Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't think of any valid reason to change the amortisation rules. Just seems typical UEFA reactionary bollocks, no doubt as a result of pressure from clubs that don't want to give out long term contracts (but don't want anyone else to have the benefit either).

It does seem like a loophole that benefits the premier league teams far more than anyone else. Most of Europe just can’t afford the risk of paying serious cash into dead wages for years on top of competing in the premier league inflated transfer market.

It does seem like a loophole that benefits the premier league teams far more than anyone else. Most of Europe just can’t afford the risk of paying serious cash into dead wages for years on top of competing in the premier league inflated transfer market.
Will we see the EPL become outright #1 league in the world? English teams seem have alot of money... Even the not so rich teams...

Will we see the EPL become outright #1 league in the world? English teams seem have alot of money... Even the not so rich teams...
That happened years ago money wise. Premier league clubs are already struggling to find buyers for players if the European giants aren’t interested.

I expect to see a lot more deals like Sterling to Chelsea going forward. With players of that stature now, there’s no more than a handful of teams in the rest of Europe that can afford them unless the selling club is willing to take unders.

Can't think of any valid reason to change the amortisation rules. Just seems typical UEFA reactionary bollocks, no doubt as a result of pressure from clubs that don't want to give out long term contracts (but don't want anyone else to have the benefit either).
I think the problem is only English clubs are allowed to give contracts longer than 5 years, or so ive read elsewhere.

That happened years ago money wise. Premier league clubs are already struggling to find buyers for players if the European giants aren’t interested.

I expect to see a lot more deals like Sterling to Chelsea going forward. With players of that stature now, there’s no more than a handful of teams in the rest of Europe that can afford them unless the selling club is willing to take unders.
It's not the transfer fees that are the major issue, it's the wages. The average wage in the prem must be around 90-100k a week these day. In a lot of leagues they pay that money to their best players, not average ones.

I think the problem is only English clubs are allowed to give contracts longer than 5 years, or so ive read elsewhere.
UEFA rules apparently set a 5 year limit, but if local laws allow it you can sign a player for longer.

Be surprised if England was the only country that doesnt limit employment contracts to 5 years or less.

I thought UEFA were trying to restrict the initial amortisation period to 5 years, not the length of employment contract.
I think that's the gist of it.

There really isn't much point to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the transfer fees that are the major issue, it's the wages. The average wage in the prem must be around 90-100k a week these day. In a lot of leagues they pay that money to their best players, not average ones.
You’re right, the majority of the issue is the wages, prem clubs just can’t offload players abroad because they’re paying them too much. And a team like Chelsea can take a chance on a 7 year deal because they know if they end up paying them to sit on the bench or go on loan for the last 3 years they’ll be fine financially.

Even the transfer fees rule out most non-prem teams if you want to sell without taking a loss though. If Chelsea want to sell Mudryk in 3 years, unless Barca, Madrids or maybe Bayern were interested, they’d have to be willing to sell to another top prem club.

You’re right, the majority of the issue is the wages, prem clubs just can’t offload players abroad because they’re paying them too much. And a team like Chelsea can take a chance on a 7 year deal because they know if they end up paying them to sit on the bench or go on loan for the last 3 years they’ll be fine financially.

Even the transfer fees rule out most non-prem teams if you want to sell without taking a loss though. If Chelsea want to sell Mudryk in 3 years, unless Barca, Madrids or maybe Bayern were interested, they’d have to be willing to sell to another top prem club.
Loads of players end up being loaned out with their new clubs only paying a moderate percentage of their wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back