Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Essentially said "Oh yeah I knew Andy would be fine like 2 mins after he got hit but what i was REALLY concerend about was how gaff was feeling."

Meanwhile gus was going on radio saying gaff should be in jail

I find it more disgusting that some WCE fans still call him Glasshaw or Glassjaw as if Gaff smacking him in the face was Brayshaw's fault.

But then the same fans demanded that Barry Hall get a huge suspension for knocking out Staker.

I had mates i thought were rational making all sorts of excuses for Gaff. Oh, Brayshaw ducked into it, Brayshaw was scragging him all game, Brayshaw shouldn't have shaped up, Brayshaw has a glass jaw, and it isn't Gaff's fault he cant take a hit.

Some of the media seemed to feel more sorry for how Gaff felt about the incident and how sorry he was for doing it.

The WCE club handled it disgustingly, as did the fans. I hope to see Brayshaw tear their team apart for another decade, dishing out floggings as punishment.

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
I find it more disgusting that some WCE fans still call him Glasshaw or Glassjaw as if Gaff smacking him in the face was Brayshaw's fault.

But then the same fans demanded that Barry Hall get a huge suspension for knocking out Staker.

I had mates i thought were rational making all sorts of excuses for Gaff. Oh, Brayshaw ducked into it, Brayshaw was scragging him all game, Brayshaw shouldn't have shaped up, Brayshaw has a glass jaw, and it isn't Gaff's fault he cant take a hit.

Some of the media seemed to feel more sorry for how Gaff felt about the incident and how sorry he was for doing it.

The WCE club handled it disgustingly, as did the fans. I hope to see Brayshaw tear their team apart for another decade, dishing out floggings as punishment.
Yes I agree, but then so much about WC has a murky, miasma hanging over it....just one in a long list of unscrupulous incidents

I can believe Gaff being too sheepish to intend to smash out Brayshaw's teeth and break his jaw, meeting out at Get Chunky he was the most timid and retreating AFL player I've come across. Doesn't matter though, he did it. I'm still looking forward to Angus flattening Gaff in a legal contest and giving him one of those Cripps whispers in the ear before the elbows.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have a listen to him talk abt the incident on will Schofield's pod. Theres a reason Gus is still employed and he isn't. Weak mentality
In fairness to Hamish he is a much inferior player than the two brothers and always was. He did well to eek out 3 or 4 years on an AFL list. He was a long way off the required level in the game or two he did play for WCE.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC

Human beings are weird.
Like you said, rational people blaming a.b.
I know I can get 1 eyed at the best of times but where the line in the sand.

I remember the Eagles crowd from that day, it put me off football for a few years.
They seemed to be baying for more blood.
Very difficult to watch.
I also asked Danny Green how it fit into his anti coward punch campaign.
He thought it was an accident, play on.
******* Eagles slime..

Team sport is s**t when it blinds you to what is really going on.

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
Thanks for embiggining my vocabulary.
haha, never really considered it an 'uncommon' word....I use it lots. I think it describes West Coast perfectly. Plenty of scope to use it there! :tearsofjoy:

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
I can believe Gaff being too sheepish to intend to smash out Brayshaw's teeth and break his jaw, meeting out at Get Chunky he was the most timid and retreating AFL player I've come across. Doesn't matter though, he did it. I'm still looking forward to Angus flattening Gaff in a legal contest and giving him one of those Cripps whispers in the ear before the elbows.
Gaff is quick to get a handball away before any tackle or contest is made. Weak as piss outside player. Glad him and NicNat will never win a flag.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Human beings are weird.
Like you said, rational people blaming a.b.
I know I can get 1 eyed at the best of times but where the line in the sand.

I remember the Eagles crowd from that day, it put me off football for a few years.
They seemed to be baying for more blood.
Very difficult to watch.
I also asked Danny Green how it fit into his anti coward punch campaign.
He thought it was an accident, play on.
******* Eagles slime..

Team sport is s**t when it blinds you to what is really going on.
Green promoting one punch corward hits, then turns a blind in the most obvious action of what he campaigned for. So bizarre.

FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
Green promoting one punch corward hits, then turns a blind in the most obvious action of what he campaigned for. So bizarre.
I called him out on social media.....you guessed it got nothing from him. Went on to say that his coward punch campaign was officially dead after his silence on the gaff incident.

Wobbly Punt

All Australian
Feb 24, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Green seems a good dude (footy choices aside of course) but he's not going to win any IQ contests, even before he chose his profession. Honestly I'd be surprised if he made any link at all between the 2. I understand some being upset by him not saying anything but I'll save my scorn for Gaff, the Budgie crowd on the day and Nisbett and not Green in this event.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Youngy aspirations

Attachments

• D21EE5F8-EA0C-4CD2-AE7D-300BBAD92F04.png
    D21EE5F8-EA0C-4CD2-AE7D-300BBAD92F04.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 224
  • 2A23A3AB-127E-41B5-914A-C6B8EB775BFD.png
    2A23A3AB-127E-41B5-914A-C6B8EB775BFD.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 223

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
Youngy aspirations

At this early stage of his career Hayden Young is one of the most impressive players to ever grace the field for Freo but that article has elevated him to outstanding with his aspirations to be a leader and his desire to achieve premiership success with Freo. He is the complete package.

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
At this early stage of his career Hayden Young is one of the most impressive players to ever grace the field for Freo but that article has elevated him to outstanding with his aspirations to be a leader and his desire to achieve premiership success with Freo. He is the complete package.

I was reading game day threads a while ago and some posters were bagging him out for backing himself. I would think the coaching staff gave himself direct instruction to do just that. He's a weapon and could easily be as good as ir even better than Burchall for the Hawks/Lions.

greatgatsby

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Commanders, Black Ducks
I was reading game day threads a while ago and some posters were bagging him out for backing himself. I would think the coaching staff gave himself direct instruction to do just that. He's a weapon and could easily be as good as ir even better than Burchall for the Hawks/Lions.
I would have thought Birchall's career would be the minimum of what he can achieve.

I would have thought Birchall's career would be the minimum of what he can achieve.
I think we quickly get carried away with young players and potential and forget older / retired players and what they accomplished. Birchall was one of the best HBF in the game for a long time, I’d argue it’s both what we should expect but also a good result for Youngy.

FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
I think we quickly get carried away with young players and potential and forget older / retired players and what they accomplished. Birchall was one of the best HBF in the game for a long time, I’d argue it’s both what we should expect but also a good result for Youngy.
Birchall was good to very good as a player in his prime. The target for Young should be to replicate Luke Hodge.

Back