me a side that has spent less after winning a major trophy this century.

You signed Minamino also...

You then followed it up 6 months later by signing Jota and Thiago for almost 70m.....

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You signed Minamino also...

You then followed it up 6 months later by signing Jota and Thiago for almost 70m.....

Minamino was signed for 7m in January.

Thiago replaced Wijnaldum. Hardly spending big, Liverpool are well down the list on transfer spend in the Klopp era.

Milner, a freebie, played a huge role.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
The difference being those clubs did not experience success without sportswashing scum owning them means fans more willing to accept such an owner.

So they are not more scummy than the other Arabic owners? And it's just about the fans previous expectations? However, the fans have little say in these takeovers. And they will accept any owner who provides success, such as an improvement from Liverpool's current mid-table position.

Who will you support if this goes through and you are done with Liverpool FC?

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Minamino was signed for 7m in January.

Thiago replaced Wijnaldum. Hardly spending big, Liverpool are well down the list on transfer spend in the Klopp era.

Milner, a freebie, played a huge role.

Nope,

You've spent €40m more than Man City since 18/19 (8 windows)

Liverpool Spent: €500.98m
Liverpool Sold: €213.37m
Net: €287.68m

Man City Spent: €689.91m
Man City Sold: €446.3m
Net: €243.61m

Back