Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good point too. However, that can all be offset by also reducing max allowed RWT to say 10...if we're reducing max allowed cb, s, dt, de to 4 each.

Its a fair point, but imo too drastic of a change over 10 years in. Its the type of roster settings that would be good when setting up a league.

But adp raises a good point overall

A change there would facilitate a bunch of other measures to change as well. To ensure volatility, roster parity etc.

Max rwt down to 10. Cb, s, dt, de max down to 4. Active roster size could stay at 36 or go down 34, even with a second punter and kicker needing to be rostered to ensure no bye starters allowed. 100m cap to be reconfigured, could come down not go up to re-squeeze managers even if scoring changes on idp voted in bumped up their salaries. Etc.

A balance of competition is always required. So manager can equally be offense-minded or defense-minded, and no advantage one way or another. Also cap squeezing is necessary otherwise theres no "management" anymore. People can hoard on offense say, disregard defense, and the league dwindles into an Alpha shithole of a league type

What about just reducing defence by one starter (a db) ..no change whatsoever to off starters or rwt max of 13. Just think it better balances off v def.
You dont "have to" start 2 cbs and 2 safeties. You currently have to start 1 dt, 1 de, 2 lb, 1 cb, 1 s....and then pick 2 more non-lb flex. Most people pick a second dt or de or s. And some weeks, byes, injuries, no free agents, you are grateful to have some depth at cb, s, to fill those flex positions.

You dont "have to" start 2 cbs and 2 safeties. You currently have to start 1 dt, 1 de, 2 lb, 1 cb, 1 s....and then pick 2 more non-lb flex. Most people pick a second dt or de or s. And some weeks, byes, injuries, no free agents, you are grateful to have some depth at cb, s, to fill those flex positions.
Yeah I get that. Maybe just reduce def starters to 7. Combine s and cb (like rwt) and can start max of three.

Btw this isn’t give my team an advantage as I have pretty decent DBs

Just a suggestion …all good is no one agrees

Stinger 30 pts up with Broderick Washington and Roquan Smith to play vs TGBB's Joe Burrow, Greg Rousseau, Taron Johnson, and Minkah Fitzpatrick to play.

Who the * is Broderick Washington?

He might get a bunch of DT points with the Steelers pounding the ball inside

Ive genunely never heard of him, not often im stumped but I am with Broderick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that last pick by Mincah Fitzpatrick might be a winning play
I bragged yesterday before games started that I benched Byard as Titans were pulling starters. Then he had two ints! Ouch. I think I lost 9 points with his replacement. Could prove very costly

I bragged yesterday before games started that I benched Byard as Titans were pulling starters. Then he had two ints! Ouch. I think I lost 9 points with his replacement. Could prove very costly
yeah it is tough when something like that happens

I got my team pretty spot on this week despite the low score. Josh Sweat getting injured 5 minutes into the game and Succop having a negative score didn't help

So the options....

1) award the Bills/Bengals player his weekly average to the week 17 score.

2) treat the total scores as final, like as if the player got injured early in the game, tough luck.

3) replace in your starting lineup a high scoring player from the bench...tho this isnt ideal as some people dont have a viable replacement

Note -- whatever i choose from the above, to award an actual title winner, regardless, both people will split the prizemoney (200 for 1st, 100 for 2nd, so 150 each).

Im inclined to go with option 2 otherwise option 1.

But i want to know which option 00Stinger and TheGreatBarryB also agree to, if theres a consensus between the two.

Update....

----Payment Collection----

Send $28.50 via Paypal to gg.v69.exe@outlook.com

In item description don't use the word "fantasy".

Orherwise PM me for bank transfer details if you don't have Paypal

--EXEMPT 2022--
BeinPurplenGreen
Arakaan

--PAID 2022--
GG.exe
Alldatpower
TheGreatBarryB
Drd23
Shiny_On_Top
00Stinger
Blacky
Dagless
Dixie Flatline
WRU666

--UNPAID 2022--
peterbuch74
LennyHayes77
bgt2110
J Shuttlesworth

Might as well just wait it out a bit longer to see if the NFL reschedules the Bills-Bengals game before deciding a method and before handing out 150 each.

If the NFL actually reschedules the Bills-Bengals game, then i would allow the results of that game to be implemented and settle the title winner that way and winner would thus get 200 and runner-up 100.

Seeing as im still waiting for four more people to pay before handing out prizemoney, then the delay in what the NFL does coincides.

So the options....

1) award the Bills/Bengals player his weekly average to the week 17 score.

2) treat the total scores as final, like as if the player got injured early in the game, tough luck.

3) replace in your starting lineup a high scoring player from the bench...tho this isnt ideal as some people dont have a viable replacement

Note -- whatever i choose from the above, to award an actual title winner, regardless, both people will split the prizemoney (200 for 1st, 100 for 2nd, so 150 each).

Im inclined to go with option 2 otherwise option 1.

But i want to know which option 00Stinger and TheGreatBarryB also agree to, if theres a consensus between the two.

Look it's really tricky because the result was going down to the wire.

Happy with any of those options or even replaying the tie in round 18

I think I win from all of those options (maybe not the averages added) and I was favourite to win by the predictor I think but Barry has the better team that would win 7 or 8 out of every 10 times we play.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thats another option. Or, week 17 + week 18 = total score vs the other person's week 17 + week 18

You can’t do wk 17+ 18 because I’m a few players short in wk17. And it’s not the same as injuries.

Tough one. Option 1 I win option 2 Stinger wins. Maybe we wait submit line ups for wk 18 and see what happens with postponed game. (Although not sure site will let submit teams) If it goes ahead wk 17 scores stand if not wk 18. Going to a crapshoot wk 18 as teams will pull players at HT as results become more clear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back