Have Geelong and Richmond destroyed the SA clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. Port were hanging onto remnants of their premiership team and while worthy grand finalists in that they were along with Collingwood, the best of the rest, they weren’t within a bulls roar of our best footy even allowing for their round 21 win against us.

They were already on the cusp of a decline. They’ve bounced back to some extent.

Richmond didn’t destroy the Crows either. The Crows destroyed the crows, along with what happened to their coach.

Spot on, and really, we made that grand final in spite of ourselves seeing a lot of the issues which lead to our implosion were already festering in 2017. i.e. we were undergoing a brain drain with our off-field staff, losing draft picks, having an admin group who had their eyes off the ball and hopelessly incompetent etc.

Richmond may have been the beginning of the end, but we were primed to go for a while.

Nope. Port were hanging onto remnants of their premiership team and while worthy grand finalists in that they were along with Collingwood, the best of the rest, they weren’t within a bulls roar of our best footy even allowing for their round 21 win against us.

They were already on the cusp of a decline. They’ve bounced back to some extent.

Richmond didn’t destroy the Crows either. The Crows destroyed the crows, along with what happened to their coach.
Nice to see somehow the Pies get a mention.

the long term truth will be Geelong & Richmond destroyed the Sydney Clubs

89 point smashing then pinch Taranto & Hopper

pinch superstar Garry Rohan then 81 point smashing

Lol if you're going to mention Rohan, Hopper and Taranto, then surely you mention the best of the lot from the Sydney clubs - Jeremy Cameron

Isn't it interesting that the five greatest captains of that era in the early 2000s all substantially stuffed their clubs up? "Crazy Vossy" recruiting, Hird going on a club wide doping program and throwing everyone under the bus to save himself, Buckley insisting on taking over from Malthouse in the middle of a potential dynasty, Carey as is known and Ricciuto as above.

Don't forget Ben Cousins

Geelong supporters really care about this too, but if you read their posts on this site you would know they don’t care at all about the 3-0 finals wins we had over them since. 🤣

For the love of god. Could you just give it a rest already for at least one thread. Seriously, stop trying to cause sh*tfights. No-one cares anymore.

You act like we're obsessed, but every chance you get, you bring up some element of our recent history, to discuss. It's just enough already.

Your own poster brought up the Richmond game from 15 years ago, not us. Just stop.

If you can't discuss things on the main board without trolling, then go to the Bay or your own board. I am so sick of this behaviour, as is everyone else on this site.

For the love of god. Could you just give it a rest already for at least one thread. Seriously, stop trying to cause sh*tfights. No-one cares anymore.

You act like we're obsessed, but every chance you get, you bring up some element of our recent history, to discuss. It's just enough already.

Your own poster brought up the Richmond game from 15 years ago, not us. Just stop.

If you can't discuss things on the main board without trolling, then go to the Bay or your own board. I am so sick of this behaviour, as is everyone else on this site.

I wondered who was to blame for Cats fans making campaigners of themselves all over the main board in recent months. Now it seems I am solely to blame. 🤣

Last edited:
Do you object when a Richmond supporter makes an on topic post addressing the thread question directly and get trolled by an array of Geelong supporters?

Who cares who is responsible in other threads - YOU - are now responsible in this thread.

I don't care about these petty sh*tfights anymore. It's f*cking exhausting and it is permeating every thread. I have spoken to numerous mods and posters from both sides - and of course the poor neutrals - and it's just enough already.

I am asking you, in this thread, to please stop it. So many other threads have been derailed because of this petty crap, and I'm done tolerating it. This goes for our posters too. I honestly could not give a sh*t anymore who has the moral high ground. There was no need to troll, and you know it. You're just continuing on bullsh*t from other threads. Seriously. Enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares who is responsible in other threads - YOU - are now responsible in this thread.

I don't care about these petty sh*tfights anymore. It's f*cking exhausting and it is permeating every thread. I have spoken to numerous mods and posters from both sides - and of course the poor neutrals - and it's just enough already.

I am asking you, in this thread, to please stop it. So many other threads have been derailed because of this petty crap, and I'm done tolerating it. This goes for our posters too. I honestly could not give a sh*t anymore who has the moral high ground. There was no need to troll, and you know it. You're just continuing on bullsh*t from other threads. Seriously. Enough.
Simple mate, ignore him. There's about 6 posters I simply refuse to engage with. He's now 7.

Simple mate, ignore him. There's about 6 posters I simply refuse to engage with. He's now 7.

The problem is, you ignore these people, and they just continue to do it. We definitely have some of our own who are just as bad. I honestly am just tired of this becoming what every thread devolves into. Richmond used to be my second team growing up, and my mate was good friends with Dusty throughout juniors and still keeps in contact...but these days, it's complete tribal behaviour on here - and me being a Geelong supporter means I can't support/engage with a lot of Richmond supporters, by virtue of who I support.

I honestly don't care anymore about the petty sniping or who is in the right - I just want to discuss footy and not go at the man over and over again. We all can do better, and this place is devolving as a result of us not doing so. It's just enough already.

Last edited:
It wasn't quite that much.
222 to 65 = 157 margin. Not even close to the 186 shellacking handed out to the dees at Kardinia Park

As for the OP question, yes, it's a VFL conspiracy. Crows had nothing to do with the huge fall after 2017 GF, it was purely the VFL conspiracy.

I don't comment on the low class rabble at Alberton

Odd thread. Be better if extrapolated to the comp as a whole. Something like:

"Do lopsided Finals and GF defeats lead to a loss of morale, and thus a decline in performance and ladder position?"

Singling out two clubs when it's happened to mutiple other clubs in recent memory, seems unfair, IMO.
Swans in for a dive off the back of the GF thrashing?

One of the best individual games I've seen that day too.

Assume we could only be talking about Stevie J. Never seen anything like it. Just did not let up with 34 disposals, 7 goals, 5 clearances and 4 tackles.

Low hanging fruit, given what the game was...but gee did he just completely fill out the stat sheet from start to finish. Some players had massive disposals like Sel with 43 and then Hawkins kicked 5 goals, but SJ did both. Ridiculous game.

Assume we could only be talking about Stevie J. Never seen anything like it. Just did not let up with 34 disposals, 7 goals, 5 clearances and 4 tackles.

Low hanging fruit, given what the game was...but gee did he just completely fill out the stat sheet from start to finish. Some players had massive disposals like Sel with 43 and then Hawkins kicked 5 goals, but SJ did both. Ridiculous game.
10 goal assists and something crazy when it came to score assists.

2 Brownlow votes. 😂

Swans in for a dive off the back of the GF thrashing?

I think they'll be the exception, rather than the rule, IMO. Too well run an organization to let it beat them down. Just weren't ready yet. Might have a slight drop to the bottom of the 8 or just outside given the much harder draw, but can see them rebounding pretty quickly ala the Demons after their annihilation in the Prelim by WC in 2018.

Last edited:

A stat sheet you expect to see at park grade level. Not the top flight.

Not a bad player, was "Norm".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back