The USA Sports Thread

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah see I've got him nowhere near an all star through his career. Basically expecting Patty Mills career.

I love and revere Patty Mills, bur Giddey's ceiling is way higher, his passing and play making (especially from inbouding) is already one of the best in the NBA.

If they stay together (hopefully) him and SGA will be part of the best backcourt in the NBA for the next decade plus.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Yeah see I've got him nowhere near an all star through his career. Basically expecting Patty Mills career.
What? No way.

Patty Mills best season reads 11.4ppg, 1.9rpg, 2.3apg. Mills is a great shooter and a good back up PG and one of the best Aussie exports ever in the NBA but there are levels and Giddey far surpasses the best of Patty Mills.

Giddey in his rookie season had better numbers than Mills career best. Giddey in his rookie season averaged 12.5ppg, 7.8rpg and 6.4apg. In his sophomore season he has kept those numbers whilst raising his scoring up to 16ppg whilst also improving his 3pt shooting to .333 which still has room to improve which I'm sure it will.

Giddey is absolutely tracking to be a future All Star. Ben Simmons is the only Aussie ever to become an All Star, having said that it's not much of a metric, I dont put a lot of stock in All Star selections if I'm honest. Giddey is really only chasing Bogut and Simmons for GOAT aussie. Bogut has the championship, one All NBA 3rd Team selection and one All Defensive second team selection. Simmons is a 3x All Star, ROTY winner, 1x All NBA 3rd team, 2x All Defensive 1st Team.

Giddey is of a similar level with a ton of growth to come. He's far better than Mills.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
What? No way.

Patty Mills best season reads 11.4ppg, 1.9rpg, 2.3apg. Mills is a great shooter and a good back up PG and one of the best Aussie exports ever in the NBA but there are levels and Giddey far surpasses the best of Patty Mills.

Giddey in his rookie season had better numbers than Mills career best. Giddey in his rookie season averaged 12.5ppg, 7.8rpg and 6.4apg. In his sophomore season he has kept those numbers whilst raising his scoring up to 16ppg whilst also improving his 3pt shooting to .333 which still has room to improve which I'm sure it will.

Giddey is absolutely tracking to be a future All Star. Ben Simmons is the only Aussie ever to become an All Star, having said that it's not much of a metric, I dont put a lot of stock in All Star selections if I'm honest. Giddey is really only chasing Bogut and Simmons for GOAT aussie. Bogut has the championship, one All NBA 3rd Team selection and one All Defensive second team selection. Simmons is a 3x All Star, ROTY winner, 1x All NBA 3rd team, 2x All Defensive 1st Team.

Giddey is of a similar level with a ton of growth to come. He's far better than Mills.
Giddey looks good in a pretty average OKC side (that's probably over achieving). He can be a good role player but I don't think he's ever a starting all star/starting PG in a championship side. Not unless he's the 4th/5th best player on the team.

I more meant in terms of influence rather than straight numbers with Mills. He's ahead of him but I don't think it'll be by all that much through his career.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Giddey looks good in a pretty average OKC side (that's probably over achieving). He can be a good role player but I don't think he's ever a starting all star/starting PG in a championship side. Not unless he's the 4th/5th best player on the team.

I more meant in terms of influence rather than straight numbers with Mills. He's ahead of him but I don't think it'll be by all that much through his career.
I gotta disagree. OKC are actually on the improve which is in large part thanks to SGA and Giddey's play. Once they get Holmgren back, they will be in the playoff mix next season.

He can be a No.2 guy on a Championship team IMO. He has plenty of growth still to come, he's only in his second season.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Did anyone else watch that game? Yeah the Celtics got lucky, but it's a bitch rich from Lakers and Lebron fans to accuse the refs and officiating of being biased/rigged, esp as the guy on the left says in this vid that the NBA makes a lot more money having the Lakers and Lebron in the playoffs.

Celtics needed that W after a very bad week.. definitely was a foul by Tatum on LBJ at the end of regulation though, I can't deny it. But some of the outrage and melts from it since has been amazing and highly satisfying (as a Celtics supporter) :)

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Nah, fair play to Lebron. This season has been one of the very few where he hasn't moaned like a little bitch to his teammates and front office all season. The Lakers are shite, especially when Davis isn't healthy, and he has kept them in with a chance of making the playoffs despite having an awful roster. Think he is averaging 30-8-7. Extraordinary at his age.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Nah, fair play to Lebron. This season has been one of the very few where he hasn't moaned like a little bitch to his teammates and front office all season. The Lakers are shite, especially when Davis isn't healthy, and he has kept them in with a chance of making the playoffs despite having an awful roster. Think he is averaging 30-8-7. Extraordinary at his age.
I mean the awful roster is his fault though. LeGM. So I dont feel sorry for him at all.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The commentary was pretty weird tbh. By all means mock LeBron for his tantrum, as any adult should be mocked if they throw a tantrum, but don’t sit there and literally say it was a clean block when the replay clearly shows LeBron was fouled.

It’s like, “I am telling you that that’s a block. You might be seeing that it’s a foul but no, it’s really a good block. Tatum didn’t get LeBron on his shooting arm.” Literally trying to convince millions of viewers that what you just watched didn’t actually happen. 😂

Last edited:
Back