2023 Pre Season - SAM FLANDERS HYPE THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimate injury wrap: Who is fit? Who won’t play round 1?

GOLD COAST

Who is fit and firing?

Young midfielder-forward Sam Flanders has been a standout performer on the track this pre-season. Track watchers report the 21-year-old has been matching it with the best trainers at the club, has lifted his leadership and impressed coaches. Brandon Ellis set a club record in the club’s 2km time trial last week. Jack Lukosius is another track observes say has taken a leap forward in his preparation this pre-season, looking bigger and ran a personal best in the time trial.

Who is injured or in recovery?

Ben King is closing in on a return to full training 11 months after injuring his ACL. King is now completing football drills, but not completing full contact work, as he targets a round one comeback. King is expected to reintegrate into full training in the next couple of weeks. Defender Lachie Weller is also making strong progress in his ACL recovery and is closing in on a return to training with the main group as he targets an early-season return. Connor Budarick is starting to build up his recovery and has resumed running after his second ACL injury.

Who is back from surgery/injury?

Wil Powell (ankle), Charlie Ballard (knee), Joel Jeffrey (knee) and Sam Day (knee) are all back in full training after recovering from injuries at the end of last season.

Players who won’t play round 1

Weller is considered “touch and go” for the start of the home-and-away season, while Budarick is aiming for a mid-season return.

There has been a bit of talk about a few individuals about the condition they are in but I don't think there has been a pre season like this where you look at every picture and video clip where pretty much every player seems in great shape. Well done to the strength and conditioning team the younger players especially seem to have made giant strides over the last 5 months. Proof will be when the real stuff starts but can't help but to be excited about what this season may hold for us long suffering fans 😆

At what point do we start to get excited about Uwland? 185cm and probably around the 90kg mark (based on the image above) is a pretty similar size to Dangerfield. Still so many unknowns with Bodhi but he certainly seems to have the body that's required to play at the top level.
Probably a months worth of data in the VFL

Last edited:
At what point do we start to get excited about Uwland? 185cm and probably around the 90kg mark (based on the image above) is a pretty similar size to Dangerfield. Still so many unknowns with Bodhi but he certainly seems to have the body that's required to play at the top level.

If at any point in his journey Kane Cornes says something negative about him, then we know he's doing something right :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staying injury free is a pretty big requirement. Let’s see how he goes with that!

I am interested to see how good coast go this year. A lot of talent on the list and finally have created a good culture.

Who has been reported burning up the track this pre season?

I am interested to see how good coast go this year. A lot of talent on the list and finally have created a good culture.

Who has been reported burning up the track this pre season?
As per the OP Sam Flanders has been training the house down apparently
I understand Dewy, The Coch, most of the medical group, a few players and the Social Media team rebuilt it so he could train it down again

I understand Dewy, The Coch, most of the medical group, a few players and the Social Media team rebuilt it so he could train it down again
No Metricon to knock up a shoddy built house for him to train down this season.

This is what we recruited Connor Blakely for

Flanders keeps tearing up the training track so someone needs to keep fixing the turf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back