Training Pre-Season 2023 (First game 18/3 v North)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jump on the Philly Eagles bandwagon, last time they won the Super Bowl……….2018. It’s a sign

As a Dallas Cowboys fan, I'd rather gouge my eyes out than stoop down to the level of cheering for Philthy. You couldn't find a worse group of fans in the world than supporters of any major sports team in Philly.

View attachment 1593343
While we've spent most of the preseason looking for him, it seems the guys at the ROAR actually have not only found him but got some insight. Don't think I've heard much about him being wing. TBH Gaff/Edwards wing is gross combo. Gaffs got slower and not as damaging with ball in hand. Edwards is exactly the same minus decent endurance

West Coast Eagles Best 23 2023​

Backs: Shannon Hurn, Tom Barrass, Rhett Bazzo

Half-backs: Elliot Yeo, Jeremy McGovern, Liam Duggan

Centres: Andrew Gaff, Tim Kelly, Luke Edwards

Followers: Nic Naitanui, Luke Shuey (c), Dom Sheed

Half-forwards: Jai Culley, Oscar Allen, Jamie Cripps

Forwards: Jake Waterman, Jack Darling, Liam Ryan

Interchange: Tom Cole, Reuben Ginbey, Jayden Hunt, Bailey Williams

Substitute: Elijah Hewett

Teams not bad but once again don't rate Edwards b22 and the lack of respect for Jamaine Jones is appalling
Surely Hough would be given first run on a wing over Edwards? I still like Edwards but can see his lack of speed being a real issue on a wing especially as we have one slow winger already.

Was really indifferent draft day with Ginbey for some reason. Knew nothing of him but was more excited about Hewett given the reports.

Can't remember a draftee being talked about in their first pre season the way he is however. Was he spoken of as being quick pre draft?
Straight line breakaway quick, but not evasive quick like Hewett is for example.

I’m coming to perth on Friday hoping to take the kids to see the eagles training. Will they be training and what time? Hurts me to go as I’m a pies supporter 😂

Don't think there's any open training that day, but you can pop into Eagles HQ at Lathlain and see the cups on display - 2018 is still nice and shiny. 🤪

Surely Hough would be given first run on a wing over Edwards? I still like Edwards but can see his lack of speed being a real issue on a wing especially as we have one slow winger already.
I reckon old mate at the Roar has Hough and Ledwards mixed up

Then again he describes Ledwards pre draft and injuries. It’s really strange areas from him as there next nothing on Edwards this preseason and Hough been one of the kids that looks to have come back in ripping shape this preseason.

I like the Idea of Hough on one wing, has wheels and can clunk a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what days do they normally have open sessions?

It changes, but they announce via their website/FB/Twatter all that stuff - it's generally one a week. Alternatively just call the club directly and they'll let you know.

Danger, Petracca, Oliver, Wines, Anderson, Simpkin and Cripps are all pretty shitty kicks. Fyfe taken just outside the 1st round is another

Have they always been midfielders (especially inside midfielders who usually have poor disposal efficiency), or did they play their juniors as half back flankers who couldn't kick too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back