Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but even the Bay has topics. All of this crap infiltrates main threads, and you can't move things from the main board to the Bay - hence the idea. Was completely tongue in cheek though, as it'll never happen - so I wouldn't take me too seriously, haha :)
Well I mean the Geelong and Hawthorn s**t Fight thread on the Bay has gone into part 5 and totals over 2,500 pages across them. And the mods do move some threads there, but for some reason all the original posters seem to vanish once they realise they're fair game.

Well I mean the Geelong and Hawthorn s**t Fight thread on the Bay has gone into part 5 and totals over 2,500 pages across them. And the mods do move some threads there, but for some reason all the original posters seem to vanish once they realise they're fair game.

All those Geelong posters have since moved on to Richmond and Geelong sh*tfights me thinks - as from all accounts, Hawks and Cats posters are actually pretty civil on here these days, haha

I wouldn't mess around about stuff like this. He doesn't even care if he loses his account, he's a lunatic.
He probably walks when the man is red too. What a hard ass.

I don't understand the big shitfight about JHF which involves both North and Port fans. North board seemed very disappointed in Thomas' actions, I and many others would want to see him gone from the club so not sure how you can lump all North fans have like a couple have on here have done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sonja has falied . I guess she cannot come down to hard on Thomas just in case she needs to be consistent if she is forced to deal with Clarkson over his HFC issues.
She has made turning the blind eye the norm now.
She really struggles with this stuff (although to be fair, most clubs do).

The initial blunder over Clarkson had to be smoothed over. And now North have done it again and not learned from their mistakes. You can support someone without going over the top.

She did it with Clarkson initially before the club backpedalled - but only a couple of months later they've done the same thing again!

Poor leadership, judgment and advisement again.

It's not a great look to publicly dismiss allegations that relate to treatment of females by men of influence, power and varying degrees of relative privilege. Repeatedly.

Last edited:
She really struggles with this stuff (although to be fair, most clubs do).

The initial blunder over Clarkson had to be smoothed over. And now North have done it again and not learned from their mistakes. You can support someone without going over the top.

She did it with Clarkson initially before the club backpedalled - but only a couple of months later they've done the same thing again!

Poor leadership, judgment and advisement again.

It's not a great look to publicly dismiss allegations that relate to treatment of females by men of influence, power and varying degrees of relative privilege. Repeatedly.
You and your ilk really come across as overly desperate for Sonja Hood to slip up. Here is the club statement on Thomas that you and Kane find so inappropriate.

First the breathless outrage about Clarkson and now this nonsense. Considering the bizarre comments we've heard from some other club presidents over recent times, it seems odd that you single out Hood for criticism. Maybe the issue is you not her.

Kane should probably avoid trying to be a journalist, hasn't Thomas been charged with a crime?
Well, where there's smoke there's fire so perhaps his 6 days of firefighter training just instinctively kicked in

You and your ilk really come across as overly desperate for Sonja Hood to slip up. Here is the club statement on Thomas that you and Kane find so inappropriate.

First the breathless outrage about Clarkson and now this nonsense. Considering the bizarre comments we've heard from some other club presidents over recent times, it seems odd that you single out Hood for criticism. Maybe the issue is you not her.
Single her out? We're talking about North aren't we? How many other presidents do North have??

And to be fair, I did make it clear that all clubs suck at this stuff.

But secondly, where I see her struggling in the media aspect of her role, is the apparent obligation she thinks she needs to have to be overly supportive of the club.

It comes across as amateurish.

As I said, you can support someone, without going over the top and sounding like a delusional BigFooty poster. Not only does it sound amateurish, it leaves you wide open to consequences down the track.

"Great list"? Really? She admitted this was bullshit and that she'd panicked. Fair enough.

But then next you have a case where a young indigenous woman has made allegations that she was bullied and intimidated by powerful white men and her story has been ignored - and Hood states that she's heard the story from a powerful white man and that's good enough for her to dismiss the allegations. Those comments were so tone deaf that it's almost funny.

Fortunately, the club backpedalled on that one and found a far more appropriate position.

The leadership around the current Thomas issue isn't great in terms of the messaging from the club either.

Again, you can support someone without being tone deaf and going over the top and making s**t up to gloss over a problem.

It's not the first time a club has sucked at this. But North have had a few go's at it in recent times and they keep making the same mistakes. Awful leadership and really poor advisement.

Single her out? We're talking about North aren't we? How many other presidents do North have??

And to be fair, I did make it clear that all clubs suck at this stuff.

But secondly, where I see her struggling in the media aspect of her role, is the apparent obligation she thinks she needs to have to be overly supportive of the club.

It comes across as amateurish.

As I said, you can support someone, without going over the top and sounding like a delusional BigFooty poster. Not only does it sound amateurish, it leaves you wide open to consequences down the track.

"Great list"? Really? She admitted this was bullshit and that she'd panicked. Fair enough.

But then next you have a case where a young indigenous woman has made allegations that she was bullied and intimidated by powerful white men and her story has been ignored - and Hood states that she's heard the story from a powerful white man and that's good enough for her to dismiss the allegations. Those comments were so tone deaf that it's almost funny.

Fortunately, the club backpedalled on that one and found a far more appropriate position.

The leadership around the current Thomas issue isn't great in terms of the messaging from the club either.

Again, you can support someone without being tone deaf and going over the top and making s**t up to gloss over a problem.

It's not the first time a club has sucked at this. But North have had a few go's at it in recent times and they keep making the same mistakes. Awful leadership and really poor advisement.
Thanks for the gaslighting.

I appreciate that you want to use this issue to denigrate Hood somehow, but what have you got? A boilerplate four-line club press release which was possibly shown to Hood before its release. Is that it? Is there even anything inappropriate in the release?

There is a clear pattern of behaviour from you and others. We all know what the issue is. It isn't Sonia Hood.

If you want to see what an inept media performance looks like, try Luke McDonald's first interview as captain when he was asked about Tarryn. But I suppose that would be all Hood's fault too.

Thanks for the gaslighting.

I appreciate that you want to use this issue to denigrate Hood somehow, but what have you got? A boilerplate four-line club press release which was possibly shown to Hood before its release. Is that it? Is there even anything inappropriate in the release?

There is a clear pattern of behaviour from you and others. We all know what the issue is. It isn't Sonia Hood.

If you want to see what an inept media performance looks like, try Luke McDonald's first interview as captain when he was asked about Tarryn. But I suppose that would be all Hood's fault too.
I think you should re-read my posts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back