Premier Lg EPL Matchday 19 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Been rumours the board were going to see how this game and the next go in terms of results.

Would be rather pointless after giving him assurance they would be patient with him.

I also thought they looked rather resilient today without being overly threatening in attack. Two injuries in the first 20 minutes never help either.

Would be rather pointless after giving him assurance they would be patient with him.

I also thought they looked rather resilient today without being overly threatening in attack. Two injuries in the first 20 minutes never help either.
They are 10th right now, doubt they can be patient much longer.

Didn't they do the same to tuchel? giving him assurance then kicking him out the door?

The young kids did for sure.

Oof. Potter is really triggering some haha

We are going to be patient with him imo and i hope we use this 2nd half of the season to get plenty of minutes into the youf and sort out the wheat from the chaff. I feel a bit sorry for him as injuries are crippling us atm too.

Last edited:
What's Cancelo done to piss Pep off? Thought he looked ok first half.

I did too but it seems it was tactical. In the post match interview Pep was saying when he made the subs at half time he had planned to also bring Grealish and Mahrez on a little later. So effectively he swapped Cancelo for a genuine winger and Walker for Lewis who slotted more into midfield. I'm not sure why he's not playing Cancelo at roving LB which is his best position. Pep seems to love Lewis though. Said he makes good decisions and makes the players around him play better.

Ooooft

324025314_709905333957124_8207152965640638993_n.jpg

I did too but it seems it was tactical. In the post match interview Pep was saying when he made the subs at half time he had planned to also bring Grealish and Mahrez on a little later. So effectively he swapped Cancelo for a genuine winger and Walker for Lewis who slotted more into midfield. I'm not sure why he's not playing Cancelo at roving LB which is his best position. Pep seems to love Lewis though. Said he makes good decisions and makes the players around him play better.
Ake has been very good on the left this season. Cancelo has been below par.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ake has been very good on the left this season. Cancelo has been below par.

Ake is very good defensively but doesn't offer that much going forward. Cancelo had 11 assists last season. It seems to be more of a tactical switch to the attacking defender being on the right rather than due to Cancelo's form.

They are 10th right now, doubt they can be patient much longer.

Didn't they do the same to tuchel? giving him assurance then kicking him out the door?

The young kids did for sure.

Why not? They said they would stick with him even if they missed CL, what's changed?

Did they? Not that I recall but you seem to have a better memory than me.

Why not? They said they would stick with him even if they missed CL, what's changed?

Did they? Not that I recall but you seem to have a better memory than me.
From memory when the new owners came in that is what was said or along those lines.

From memory when the new owners came in that is what was said or along those lines.

Tuchel got sacked or moved on as he wasn't interested in working with the committee so to speak(Technical Director, data based scouts etc). In hindsight it should have been done from the start and Potter could have had a preseason and a transfer window so he could hit the ground running instead of playing catch up.

It's a common theme with Tuchel. Great cup manager but doesn't get along with those above him.

Tuchel got sacked or moved on as he wasn't interested in working with the committee so to speak(Technical Director, data based scouts etc). In hindsight it should have been done from the start and Potter could have had a preseason and a transfer window so he could hit the ground running instead of playing catch up.

It's a common theme with Tuchel. Great cup manager but doesn't get along with those above him.

Surely given how much Boehly spent and who he bought this model of his that he seems to want to follow wasn't in his thoughts when he first bought the club.

This committee idea seems to have come after he realised he didn't have a clue what he was doing in that space.

Wasn't it as well a case of the board signing players that Tuchel didn't want or ask for?

But Boehly just looks like another Abarmovich in the making.

I mean Chelsea are 10th another loss could put them in the bottom half way through the season doubt any owner with a club size like chelsea would be happy but I wouldn't be surprised if Boehly panicked and sacked Potter if say lose again to city in the FA cup and for arguement sake losses to Fulham and CPFC.

Surely given how much Boehly spent and who he bought this model of his that he seems to want to follow wasn't in his thoughts when he first bought the club.

This committee idea seems to have come after he realised he didn't have a clue what he was doing in that space.
Granovskaia and Cech were meant to hang around for that first window(to guide Boehly), but once Lukuka weas loaned(who they wanted to keep) they bailed. He was always headed towards a committee moving forward, we just didn't have time. We are still going to bring a Sporting Director to oversea to whole project(Edwards is who they want).

It's just going to take time to put together.

Again, your memory must be a lot better than mine as I don't remember anything of the sort.

Also curious about where your memory of Potter's job being on the line in these next few games came from? I can't see anything about it.

Wasn't it as well a case of the board signing players that Tuchel didn't want or ask for?

But Boehly just looks like another Abarmovich in the making.

I mean Chelsea are 10th another loss could put them in the bottom half way through the season doubt any owner with a club size like chelsea would be happy but I wouldn't be surprised if Boehly panicked and sacked Potter if say lose again to city in the FA cup and for arguement sake losses to Fulham and CPFC.
Tuchel wasn't really interested so thats why I say we should have pulled the trigger earlier.

I don't think it'll matter where we finish this season TBH. Another summer and a proper preseason then the real pressure on Potter will start.

Also, how bloody bad is Auba? Glad we turfed him when we did.

The #9 curse continues.
He was on a good scoring run at Barca too wasn't he? Was he pushed out of Barca or did they sell as a lever because they still need cash badly?

Weird he would leave Barca for Chelsea unless he really loves London, but now he has the same issue at Chelsea that he had at Arsenal. Playing under a manager with a game style that doesn't suit him at all.

Again, your memory must be a lot better than mine as I don't remember anything of the sort.

Also curious about where your memory of Potter's job being on the line in these next few games came from? I can't see anything about it.

3rd point in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back