Training Pre-Season 2023 (First game 18/3 v North)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be x 2 for me .
Philli Eagles are arsewipes.

Cue:
kaiserchief13 to waltz in and sing their praises.
Don't know why AFC East team fans would hate Eagles, unless it's because you're jealous that Jones sucks, Allen can't win divisional games and Hurts is the MVP if he didn't get injured

The way he said it also sounds like the intention will be for us to go over there for a week next year so I’m assuming the SA sides will be staying over rather than returning to SA

It sounds like a good arrangement between the clubs and he was certainly positive about it

Full interview here for anyone wanting to listen to it :

I think he has PTSD from this time last year and the spate of injuries we suffered - he’s clearly nervous about getting through this next training block without incident

The other issue he touched on was it’s not until round 5 of the AFL season before WAFL starts - it’s going to be hard to get/keep those players who miss out match fit and pressing for selection

The way he said it also sounds like the intention will be for us to go over there for a week next year so I’m assuming the SA sides will be staying over rather than returning to SA

It sounds like a good arrangement between the clubs and he was certainly positive about it

I think he has PTSD from this time last year and the spate of injuries we suffered - he’s clearly nervous about getting through this next training block without incident

The other issue he touched on was it’s not until round 5 of the AFL season before WAFL starts - it’s going to be hard to get/keep those players who miss out match fit and pressing for selection

I didn’t realize the WAFL started so late. Not great for guys like Chesser, Clark, Hewett, Jamo etc who are probably just outside the 22 and need some development/match fitness

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WAFL usually has a proper pre-season with about three games each, that’ll help.

Bot a huge fan of the grey tbh
View attachment 1593437

Looking at photos of Ginbey training I think Clayton Oliver, but not as punchable a head.

Some have likend Hewett to Petracca.

Would be a gift from the footy gods if these two ended up as good.

And all the O'Brien and pick splitting critics would happily admitt they were wrong. Very happily.

I doubt we throw two youngsters in there when you do still have the likes of Kelly, Shuey, Sheed and Yeo floating around. Culley will be in there to replace Redden but Ginbey will be eased into it.

We aren't Hawthorn who don't have those senior players any more.

I doubt we throw two youngsters in there when you do still have the likes of Kelly, Shuey, Sheed and Yeo floating around. Culley will be in there to replace Redden but Ginbey will be eased into it.

It definitely helps that all four of those senior players can rotate through a flank as well. Makes it more likely we can give significant midfield minutes to the youngsters without completely throwing them to the wolves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about Hawthorn their team looks horrible.

Lewis is now injured and they already lost Gunston.

The best 22 teams people are putting up has a couple of 10 gamers on ball. I dont think they have a set primary ruckman either.

Talking about Hawthorn their team looks horrible.

Lewis is now injured and they already lost Gunston.

The best 22 teams people are putting up has a couple of 10 gamers on ball. I dont think they have a set primary ruckman either.
Their coach can win a Premiership by throwing a bottle of Gatorade though, so you know, swings.and roundabouts.

Both remind me of Dustin Martin
Culley showed a bit last season, it'll be great to see some more mongrel in the midfield...

I'm hoping to see an end to finger-tip tackling, and for the boys to get stuck in. Tackle with prejudice, and give the opposition something to think about.

Last edited:
It definitely helps that all four of those senior players can rotate through a flank as well. Makes it more likely we can give significant midfield minutes to the youngsters without completely throwing them to the wolves.

Credits on the flank.

Shuey is basically an NPC at this point, he should be starting the year on a flank until he proves his fitness. Same with Yeo on a back flank. Sheed coming off not much footy also.

There ought to be opportunities on ball early for the youngsters.

I will interested to see how Exxon goes in the preseason games as I’d like for him to get an opportunity round 1 if he performs well in those games

Physically he looks ready to assume a bigger role

D7EC583C-CDE5-4097-AF5C-B1663CFD0F64.jpeg

Nic wouldn’t do the two km time trial. He isn’t used to running 6-7 mins without getting to the bench for a rest.
Do you think it’s better to have the same stats in 60% game time or 90%?

Because when Nic isn’t injured no ruck in the league is outperforming him no matter how long he spends on the ground.

It’s a bonus that he is able to do so much in such short amount of time as it allows the second ruck to also rack up statistics.

Surely Hough would be given first run on a wing over Edwards? I still like Edwards but can see his lack of speed being a real issue on a wing especially as we have one slow winger already.
Hough seems that more high impact but lower possession type .

Edwards on the other hand plays like his dad . Accumulator who runs all day and gets to the right positions both offensively and just as important defensive running.

Do you think it’s better to have the same stats in 60% game time or 90%?

Because when Nic isn’t injured no ruck in the league is outperforming him no matter how long he spends on the ground.

It’s a bonus that he is able to do so much in such short amount of time as it allows the second ruck to also rack up statistics.

And the man’s won us how many flags again?

Id take the 90% as we could then play another midfielder instead of another ruckman on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back