The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not the stat I took away from that game. Haha...

Luka with 60 points 21 rebounds and 10 assists.

Bro is different.

Even more impressive given Luka has pretty much a roster of scrubs as teammates since Brunson left

Never has a Pippen like No 2 teammate. Hope Cuban doesn't waste his prime generational years and gets him somewhat decent supporting cast.

Even more impressive given Luka has pretty much a roster of scrubs as teammates since Brunson left

Never has a Pippen like No 2 teammate. Hope Cuban doesn't waste his prime generational years and gets him somewhat decent supporting cast.
Yeah he doesnt really have any All Star teammates. Will make it difficult for him to win championships until Cuban sorts out the roster.

Also how tough is the MVP race this season. Doncic has been crazy but the Mavs suck. Steph has been great but the Warriors are sucking also. Jokic has been ridiculous and he has won MVP's with his team being a 5 or 6 seed. Now his team is like leading the West. Giannis has been unreal and still a top two seed in the East without Middleton for most of the season. Tatum has been great on a top team in Boston. Durant and the surging Nets, he's been immense.

****ed if I know who is leading the race at the minute.

What's happened to Boston Elmer_Judd?

And you call me obsessed over Hull lol

Poor performance, on a back to back in the West. Every team in the NBA even contenders like the Celtics have had at least one this season. No excuses, but there is a lot of talent in the NBA this year (especially for young teams like OKC)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor performance, on a back to back in the West. Every team in the NBA even contenders like the Celtics have had at least one this season. No excuses, but there is a lot of talent in the NBA this year (especially for young teams like OKC)

? It was one of two games on today and I put a bit of money on the Thunder line so was following the match. Thought you were meant to be good and them s**t.

? It was one of two games on today and I put a bit of money on the Thunder line so was following the match. Thought you were meant to be good and them s**t.

One bad game/worst of the season shouldn't automatically write the Celtics off tbh.

But as it stands, I have the Brooklyn Nets winning the East and probably the chip (provided Kyrie doesn't go off the rails again)

One bad game/worst of the season shouldn't automatically write the Celtics off tbh.

But as it stands, I have the Brooklyn Nets winning the East and probably the chip (provided Kyrie doesn't go off the rails again)
You've jumped off your boys already haha

Wasn’t a back to back.

Road trip but not back to back.

Defence is a big problem for the C’s.

Good grief. That was such a powerful watch.

That's not even to talk about College sports where the kids play for nothing and risk injuries before they even go pro. America is ****ed in so many ways.

We're not a whole lot better when it comes to disability support to be fair.

That's not even to talk about College sports where the kids play for nothing and risk injuries before they even go pro. America is ****ed in so many ways.

We're not a whole lot better when it comes to disability support to be fair.

No, we are not and it’s ****ed.

In America, these young people are pushed and pushed and pushed at such a young age to strive for sporting excellent. And then when something does go wrong, sorry, you’re on your own.

In America, these young people are pushed and pushed and pushed at such a young age to strive for sporting excellent. And then when something does go wrong, sorry, you’re on your own.

Same with their military, health care, etc. etc. it's actually amazing the country is still standing.

Same with their military, health care, etc. etc. it's actually amazing the country is still standing.

I remember when I was in Chicago a few years ago, when the taxi driver found out we were from Australia, he spent about 20 minutes just praising our heath care and trashing how things are in America. It was fascinating and a real eye opener on what people go through in that country.

I remember reading an article a few years ago about Muhammad Wilkerson. From memory he said 'I play football so my kids don't have to'. America is a ridiculous country, a parody of itself most of the time both in foreign and domestic policy, full of rhetoric and hypocrisy. For the vast majority of African American kids, professional sports are the only way to drag their families out of poverty and that is largely why they play the game. For the intelligent ones who don't make it, earning a scholarship to go to college can provide them with an education they would never have been able to afford.

The disability funds is a tough one. Current players often trade present benefits for future losses in sports. i.e. Cut my disability benefit if you can pay me more now. That is one example but there are a lot. The NFL avoids global pressures too as it is not a global sport and is effectively run as a cartel with the owners hiding behind Goodell. He doesn't work for the players or the best interests of the NFL. He is employed by the team owners to work for them to drive profit.

A smart owner would offer a side benefit of guaranteeing a pension and disability benefits for his teams players but that hasn't happened as yet and the league would probably punish them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back