NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
I don't think it's anywhere near as strange as you'd like it to be
Did the club already have that information? Are there other confidential reports? Did they consider that they had gotten all the useful feedback they needed on those topics?

Who knows? We'd need some sort of insider to tell us all.

Well, he reached out to ALL indigenous Hawthorn players and families from a very weirdly set timeframe. And very few responded.

Why is that?
According to the report, 17 of 23 players/staff responded to the survey with 5 willing to go on record within the report and a further 5 at the time of writing were considering whether they'd go on record. Assumedly, that means 7 weren't willing or weren't asked to go on record.

Several times you've claimed that more are willing to speak to the AFL than to Egan, with an insinuation attached. Your claim doesn't seem to stack up.

Newbold and Kennett would be my tip.

It's interesting that of all those who stood down after the story and some follow ups broke, the only one who hasn't returned to their post is Andrew Newbold, AFL Commissioner.

Noting that in the hierarchy of the AFL, a Commissioner is the second highest level, a Cardinal if you will.
Newbold has got millions and millions of dollars. I doubt he will care that much. He is always up to something in the private sector. Having known him pretty well at one point, he’d basically do anything to win. Anything.

Newbold has got millions and millions of dollars. I doubt he will care that much. He is always up to something in the private sector. Having known him pretty well at one point, he’d basically do anything to win. Anything.

I think he will care IF the one thing money can't truly buy - legacy and reputation - are irreparably tarnished by this.

Did the club already have that information? Are there other confidential reports? Did they consider that they had gotten all the useful feedback they needed on those topics?

Who knows? We'd need some sort of insider to tell us all.

Why is Jy Simpkin happy to be a captain under Clarko?

Well, he reached out to ALL indigenous Hawthorn players and families from a very weirdly set timeframe. And very few responded.
Not sure how many times it has to be said. There was no timeframe, it was open to all past indigenous players. The issues were found from 2010-2015

Not sure how many times it has to be said. There was no timeframe, it was open to all past indigenous players. The issues were found from 2010-2015

Fair enough, I won't repeat that framing.

As a matter of interest, do you not think it interesting that of 17 who responded to him, only five would go on the record?

Especially when you consider that families who wouldn't speak to him are taking part in the AFL investigation.

There's one phrase that's stuck out at me the whole time - "due to the profile and respect accorded to the researcher".

ferball South of the Yarra ... in your experience would an elder describe themselves that way?

I'm white as the driven snow, I'm not going to speak to indigenous cultures, but its always struck me as ... odd.

Especially when you consider that families who wouldn't speak to him are taking part in the AFL investigation.
How do you know that families taking part are amongst the 6 players/staff who didn't respond to the survey?

And no it's not surprising that some Aboriginals were reluctant to go on record about how they were treated.

Fair enough, I won't repeat that framing.

As a matter of interest, do you not think it interesting that of 17 who responded to him, only five would go on the record?

There's one phrase that's stuck out at me the whole time - "due to the profile and respect accorded to the researcher".

ferball South of the Yarra ... in your experience would an elder describe themselves that way?

I'm white as the driven snow, I'm not going to speak to indigenous cultures, but its always struck me as ... odd.
Egan was representing hawthorn, the lack of trust and respect in the investigation lay with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was it because they didn't want their claims tested?
Do you think that they said that in their explanation? I don't recall that reason being given.

I don't even think they NEED to give a reason.

I think he will care IF the one thing money can't truly buy - legacy and reputation - are irreparably tarnished by this.
Brilliant talker and negotiator, the circles he associates in would continue to hold him in high regard. He was so one eyed Hawthorn that nothing else mattered. He was a staunch supporter of AC. That 08 flag sold him that anything else was possible. AC really is one of a kind, totally ruthless.

How is that relevant to the Hawthorn investigation? That's a really bizarre line to draw.

He's an indigenous player and Clarkson is his coach. And he's put himself up for leadership AFTER all this broke.

You just dont realise how silly you look .

Tell us again how Nick McKenzie spends seven weeks getting all his ducks lined up, which is the same as Rusty rushing to print without waiting 24 hours for a response from those he's accusing.

(Tipping Nick would have done his background on a guy like Egan too ...)

Do you think that they said that in their explanation? I don't recall that reason being given.

I don't even think they NEED to give a reason.

Hang on, you can accuse someone of hideous crimes, then refuse to have the accusation tested without giving a reason but still expect people to take it seriously and careers to be ended as result?

Is this your position?

Homie, you don't even apply that rule on your own forum lolololol.

Egan was representing hawthorn, the lack of trust and respect in the investigation lay with them.

If he wasn't under police investigation for defrauding his own community I'd agree with you.

But he is, which suggests people from indigenous communities might have very sound reasons for not trusting him.

Tell us again how Nick McKenzie spends seven weeks getting all his ducks lined up, which is the same as Rusty rushing to print without waiting 24 hours for a response from those he's accusing.

(Tipping Nick would have done his background on a guy like Egan too ...)
You do realise that today, Nick just got done for defamation for 6 figures??? :tearsofjoy:

If he wasn't under police investigation for defrauding his own community I'd agree with you.

But he is, which suggests people from indigenous communities might have very sound reasons for not trusting him.
Your so hypoctical , an allegation against Egan is absolute truth yet and allegation made by families at HFC are dubious. Pathetic.

Brilliant talker and negotiator, the circles he associates in would continue to hold him in high regard. He was so one eyed Hawthorn that nothing else mattered. He was a staunch supporter of AC. That 08 flag sold him that anything else was possible. AC really is one of a kind, totally ruthless.

If he's kicked off the AFL Commission for being racist in his dealings, his legacy is s**t.

This isn't me Norf nuffy Clarko lover, go back and read what Caro wrote when all this actually broke early in 2022.

The delegation of indigenous Hawthorn players going to him to plead for something to be done about the Goodes booing by Hawthorn fans

You do realise that today, Nick just got done for defamation for 6 figures??? :tearsofjoy:

Yep, the Bastiaan stuff. And I also know the mighty ABC lawyers that signed off Rusty's piece also signed off Macca's Chau Chak Wing piece he got done on too.

But it was you who brought him up as the example of journalistic best practice.

Don't dog him now ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back