NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Manning had a long career at the Colts, 10+ years, abd only saw one SB

Brees likewise at the Saints.

In terms of a single franchise getting the most out of HoF QB

You could kind of add... Rivers 10+ years and never went , Ryan 10+ years saw only one, Eagles and McNabb 10+ years only saw one, Titans and McNair only one....etc....as in, it's still very hard, and not normal, for a single franchise with a 10+ year elite QB to see one or two super bowls together.

You could kind of add... Rivers 10+ years and never went , Ryan 10+ years saw only one, Eagles and McNabb 10+ years only saw one, Titans and McNair only one....etc....as in, it's still very hard, and not normal, for a single franchise with a 10+ year elite QB to see one or two super bowls together.

Very true.

Manning played in two superbowls for the Colts, two for the Broncos.

None of Rivers, McNair or McNabb will see the hall of fame, and yet the McNabb era is generally considered one of squandered opportunities.

I think the same criticism could be made of the Brees era Saints, but isn't because it was their first.

Posted this in the Niners thread, but I'll repost here....

Tbh, imo, Purdy's been made to look better than he is like Mullens at the Niners. When Purdy has to stand in the pocket from a simple drop back, no elaborate play-action and bootlegs and stylized scheme, he looks a little lost out there, holds onto the ball too long, hesitates, slow to progress multiple reads, etc. Still learning the ropes, Shanahan training wheels still on him, like how McVay handled Goff as a 2nd year starter.

Not to diminish Purdy, but he's not yet there where he can stand on his own and sling it about like Herbert or Allen, nor that mastery like a Mahomes.

He's still not even where Lawrence is right now in all those regards.

But for a Mr Irrelevant he's done exceptionally well, compared to say Ehlinger, Book, Zappe, etc, so there's room to grow where he could stand on his own in the pocket, regardless of schene, and deliver the ball all over with command.

It's quite literally not, he begins with an obvious factual error.
Apart from that, the gist of what in saying is true. Dynasties with a 10+ year HoF or elite QB are still uncommon, outliers. Marino 1, Favre 2. Manning and Manning 2. Rivers 0, Ryan 1, Rodgers 1, Stafford 0, etc. As in, the tenure of one team and one franchise QB together. It's still uncommon. Two get two out of them was like a next rung up. To get 3-4 was another rung up. Each rung fewer and fewer QBs. Then you have Brady/Patriots (9 appearances or whatever), is once in a lifetime, maybe 100 years before we see something similar.

Apart from that, the gist of what in saying is true. Dynasties with a 10+ year HoF or elite QB are still uncommon, outliers. Marino 1, Favre 2. Manning and Manning 2. Rivers 0, Ryan 1, Rodgers 1, Stafford 0, etc. As in, the tenure of one team and one franchise QB together. It's still uncommon. Two get two out of them was like a next rung up. To get 3-4 was another rung up. Each rung fewer and fewer QBs. Then you have Brady/Patriots (9 appearances or whatever), is once in a lifetime, maybe 100 years before we see something similar.

Hall of fame quarterbacks are uncommon. Most of the ones you listed aren't hall of fame players.

Rivers, Ryan (more arguable due to MVP, but still I suspect not), and Stafford are not likely to be hall of famers. Peyton went to four superbowls, I've already corrected you on that, come on.

The Dolphins deserve criticism for not winning with Marino, they let him down.

I mean, just think about this for a second: no other franchise has ever had seven MVP seasons from a quarterback, the Packers had them within a 25 year window.

Hall of fame quarterbacks are uncommon. That's kind of the point though.

It's extremely rare to get one quarterback like this (my franchise has never had one). To get two consecutively? Crazy. And yet, they haven't really cashed in. Not like they might have.

Peyton went to four superbowls, I've already corrected you on that, come on.
I mean a single franchise and their franchise QB together. Manning 2 with his 10 yr Colts career, the one that drafted him. Wilson Seahawks managed 2 (another one to add).

I know you're zeroing in HoF QBs specifically, and you aren't wrong. But I'm kind of broadening it a little to include not just HoF but top tier / elite QBs of an era, and their tenures with that one franchise that most defines their career.

Lucky to see one SB, rarer to see two, lofty heights to see three or four, and only one guy has seen like 8 (two if you include Otto Graham, three if you include Bart Starr pre and post SB era with his six or seven title appearances.

Yes, the Packers wasted their opportunities with Rodgers, only one SB appearance. Should've at least seen one more SB. Them getting two out of 16 years with Favre was not a waste but more common. Like Colts only getting two from Manning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean a single franchise and their franchise QB together. Manning 2 with his 10 yr Colts career, the one that drafted him. Wilson Seahawks managed 2 (another one to add).

I know you're zeroing in HoF QBs specifically, and you aren't wrong. But I'm kind of broadening it a little to include not just HoF but top tier / elite QBs of an era, and their tenures with that one franchise that most defines their career.

Lucky to see one SB, rarer to see two, lofty heights to see three or four, and only one guy has seen like 8 (two if you include Otto Graham, three if you include Bart Starr pre and post SB era with his six or seven title appearances.

Yes, the Packers wasted their opportunities with Rodgers, only one SB appearance. Should've at least seen one more SB. Them getting two out of 16 years with Favre was not a waste but more common. Like Colts only getting two from Manning.

Wilson was in my list a while back.

You sure do like to take the long road to agreeing. :sweatsmile:

My point isnt that Favre in isolation was necessarily below par, he's probably around par (if not still disappointing). It's more if he's par and Rodgers era under achieved, the cumulative must also be underachievement.

It's not a great return from a historical anomaly in terms of consecutive hall of famers.

Is there any word on Garropalo's fitness, or did everyone stop caring a few weeks ago?

Never forgotten...at best he will be a break glass option no earlier than conference Championship round if the 49ers get that far.

Unless Purdy goes full pumpkin and the 49ers somehow keep winning Garoppolo has seen his last 49er start.

Wilson was in my list a while back.

You sure do like to take the long road to agreeing. :sweatsmile:

My point isnt that Favre in isolation was necessarily below par, he's probably around par (if not still disappointing). It's more if he's par and Rodgers era under achieved, the cumulative must also be underachievement.

My issue with your statements are:

You're saying stuff that is obvious... its not edgy, or groundbreaking, its just fn obvious. Its clearly a troll, you and Chism only agree when you're trolling. Its the same s**t from you any time the Packers season ends. Kind of like a once-a-year American Crow. Or like Groundhog Day, but not funny.

My only consolation to this ribbing is, I know you'd be the same troll even if your team didn't fluke a Superbowl win whenever the * it was.

It's not a great return from a historical anomaly in terms of consecutive hall of famers.

That being said, in said 30-0dd years, not counting those Packer dogs, 16 other QBs have won a SB.

Of those, 5 would have HOF enshrinement without SB wins (as would Favre and Rodgers)
Elway
Brady
Roethlisberger
P.Manning
Brees

4 of those, IMO, would have questionable HOF resume's
Aikman
Young
Warner
E.Manning

the rest (bar Mahomes, as his career is clearly too young to judge), are nowhere near HOF worthy
Dilfer
Johnson
Flacco
Wilson
Foles
Stafford

The numbers clearly suggest more 'lucky' QBs win Super Bowls than great ones...

I could go into just making it also, but I reckon that may prove the point even more, Stan Humphries and Rex Grossman

Never forgotten...at best he will be a break glass option no earlier than conference Championship round if the 49ers get that far.

Unless Purdy goes full pumpkin and the 49ers somehow keep winning Garoppolo has seen his last 49er start.

Stop this BS, Niners should be favourites for the NFC. Embrace it, don't give me this 'if the niners get that far'.

My issue with your statements are:

You're saying stuff that is obvious... its not edgy, or groundbreaking, its just fn obvious. Its clearly a troll, you and Chism only agree when you're trolling. Its the same s**t from you any time the Packers season ends. Kind of like a once-a-year American Crow. Or like Groundhog Day, but not funny.

My only consolation to this ribbing is, I know you'd be the same troll even if your team didn't fluke a Superbowl win whenever the * it was.

That being said, in said 30-0dd years, not counting those Packer dogs, 16 other QBs have won a SB.

Of those, 5 would have HOF enshrinement without SB wins (as would Favre and Rodgers)
Elway
Brady
Roethlisberger
P.Manning
Brees

4 of those, IMO, would have questionable HOF resume's
Aikman
Young
Warner
E.Manning

the rest (bar Mahomes, as his career is clearly too young to judge), are nowhere near HOF worthy
Dilfer
Johnson
Flacco
Wilson
Foles
Stafford

The numbers clearly suggest more 'lucky' QBs win Super Bowls than great ones...

I could go into just making it also, but I reckon that may prove the point even more, Stan Humphries and Rex Grossman

If I wanted to troll you'd certainly be one of the top targets. All you bring to the table these days days is this dull hissy throwing about the mean opposition fans and how dare they. Glass jaw central. Anyone would think you're having a hard time adjusting.

I mean, your concern is that people call the Packers failures every time they fail? Well, yes. That'll happen.

I hadn't gone to winning superbowls, I'd started with the easier hurdle of winning the conference, but your data proves the precise opposite argument to the one you're advancing, were you really not capable of working that out? How do those numbers make out an argument that good quarterbacks don't win the Superbowl? You've got six out of thirty years on nowhere near HOF worthy. Twenty percent of the time is the majority?

For what it's worth: Aikmann and Warner are both already in the hall of fame.

I'm not sure how you think that arguing that teams can make a superbowl with a bad quarterback will make a failure to do it with a hall of famer better, but please by all means try.

Stop this BS, Niners should be favourites for the NFC. Embrace it, don't give me this 'if the niners get that far'.

I'm going full Jimmy G entering the SB to run out the clock with 3 kneel downs.

Replaces my Jason Verrett making the game winning interception fantasy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back