Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
They all forget that they got the injury gods free lunch after the bye - playing against a Carlton side sans talls with Silvagni as a ruckman - of course "injuries don't matter" when they happen to Carlton....

so looking forward to laughing at the 'experts' on here...
What has Carlton done to address the deficiencies in their ruck stocks if Pitto goes down again at some stage in 2023?

What has Carlton done to address the deficiencies in their ruck stocks if Pitto goes down again at some stage in 2023?
That is a very fair question underlining what I think is one of the lack of depth issues that needs to be addressed end '23. Once he went down last year the whole midfield game plan had to change to manage the fact that TDK wasn't ever meant to be the #1 ruck he is nowhere near as competent a tap ruckman as Pittonet ( who has other issues anyway) I suspect that a genuine gun ruck may be on the shopping list end '23. The other issue is finding some HFF who can actually kick a goal.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
There's a 212 cm bloke been playing in the Vfl who's coming good, he will test Grundy no stop Rob, Grundy's gone and who's left lol.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
There's a 212 cm bloke been playing in the Vfl who's coming good, he will test Grundy no stop Rob, Grundy's gone and who's left lol.
Yeah, Pies didn't have Grundy for most of 2022 either, lucky we had three other options to call on.

Depth and versatility. That's why Collingwood contend more often than they don't.

carlton_99

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal & NY Knicks
Yeah, Pies didn't have Grundy for most of 2022 either, lucky we had three other options to call on.

Depth and versatility. That's why Collingwood contend more often than they don't.
You have about 12 players with some level of AFL experience that weren't in your predicted 22 by SEN:
--> Mason Cox, Will Hoskin-Elliot, Nathan Kreuger, Billy Frampton, Trent Bianco, Tom Wilson, Will Kelly, Trey Ruscoe, Reef McInnes, Aiden Begg, Josh Carmichael, Mark Keane

Carlton, conversely had 15:
--> Paddy Dow, Lochie O'Brien, Lachlan Fogarty, Jack Carroll, Brodie Kemp, Lachie Plowman, Marc Pittonet, David Cunningham, Sam Philp, Ed Curnow, Josh Honey, Jordan Boyd, Matt Owies, Matt Cottrell, Sam Durdin

Why is your depth considered so special but ours is apparently non-existent...?

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You have about 12 players with some level of AFL experience that weren't in your predicted 22 by SEN:
--> Mason Cox, Will Hoskin-Elliot, Nathan Kreuger, Billy Frampton, Trent Bianco, Tom Wilson, Will Kelly, Trey Ruscoe, Reef McInnes, Aiden Begg, Josh Carmichael, Mark Keane

Carlton, conversely had 15:
--> Paddy Dow, Lochie O'Brien, Lachlan Fogarty, Jack Carroll, Brodie Kemp, Lachie Plowman, Marc Pittonet, David Cunningham, Sam Philp, Ed Curnow, Josh Honey, Jordan Boyd, Matt Owies, Matt Cottrell, Sam Durdin

Why is your depth considered so special but ours is apparently non-existent...?
Note the second word used - 'versatility'. They go hand in hand.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Speaking for myself, I am not worried or fixated about whether we finish higher than Collingwood or not, just want us to be a bit more consistent, blood more kids and hopefully luck with injuries make the 8.

I think an more fit and healthy Cerra next season will more than make up for the absence of Walsh for the first part of next season..

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Speaking for myself, I am not worried or fixated about whether we finish higher than Collingwood or not, just want us to be a bit more consistent, blood more kids and hopefully luck with injuries make the 8.

I think an more fit and healthy Cerra next season will more than make up for the absence of Walsh for the first part of next season..
Stop being sensible it doesn't suit you. :tearsofjoy:

carlton_99

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal & NY Knicks

You are not alone. Just a bit of banter. In my ladder predictions I even have the Pies one spot above us. Hope I am wrong of course but we have to prove to everyone that we are the better team - until then I can't in good conscience predict us to finish higher. This is despite me thinking we have the better team on paper, just think to truly rise up the ladder we need to get a lot more consistent with our pressure/effort across 4 quarters. Pies and Swans won a lot of games off that alone - very important, especially in finals footy.

And agree with your last point. Cerra's Round 23 performance was exceptional. Seemed to play his best footy in 22' when getting more time on the ball which should happen for the first part of the season. Really excited about what he can bring and hopefully Walsh is back before too long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Agree Elmer.

The Carlton Football Club will not be content until we win the premiership.

We have not and will not be satisfied with simply finishing above a fellow participant.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree Elmer.

We have not and will not be satisfied with simply finishing above a fellow participant.
My 30 year old neighbor used to believe this also

these days he just wants to see carlton just make finals

Good Luck and hope for his sake it happens

1 day

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
My 30 year old neighbor used to believe this also

these days he just wants to see carlton just make finals

Good Luck and hope for his sake it happens

1 day

It will turn eventually like it has and will for all sides. That is the way the league has been set up.

One thing we know for sure is that Carlton will find this success ethically. No racism/degradation of women etc.

Dec 26, 2022
Cork
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton Cork GAA Montreal Canadiens
The Blues are going to need a lot of luck, they should make the 8, but contending for a flag is way off...the top 4 teams are still way ahead of them
At our best i feel that we can compete with and beat anyone imo. If we click anything can happen. We showed last year that we could compete with both Melbourne and Collingwood, even though we were missing half the team to injuries.

It all depends on if we have better luck with injuries, and if the players have learned how to close a game out when in a winning position. The only team in the top four last year that beat us convincingly was Geelong.

We beat the Sydney Swans, and we should have beaten both Melbourne and Collingwood at the end there, but of course we didn't.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Strewth mate.. what's the latest news flash mate.. what's the latest news flash mate..

Well I'll be.. someone just win the 2km time trial mate.. eh.. clue mate.. he ain't no Danny Zuco mate.. failing at basketball baseball and wrestling so let's just give long distance cross country running a crack mate.

He's now not only our little Prince and Maradona mate.. our Russell Crowe and Jimmy Hendrix mate.. he is now also our tortoise and hare Ultramarathona Spartlathona and Son of Pheidippides Cliffy Young and Yiannis Kouros champion too now mate. He is Naicos mate. The epithets of all the greats mate.. that's it mate.

Supernatural celestial skills not much chop when you've got a huge tank too mate. 😛

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Strewth mate.. what's this news I'm reading about mate.. what's this news I'm reading about mate..

Did someone just win the 2km time trial at training mate.. eh.. clue mate.. he ain't no Danny Zuco mate.. failing at basketball baseball and wrestling so let's just give long distance cross country running a crack mate.

He's now not only our little Prince and Maradona mate.. our Russell Crowe and Jimmy Hendrix mate.. he is now also our tortoise and hare Ultramarathona Spartlathona and Son of Pheidippides Cliffy Young and Yiannis Kouros champion too now mate. He is Naicos mate. The epithets of all the greats mate.

Supernatural skill not much chop when you've got a huge tank mate. 😛
He needs to work out what an opponent is before he takes the next step mate.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Agree Elmer.

I've been told for years that winning a final in week one of September was the be all and end all though

so you're telling me premierships is actually what we all care about ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back