Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Concerning the magistrate slammed the police for not organising a mental examination upon arrest.

They filed an arrest based on concerns for GL's mental health.

Its a bit of a no-no (although not expressly forbidden) to interview someone without a lawyer present who has documented mental health concerns even if they have been read their rights.

I suspect Dann's trying to outsmart the prosecution and attempting to use the police documenation of mental health concerns against them to suppress the interview where GL gave up the bodies when his lawyer was not present.

The Hotham photo / RH mobile phone ping is the only thing that tied him to the couple. Had he not taken their phones he was off scot free.

I’ve got no idea why he took them… walk 200 meters into the bush…. Dig a hole … Smash them… burry them… gone for ever.

I reckon he must have been intoxicated …

I suspect Dann's trying to outsmart the prosecution and attempting to use the police documenation of mental health concerns against them to suppress the interview where GL gave up the bodies when his lawyer was not present.

The article that information came out of was written in and presented as very sympathetic towards Lynn. The idea that he may have 'provided' the cops with a mud map of where the bodies were, is also sympathetic towards Lynn portraying him as cooperating fully with the police and possibly very misleading.

That isn't the 'explosive' evidence Lynn wants suppressed. imo.

Quote "

“I’m satisfied in respect of both charge one and two that there is sufficient weight to support a conviction.”

the Police just need to get some blood & dna matter confirmed somehow to paint a picture. His actions afterwards suggest he was trying to cover up a serious crime. If it is a Jury I'd be surprised it reminds me of the Claremont Killers Judge only Trial?

They didn't take him out to the scene and video it like they usually always do and similarly to how they took Lynn out of prison for a day to simply show them where he burned the drone and threw their phones.

If we're accepting mud maps off alleged double murderers and trust them enough to send hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment and a forensics team down a 4WD track to retrieve victims remains, why didn't they just ask Lynn to do another mud map of where he threw their phones out and burned the drone?

I suspect they found a mud map in his car or at his house.

I'm waiting for something a bit more reliable than Daily Mail to report on it.
I thought I'd read someone suggest they had found the mud map.? As opposed to him drawing one for them etc? Yeah wouldn't trust anything the Daily Mail write.

If GL had been drinking, maybe he just wanted to use RH/CC's portaloo, but there was an argument, and someone cracked the s***s? And THAT was the trigger for the dispute/wrestle/gun shot, and everything that followed. It's understandable - who in their right mind would go camping without access to a toilet?! :think: :rolleyes: :toilet:

I'm pleased for the families and the general public that the judge agrees and that he has been committed to stand trial on the charges of murder.
And excellent work by Magistrate Sonnet in this case.

'19 July 2022'

'Magistrate Sonnet, a barrister, was admitted to legal practice in 1991 and worked for the Office of Public Prosecutions from 1998 to 2019, where he held a variety of roles including Associate Crown Prosecutor and Crown Prosecutor. Since 2019, Magistrate Sonnet has been at the Victorian Bar practising in criminal law.'

Didn’t GL have a GPS …. If he had an account then maybe his track was recorded on that? and the police had a print out.
That could be the “mud map”??

“Could you please point us to where the bodies are” accuracy to 1 meter.

He also might of refused to go to the site due to trauma.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a single reporter has said that the police found a map during their searches and it looks better for the prosecution if it is leaked that the police recovered the bodies without GL's cooperation.
Wonder if this could be what they’re referring to as the mud map? It’s not really clear what sort of map it was, whether professionally printed or rough drawn etc. I know hunters who work off home-printed maps with notes scribbled all over them, and extra bits drawn in. Hard to say what you’d call that though.

Lynn had travelled into the rugged wilderness to hunt deer.

A deer hunting map contained in a plastic bag was later recovered from his home.

Wonder if this could be what they’re referring to as the mud map? It’s not really clear what sort of map it was, whether professionally printed or rough drawn etc. I know hunters who work off home-printed maps with notes scribbled all over them, and extra bits drawn in. Hard to say what you’d call that though.

Lynn had travelled into the rugged wilderness to hunt deer.

A deer hunting map contained in a plastic bag was later recovered from his home.

Might have been something like this one with notes and scribbles on the back, Union Spur Track is on it.

Dargo State Forests

https://www.ffm.vic.gov.au › assets › pdf_file › F...

PDF

bushwalkers, deer hunters, as well as trout fishers. Getting There ... Other key camping areas in State forest in the Dargo ... Grant Historic Area.

GrantHistoric.png

Wasn't that where they found the two shovels?
Yeah but from what I saw, they looked more like snow shovels. Where they were searching from is a chain bay... People will use snow shovels to clear around tyres while fitting and if they forget them, they would just get pushed over the edge by the plow.
They didn't look like the kind of shovels you'd use to dig a hole.
The trailer and whatever he used to reduce the bodies to fragments seem to be the only 2 things unaccounted for.
I'm still going with the trip in May being a trailer disposal weekend...rightt before snow season and road closures. Even if Covid hadn't hit, no one would have been out on the tracks for a good 5 months... Perfect time to pitch it over a steep edge and hope the spring growth covered any obvious disturbance in the surrounding bush.
GL has made, what in hindsight seem like a lot of silly errors, but in reality, he really only missed one detail that was his undoing. He's cunning and calculated and would have been considering anything that worked in his favour IMO

'Gregory Lynn: Accused camper killer committed to stand trial'

'5:40PM JANUARY 25, 2023'fflor
'the police informant Brett Florence .... reported he did not believe any further forensic testing needed to be completed.'

I assume that if the upcoming further Mount Hotham search uncovers any new forensic evidence, that testing of any new evidence will be done.

Yeah but from what I saw, they looked more like snow shovels. Where they were searching from is a chain bay... People will use snow shovels to clear around tyres while fitting and if they forget them, they would just get pushed over the edge by the plow.
They didn't look like the kind of shovels you'd use to dig a hole.
The trailer and whatever he used to reduce the bodies to fragments seem to be the only 2 things unaccounted for.
I'm still going with the trip in May being a trailer disposal weekend...rightt before snow season and road closures. Even if Covid hadn't hit, no one would have been out on the tracks for a good 5 months... Perfect time to pitch it over a steep edge and hope the spring growth covered any obvious disturbance in the surrounding bush.
GL has made, what in hindsight seem like a lot of silly errors, but in reality, he really only missed one detail that was his undoing. He's cunning and calculated and would have been considering anything that worked in his favour IMO
No I agree, the shovels aren't for digging. The look like concretors shovels, but I understand that people would also probably buy them for shoveling snow, so that sounds about right.

Yes the trailer. Wasn't there also their shoes that were missing? That could just be media BS.

Whatever he used to reduce the bones to fragments. Any ideas what would he use for that? Hammer? That would be a long and tedious job.

Back