BBL Match 56 Melbourne Stars v Sydney Thunder 1845hrs @ the MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly can't believe with a series in India coming up we don't have our Test players over in India, its one of the most important and highly regarded series in World Cricket atm and we have gave ourselves zero prep.

I think they're either unavailable as of the 31st of that's the last day they can play in the BBL.

Unavailable for the big final. Apparently available for the rest.

I don’t agree with it but it is what it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets face it 5 sides making the finals with only 8 sides is a joke to start with lol
But I do like the setup. 4v 5 is highly unlikely to make it. 3 possibly and 1 and 2 highly likely.

Frankly if Brisbane can win four road games they deserve the title. Especially as only one will be with their internationals there.

Scorchers to sadly and predictably s**t this in.

But I do like the setup. 4v 5 is highly unlikely to make it. 3 possibly and 1 and 2 highly likely.

Frankly if Brisbane can win four road games they deserve the title. Especially as only one will be with their internationals there.

Scorchers to sadly and predictably s**t this in.

Much prefer the IPL system but I like the WBBL system the most actually. 4 teams is plenty

Yea IPL System is good

3rd v 4th - Loser eliminated.

1st v 2nd - Winner goes to Final, loser players the winner out of 3rd and 4th to make the Final.
Yep the old Argus top four system. Our only flag came from that.

Hated the semi final knockout system. We won 7/8 in bbl2 with our only loss being to Perth. Then we got beaten by them coz they finished fourth. Season over. :thumbsdown:

Yea IPL System is good

3rd v 4th - Loser eliminated.

1st v 2nd - Winner goes to Final, loser players the winner out of 3rd and 4th to make the Final.

Yeah it’s the best system the WBBL one is good too

1st - straight to final and hosts

3 v 4 (elimination)

2 v winner of 3 v 4

1 v winner of 2 v 3&4

Yep the old Argus top four system. Our only flag came from that.

Hated the semi final knockout system. We won 7/8 in bbl2 with our only loss being to Perth. Then we got beaten by them coz they finished fourth. Season over. :thumbsdown:

In BBL 02, the Scorchers hosted the Stars in a semi at the WACA while the Renegades finished on top and went straight out after losing to the Heat who went on to win title from 4th by beating the Scorchers at the WACA in the final. James Brayshaw was the Renegades chairman at the time and he was not pleased that the team who finished on top didn't get a 2nd chance if they lost their first final.

Yeah it’s the best system the WBBL one is good too

1st - straight to final and hosts

3 v 4 (elimination)

2 v winner of 3 v 4

1 v winner of 2 v 3&4
If we move to a shorter season first place will unlikely actually deserve instant qualification. All teams wont' play each other the same number of times.

Back