Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

BigDog12

Team Captain
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
My mail is they will be lucky to field one, let alone two sides with the precarious position the club is in. ’Fly in fly out’ recruits would be a stopgap measure and basically keep the doors of the club open for a little longer. There is a possibility the club may not be in a position to field any senior teams going by current numbers and those who have attended pre season training so far which has generally been in single figures.

It is a real pity as the senior coach appointment was a good one.

Desperate times call for very desperate measures…
Not sure where that info is from LFG, just had a look at CR's socials & can see well over 20 numbers at training in their post from last night.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I see some comments aimed at Corowa officials for not over spending on 3 extra recruits but I say full credit to them for looking after their budget and finances.
It’s a shame they’ve found themselves in this situation but it would be unfair to say it’s just because they didn’t want to bow to the coach and spend some extra cash on recruits.
Great news to read here that they had 20-30 at training.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
I see some comments aimed at Corowa officials for not over spending on 3 extra recruits but I say full credit to them for looking after their budget and finances.
It’s a shame they’ve found themselves in this situation but it would be unfair to say it’s just because they didn’t want to bow to the coach and spend some extra cash on recruits.
Great news to read here that they had 20-30 at training.
Because they've been completely irrelevant for the past 10 years with the same old board members who have been there far too long would rather do it the 'Corowa way'.

Here's a coach with over 180 AFL games and coaching experience at elite level trying to think outside the box and get this club back on its feet by willing to take a risk for once and bring in some genuine quality talent.

Germo had the pulling power and was on the right track in changing the culture for the good of the club. He was old school in his coaching but the players actually respected that and responded well.

They've got the budget and finances there so why not go out and spend it on quality recruits? Money is just sitting there being wasted away on fat and overweight Wahgunyah/Rutherglen recruits.

Until there is a complete overhaul of the board then Corowa will continue to stay irrelevant as they will this year.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Because they've been completely irrelevant for the past 10 years with the same old board members who have been there far too long would rather do it the 'Corowa way'.

Here's a coach with over 180 AFL games and coaching experience at elite level trying to think outside the box and get this club back on its feet by willing to take a risk for once and bring in some genuine quality talent.

Germo had the pulling power and was on the right track in changing the culture for the good of the club. He was old school in his coaching but the players actually respected that and responded well.

They've got the budget and finances there so why not go out and spend it on quality recruits? Money is just sitting there being wasted away on fat and overweight Wahgunyah/Rutherglen recruits.

Until there is a complete overhaul of the board then Corowa will continue to stay irrelevant as they will this year.
It's getting harder to find people to volunteer at all levels , so easy to say change the board and hasn't the present President just come back on board

Oct 5, 2004
Moving Around
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Avoca FNC, Ouyen Kangas FNC
Not sure where that info is from LFG, just had a look at CR's socials & can see well over 20 numbers at training in their post from last night.
Trust me mate, the club is in deep trouble numbers wise. The loss of talented juniors who have moved away for work/ study combined with many senior players leaving has placed the club in a precarious position. I’m not of the same opinion at the rambler who unleashed with his thoughts but it’s sad to see the club in this state. I don’t think they will go into recess but playing with just a single senior team could be a reality unless numbers magically appear from somewhere.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Raiders confirm another recruit, Will Conway. They will improve also despite Muller defecting to Albury. Ellis-Yolmen could be anything. Living locally an added bonus. like north they are putting a bigger space back to Corowa.
Even if the top 2 or 3 are above everyone by a fair way it would be good to see the bottom 6 or 7 play good games against each other.

barfly

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2005
tent
Other Teams
essendon
Interesting

Attachments

• 40558597-7C25-4BC3-96C2-E8A44E36B733.png
    40558597-7C25-4BC3-96C2-E8A44E36B733.png
    405.9 KB · Views: 307

Fatsideswitch

Team Captain
May 12, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Knicks
Snout Ednie to assist Stevie J. Are Yarra trying to salvage what relationships are left with the disgruntled younger players?

Back