LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 8.25 AM ON 9/1: New York Giants at Philadelphia
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.20 PM ON 9/1: Detroit at Green Bay

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 9/1: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Depends on how much Rodgers hand was still an issue. When he looked good he looked really good.
Ive thought all year Rodgers will either retire or play 1 more year. and part of that will have to do with what decision Brady makes. if Brady plays on Rodgers will retire.

Both could have their final passes as packers be bad INT's
But 05/06 Favre wasnt that good. 07 he mostly looked good. 08 he was poor again but didnt want to be playing for the Jets.

Rodgers decision will have a knock on effect for Love. If he comes back for 1 more year Love will stay, If he comes back and plans to stay longer Love might ask for a trade. I dont know what Love will be like, but when he played in the Eagles game he looked good. Im not going to say it was his version of Rodgers vs Dallas in 07. but I dont think we would be a bad team if he took over.

I dont think Rodgers is good enough anymore for you to put up with his preseason antics, that much is clear, if he wants to play MLF should demand hes all in from training camp. If he cant handle that and he wants to come back roll with Love from week 1 and see what the kid has. He looks like hes work hard and improved greatly and doesnt deserve to be ****ed around by a guy he might actually be better than now for the feels.

Cards big winners also moving into #3. Nice spot to be in, should be able to get the best defensive player in the draft (Anderson or Carter) or trade back

Huge for Indy to move ahead of Seattle. Although Seattle have enough ammo to move up to #1 if they so desire.

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 5.59.55 pm.png

For a team that has these guys onside for so long and a player of Rodgers caliber how they have only 1 SB win is astounding and the greatest under achievement of all time in pro sports. No surprise we now have the greatest under achieving coach with us to add to that but at least we are deserving to be s**t cause we are!

How the Packers seemingly fumbled away the greatness and talent of A Rod over his career to only get the single SB win is mind boggling.

They've had like 30 years of back to back hall of famer quarterbacking, and have only really played in like three superbowls. Two generations of largely missed opportunities.

They're due some hard times- the likelihood of finding a third consecutive elite quarterback is pretty low you'd think.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
I dont think Rodgers is good enough anymore for you to put up with his preseason antics, that much is clear, if he wants to play MLF should demand hes all in from training camp. If he cant handle that and he wants to come back roll with Love from week 1 and see what the kid has. He looks like hes work hard and improved greatly and doesnt deserve to be ****ed around by a guy he might actually be better than now for the feels.
What preseason antics? other than 2021 when he didnt show up till August he has always been there. He was there this season just let Love take half the reps and didnt play in the preseason games like almost all the vets.

The scrimmage vs the saints Rodgers took the 1's.

I get its trendy to hate Rodgers because everyone wants to give him s**t. Sure some of it is because of things he has said. and some of it is because they are Brady stans/try to make it all about rings in a team game. or he always beat them. or because the Packers have been good for so long and only had a few bad seasons since 92

If he retires more than just Packers fans are going to miss watching him. They will fight hard to admit it or take years to admit he was one of the all time players.

What preseason antics? other than 2021 when he didnt show up till August he has always been there. He was there this season just let Love take half the reps and didnt play in the preseason games like almost all the vets.

The scrimmage vs the saints Rodgers took the 1's.

I get its trendy to hate Rodgers because everyone wants to give him s**t. Sure some of it is because of things he has said. and some of it is because they are Brady stans/try to make it all about rings in a team game. or he always beat them. or because the Packers have been good for so long and only had a few bad seasons since 92

If he retires more than just Packers fans are going to miss watching him. They will fight hard to admit it or take years to admit he was one of the all time players.

My bad I meant all in from OTA's not training camp.

The new receivers had only two practices with Rodgers before training camp. Both were in the June mandatory minicamp; Rodgers skipped everything else in the offseason. He discounted the idea that they might be further along had Rodgers been a participant in OTAs.

And I dont hate Rodgers, I just dont think he deserves the red carpet treatment anymore, his play isn't good enough to warrant it.

He wasn't the reason you made a playoff push at the end of the season. I think youre in exactly the same position with Love, maybe in a better spot and in the playoffs.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
And I dont hate Rodgers, I just dont think he deserves the red carpet treatment anymore, his play isn't good enough to warrant it.

He wasn't the reason you made a playoff push at the end of the season. I think youre in exactly the same position with Love, maybe in a better spot and in the playoffs.
Yeah he had what would be one of his 3 worst seasons, but he still made some throws that were like him in his prime.

i dont know how much of that is to do with the broken thumb. because most of the year the ball wasnt coming out of his hand right.

He has lost some distance with his deep shots. Timing with the young WR's is on him for not doing much practice with them before the injury. and most of the season he would be missing throws because he didnt trust them when they were open rather than hitting them on the numbers he was throwing at their feet.

There are alot of reasons why the team played poor this year, some on Aaron, some on the coaching, some on the other players for dropping balls that hit them in the hands.

There might only be a few who are blameless this season. and none of them are big name players. Every starter had bad mistakes this season. Which is why im not sad about missing the playoffs. We never looked like a deserving playoff team.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They've had like 30 years of back to back hall of famer quarterbacking, and have only really played in like three superbowls. Two generations of largely missed opportunities.

They're due some hard times- the likelihood of finding a third consecutive elite quarterback is pretty low you'd think.

I can't be bothered getting into the weeds here but Brady really has ruined everyones perception of what a great career is. 1 Super Bowl is amazing really. Manning was lucky that he was carried to his second one but that's all a lot of the greats ever get.

Separately, as LaFleur said it'll always be the QB who gets the blame, he was pressured a season high 14 times today, Hutchinson really caused some havoc especially early. I felt like Rodgers had a better season than his stats said, it's a double edged sword, last year he threw 4 picks which meant that he didn't take enough risks, this year he threw over 10 which means he's washed. A perfect storm of new OC probably being in over his head, offensive line struggles, a thumb injury and having to babysit two new receivers means your offense won't be that great, but in the end it somehow averaged like 28pts after week 10 or something like that.

Detroit are going to be a big problem though in this division for a long time, Jameson Williams is really going to be impressive next year after a camp under his belt.

Yeah he had what would be one of his 3 worst seasons, but he still made some throws that were like him in his prime.

i dont know how much of that is to do with the broken thumb. because most of the year the ball wasnt coming out of his hand right.

He has lost some distance with his deep shots. Timing with the young WR's is on him for not doing much practice with them before the injury. and most of the season he would be missing throws because he didnt trust them when they were open rather than hitting them on the numbers he was throwing at their feet.

There are alot of reasons why the team played poor this year, some on Aaron, some on the coaching, some on the other players for dropping balls that hit them in the hands.

There might only be a few who are blameless this season. and none of them are big name players. Every starter had bad mistakes this season. Which is why im not sad about missing the playoffs. We never looked like a deserving playoff team.
The problem isn't Rodgers, it's his Contract. If he stays, the 2023 $58 million option bonus kicks in and that doesn't set the Packers up very well for future years.

The question that should be asked is can the Packers win the Superbowl in 2023 with Rodgers on the team - if the answer is yes then he should be on the team, if the answer is possibly then it's time to retire. Rodgers' cap hit for 2023 is quite manageable, but he will be 40....

As a Vikings fan I hope he stays on because then we will have two Division rivals with decent QBs throwing to players we could have drafted ourselves (Jameson Williams (Lions) and Christian Watson)

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The problem isn't Rodgers, it's his Contract. If he stays, the 2023 $58 million option bonus kicks in and that doesn't set the Packers up very well for future years.

The question that should be asked is can the Packers win the Superbowl in 2023 with Rodgers on the team - if the answer is yes then he should be on the team, if the answer is possibly then it's time to retire. Rodgers' cap hit for 2023 is quite manageable, but he will be 40....

As a Vikings fan I hope he stays on because then we will have two Division rivals with decent QBs throwing to players we could have drafted ourselves (Jameson Williams (Lions) and Christian Watson)
His contract is $40M dead if he retires or is traded. it drops to $25m in 2024 which is when i always expected him to retire.
He cant be cut because then its like $90M dead.

Rodgers isnt coming back for the money. if he comes back he thinks the team can make a playoff run. But we have about 10-12 vets out of contract who wont be back, and some players who might be cut. Bak will be one to watch, its a easier dead cap to take in 2024 but with how we structured the contract for Jenkins and his incentives i wouldnt be shocked to see him traded.

Cobb and Crosby are going to retire, i think Lewis will join them.

I can't be bothered getting into the weeds here but Brady really has ruined everyones perception of what a great career is. 1 Super Bowl is amazing really. Manning was lucky that he was carried to his second one but that's all a lot of the greats ever get.

No, that's revisionist. Brady was far from the first hall of famer to build a dynasty.

Even if he does stand out as an outlier on superbowl appearances, the modern trend remains for hall of fame quarterbacks to win their conference more than once in their career.

Some notable examples:

Elway- 5 Superbowl appearances
Montana- 4 Superbowl appearances
Manning- 4 Superbowl appearances
Bradshaw- 4 Superbowl appearances
Staubach- 4 Superbowl appearances
Kelly- 4 Superbowl appearances
Aikman- 3 Superbowl appearances
Tarkenton- 3 Superbowl appearances
Warner - 3 Superbowl appearances
Roethlisberger with 3.

Heck, even amongst the still actives Wilson went to 2, Mahomes has been to 2.

To only win the conference once in a hall of fame career which featured multiple MVP seasons is unprecedented.

Summary: they underperformed.

No, that's revisionist. Brady was far from the first hall of famer to build a dynasty.

Even if he does stand out as an outlier on superbowl appearances, the modern trend remains for hall of fame quarterbacks to win their conference more than once in their career.

Some notable examples:

Roethlisberger with 3.

To only win the conference once in a hall of fame career which featured multiple MVP seasons is unprecedented.

Episode 14 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I remember some people on here thought Manning wasn't an all time QB while he only had the one ring.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Some notable examples:

Roethlisberger with 3.

Ah so you've completely moved the goal posts there. Fair enough. Happy to talk about MVPs if you like.

The thing you're again misunderstanding to me is that football is the ultimate team game and much more goes into it than just purely QB play, which is why a lot of pundits like to say 'QB wins are not a stat'.
It would've been nice for even just one of the 11,14 or 20 Championship games go a different way but they didn't, and if you want to call that underperforming that's fine, personally I take into consideration coaching and defensive performance when looking at these things.

Ah so you've completely moved the goal posts there. Fair enough. Happy to talk about MVPs if you like.

The thing you're again misunderstanding to me is that football is the ultimate team game and much more goes into it than just purely QB play, which is why a lot of pundits like to say 'QB wins are not a stat'.
It would've been nice for even just one of the 11,14 or 20 Championship games go a different way but they didn't, and if you want to call that underperforming that's fine, personally I take into consideration coaching and defensive performance when looking at these things.

I didn't move the goal posts at all:

I made a commentary about the Packers having poor results a superbowl appearances against years from a hall of fame quarterback, and after you challenged that I conclusively proved that they have. In a way that you're not even attempting to contradict.

It's not clear why you think claiming that the quarterback does not solely take responsibility for losses is even remotely a relevant rebuttal to a commentary directed at the franchise's failing.

He has not moved the goal posts and is speaking total sense.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I didn't move the goal posts at all:

I made a commentary about the Packers having poor results a superbowl appearances against years from a hall of fame quarterback, and after you challenged that I conclusively proved that they have. In a way that you're not even attempting to contradict.

It's not clear why you think claiming that the quarterback does not solely take responsibility for losses is even remotely a relevant rebuttal to a commentary directed at the franchise's failing.

True, I guess you were talking more franchise level and for whatever reason I was talking individual QBs.
It's hard, a lot of people who complain about the exact thing you said are called spoiled fans, and I tend to agree with that. Green Bay has barely made any aggressive moves in any form in a long time. It took far too long for things like Amari Rodgers to be taken off kick/punt returns.
It's not like there is an owner to be disappointed and make emotional changes but there's just so much that goes into all the failures. Some of it is luck too, I will always maintain my opinion that luck is such a heavy factor in this sport.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back