NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It's not a question about whether Clarkson did "nothing wrong" in his time as Hawthorn coach. That is an impossible standard.

The question is the degree to which he acted inappropriately and if it was enough to warrant punishment.
Well obviously the term "nothing wrong" relates to the allegations in question.

Fu***n derrr.

JGreezy

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you read Simpkin it's a general witch-hunt aiming for Kennett and his golliwogs. But if you read the inquiry terms, it's focussed on the allegations of misconduct.
They have been open to hear from other players beyond the initial report.

And my comment has nothing to with Simpkin. Thats just weird/obsessive, mate.

They have been open to hear from other players beyond the initial report.

And my comment has nothing to with Simpkin. Thats just weird/obsessive, mate.
Below is from the Terms. Of course they'll hear from other players, but they're investigating the allegations in the report. It's not about Egan, Jackson, Kennet, Amy's dad, etc. Despite what you may read in this thread.

The Investigation is principally focussed on allegations of, ‘Inappropriate Conduct’ including:
a. racist behaviour;
b. bullying, and/or intimidatory conduct whether towards HFC listed players,
and/or their intimate partners, friends or families;
c. inappropriate intrusion upon or purported control (including coercive control),
over the family, cultural and/or non-football lives and wellbeing of HFC listed
players and/or their intimate partners, friends and families;
d. racialized and/or gendered stereotyping directed towards First Nations
players, their families and intimate partners;
e. conduct unbecoming or likely to prejudice the interests or reputation of the
AFL, or bring the game of football into disrepute; and
f. Notifiable Conduct, as defined in the AFL Rules.

JGreezy

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Below is from the Terms. Of course they'll hear from other players, but they're investigating the allegations in the report. It's not about Egan, Jackson, Kennet, Amy's dad, etc. Despite what you may read in this thread.

The Investigation is principally focussed on allegations of, ‘Inappropriate Conduct’ including:
a. racist behaviour;
b. bullying, and/or intimidatory conduct whether towards HFC listed players,
and/or their intimate partners, friends or families;
c. inappropriate intrusion upon or purported control (including coercive control),
over the family, cultural and/or non-football lives and wellbeing of HFC listed
players and/or their intimate partners, friends and families;
d. racialized and/or gendered stereotyping directed towards First Nations
players, their families and intimate partners;
e. conduct unbecoming or likely to prejudice the interests or reputation of the
AFL, or bring the game of football into disrepute; and
f. Notifiable Conduct, as defined in the AFL Rules.
I never said thst they weren't investigating the report. I said that it is not just what we read in the report.

What you've posted here backs me up, thanks.

Pretty cool how folks care so much about indigenous people they're going to target an indigenous player who had an awful year and has been found guilty of minor driving offences.

Everyone operating in good faith as usual.

Pretty cool how folks care so much about indigenous people they're going to target an indigenous player who had an awful year and has been found guilty of minor driving offences.
Who is that?

]
Where is this happening? I just cleaned up a bunch of off topic trolling about Thomas but haven't seen anything about JLM reported

Was a joke, deleted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maddo11

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Everyone operating in good faith as usual.
Futurama Squinting GIF

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Wow that comes across as very racist.

Are you the authority on how all indigenous people should be treated?

Poor form
Hey, im not the one who wrapped their arms around a FN player with criminal charges pending whilst sanctioning a non FN player for missing an ice bath, that seems kinda racist to me.
Nor am I the club that chose the moment I elevated a FN player to Captain to choose to implement the first co-captaincy in the clubs history, that also seems kinda racist to me.

Just sayin'

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey, im not the one who wrapped their arms around a FN player with criminal charges pending whilst sanctioning a non FN player for missing an ice bath, that seems kinda racist to me.
Nor am I the club that chose the moment I elevated a FN player to Captain to choose to implement the first co-captaincy in the clubs history, that also seems kinda racist to me.

Just sayin'

Stop sayin

I know, my post is about how FN players at Clarko's new club have been handled in the face of the ongoing racism scandal from his old club.
Which would be North, which is not what this thread is about.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Which would be North, which is not what this thread is about.
Im sure there are numerous posts throughout this thread that point to how the relationship between Clarko and FN players under his guidance at North will be viewed from outside, so this isnt a first.
Im just suggesting we may be seeing that play out with recent events.

Just sayin'
Are you saying the Aboriginal player doesn’t deserve to be Captain?

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Are you saying the Aboriginal player doesn’t deserve to be Captain?
Not saying that at all, on that topic im quite the opposite.
Im saying with the current investigation surrounding the coach, you'd think if you're going to name a FN player in a Captaincy role, surely you'd give it to him alone or not at all.
The question could now be,
Do they not think the Indigenous player can be Captain alone?
And
Why have they chosen this sensitive moment in time to introduce co-captaincy at North?

Not saying that at all, on that topic im quite the opposite.
Im saying with the current investigation surrounding the coach, you'd think if you're going to name a FN player in a Captaincy role, surely you'd give it to him alone or not at all.
The question could now be,
Do they not think the Indigenous player can be Captain alone?
And
Why have they chosen this sensitive moment in time to introduce co-captaincy at North?

I think the club assumes that the Aboriginal player and the non Aboriginal player both deserve to be Captain. No questions raised at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back