NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
In defence of Simpkin's posts, I can at least comprehend them. You lost me at NPCs and then the search party gave up when they reached the italics.
I Honestly didn't expect a 100% strike rate when making a reference to a nearly 20 year old video game on an Australian football forum.

Proud Yorta Yorta Man Jy Simpkin thrilled to be a captain under Clarko.

Clarkson co-operating fully with the investigation but his key accusers are not.

Reality is very different from the wild fantasies pitched earlier in these threads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proud Yorta Yorta Man Jy Simpkin thrilled to be a captain under Clarko.

Clarkson co-operating fully with the investigation but his key accusers are not.

Reality is very different from the wild fantasies pitched earlier in these threads.

You have to remember that the accusers didn't go public with this. They sat on these stories for years, and didn't speak about them until they were contacted by the club itself (Hawthorn), at which point they contributed to an internal report.

You'd have to be truly one-eyed to believe that it's all lies. These people didn't really have a lot to gain by coming forward.

You seem to see only one side of things.

I have thousands of words where I try and see it through the perspective of all involved.

You don't though mate. And to be frank Amy's refusal to take part would be very different if there were a solid front of all impacted Hawthorn players and their families refusing to take part on grounds of cultural safety.

But more families than spoke to Egan and Rusty are cooperating with the investigation.

So that doesn't hold. Indeed, one of the big questions from the whole thing is why so few families DID engage with Egan.

Could it be Egan doesn't have a great rep? Maybe because of claims he ripped off his own community?

Newbold and Kennett would be my tip.

It's interesting that of all those who stood down after the story and some follow ups broke, the only one who hasn't returned to their post is Andrew Newbold, AFL Commissioner.

Noting that in the hierarchy of the AFL, a Commissioner is the second highest level, a Cardinal if you will.

So that doesn't hold. Indeed, one of the big questions from the whole thing is why so few families DID engage with Egan.

Could it be Egan doesn't have a great rep? Maybe because of claims he ripped off his own community?
You tell us what you've heard.

You have to remember that the accusers didn't go public with this.

They spoke on the record to a then senior and well respected Walkley winning journalist at the ABC.

I have thousands of words where I try and see it through the perspective of all involved.

the rock wwe GIF

After he reached out to them.

Well, he reached out to ALL indigenous Hawthorn players and families from a very weirdly set timeframe. And very few responded.

Why is that?

And let's not forget this all kicked off when the Riolis went public with their experiences of racism at Hawthorn.

In those same stories indigenous players including Rioli expressed deep frustration at how the club handled the Goodes booing.

These families could have come forward when Cyril and Shannon Ah-Sam opened the door.

They didn't, I get that may have difficult.

But let's not pretend Egan broke open the idea of racism at Hawthorn.

He didn't.

He was only hired AFTER Cyril had the courage to come forward.

Yet Cyril's experiences don't feature anywhere in Egan's report.

Nor does Hawthorn players approaching the club to do something about thr Goodes booing.

It's very strange.

Well, he reached out to ALL Hawthorn players and families. And very few responded.

Why is that?

And let's not forget this all kicked off when the Riolis went public with their experiences of racism at Hawthorn.

In those same stories indigenous players including Rioli expressed deep frustration at how the club handled the Goodes booing.

These families could have come forward when Cyril and Shannon Ah-Sam opened the door.

They didn't, I get that may have difficult.

But let's not pretend Egan broke open the idea of racism at Hawthorn.

He didn't.

He was only hired AFTER Cyril had the courage to come forward.

Yet Cyril's experiences don't feature anywhere in Egan's report.

Nor does Hawthorn players approaching the club to do something about thr Goodes booing.

It's very strange.

I don't think it's anywhere near as strange as you'd like it to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back