Premier Lg EPL Matchday 19 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Tuchel wasn't really interested so thats why I say we should have pulled the trigger earlier.

I don't think it'll matter where we finish this season TBH. Another summer and a proper preseason then the real pressure on Potter will start.
Definitely was the best decision for both parties.

Surprised TT hasn't received many job offers yet or at very least rumours about potential jobs.

He has fallen off the radar.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Granovskaia and Cech were meant to hang around for that first window(to guide Boehly), but once Lukuka weas loaned(who they wanted to keep) they bailed. He was always headed towards a committee moving forward, we just didn't have time. We are still going to bring a Sporting Director to oversea to whole project(Edwards is who they want).

It's just going to take time to put together.

Could have saved himself a lot of money if he'd shown a bit more patience with his wallet to begin with.

Lot of money to spend with no idea if those players will fit into your plans.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Ooooft

324025314_709905333957124_8207152965640638993_n.jpg
Clearly the 2nd best club in Fulham

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
So a newspaper saying "Boehly should reassure Tuchel" is the same as him actually doing it?
I did see a video on facebook about it months ago when he first came in.

I tried looking on youtube but all I can find is videos of Boehly in press conferences explaining why he sacked him lol.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Could have saved himself a lot of money if he'd shown a bit more patience with his wallet to begin with.

Lot of money to spend with no idea if those players will fit into your plans.
Hey I agree with that. It was a choas window and so much money was wasted.

I did see a video on facebook about it months ago when he first came in.

I tried looking on youtube but all I can find is videos of Boehly in press conferences explaining why he sacked him lol.

So maybe it didn't happen?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
He was on a good scoring run at Barca too wasn't he? Was he pushed out of Barca or did they sell as a lever because they still need cash badly?

Weird he would leave Barca for Chelsea unless he really loves London, but now he has the same issue at Chelsea that he had at Arsenal. Playing under a manager with a game style that doesn't suit him at all.

It seemed very much a Tuchel signing, not Chelsea's. I think that reunion only lasted a week or so and now Auba finds himself in a similar situation. At a club that is going through a rebuild with a new manager, and at his age he may not necessarily be "on the bus" for. He did well at Barca however clearly wanted to return to London, I wonder how long this lasts for.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
It seemed very much a Tuchel signing, not Chelsea's. I think that reunion only lasted a week or so and now Auba finds himself in a similar situation. At a club that is going through a rebuild with a new manager, and at his age he may not necessarily be "on the bus" for. He did well at Barca however clearly wanted to return to London, I wonder how long this lasts for.

Auba is bad news for squad harmony. Expect him to depart either this window or in the summer to an MLS / Middle East side where he can be the star of the show.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Auba is bad news for squad harmony. Expect him to depart either this window or in the summer to an MLS / Middle East side where he can be the star of the show.
He was good in Barca in the Locker room wasn’t he?

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
So good that they decided to get rid of him after 6 months.
I didn't hear much about him being a locker room issue as was the case for him at Dortmund and Arsenal. I think its purely the fact they got him on a free, paid 6 months wages, he scored some important goals for him, and according to Transfermarkt they got €12.00m for him from Chelsea.

What I also find astounding if true, is according to a few sites Auba was on an 18 month contract, allegedly was a really low rate per week for the first 6 months due to Barcas financial restrictions (claims of 5k Euros per week for 6 months then jumping to 350k Euros per week for the last 12 months of his deal).

So if that is true, they got him on a free, paid * all for him for 6 months, then shipped him to Chelsea and would have made a good profit on him.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I didn't hear much about him being a locker room issue as was the case for him at Dortmund and Arsenal. I think its purely the fact they got him on a free, paid 6 months wages, he scored some important goals for him, and according to Transfermarkt they got €12.00m for him from Chelsea.

What I also find astounding if true, is according to a few sites Auba was on an 18 month contract, allegedly was a really low rate per week for the first 6 months due to Barcas financial restrictions (claims of 5k Euros per week for 6 months then jumping to 350k Euros per week for the last 12 months of his deal).

So if that is true, they got him on a free, paid * all for him for 6 months, then shipped him to Chelsea and would have made a good profit on him.

Think there's a fair bit of bullshit in that story or Auba was paid out by Barca upon his departure. Spanish law wouldn't allow Auba to be paid 5k per week, must be paid at least 50% of his previous contract. So either Auba got a payout upon departure by Barca or the wage claim is simply bs.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Think there's a fair bit of bullshit in that story or Auba was paid out by Barca upon his departure. Spanish law wouldn't allow Auba to be paid 5k per week, must be paid at least 50% of his previous contract. So either Auba got a payout upon departure by Barca or the wage claim is simply bs.
Previous deal at Arsenal was what, like 350k per week?

I saw a few sites suggesting he is on 170k a week at Chelsea, after being on about 80k a week at Barca.

Last edited:

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
Hate Chelsea but nice bit of business signing joao Felix on loan for rest of season

Back