Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
I saw Craig McCrae at the tennis. He was wearing dress shoes with shorts and no socks. I might tell the Herald Sun.
Massive if true.
Was at the surf beach at Tathra and saw a skinny, pasty white red head, it may have been Clayton Oliver, but red heads are god greatest mistake so I didn’t give him a Second look
I'd prefer if you referred to them as "members of our in-ginger-nous community"

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shane Biggs on a bucks night at the Duke of Wellington near Fed Square a few months ago. Just randomly sat down at our table started talking rubbish about how he played AFL as he was well on his way drunk wise. Ended up chatting for 10 minutes when he found out we knew who he was and he was wrapped. Seems a pretty genuine bloke albeit a bit cocky.

ThatsjustDappa

Premiership Player
Feb 19, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Was invited to a work fishing trip in port phillip bay in the 90s by my work boss who was a mad Carlton supporter and sponsored Greg Williams. (Greg was playing at the time and Carlton supporters were pretty well known to be insufferable in this era).

Greg came on board with us and the boat was too small to avoid awkward glances. And that was as far as it got, awkward glances around the boat and no conversation. Fish weren't biting either, so friggin stuck on a boat for hours bored out of my skull...

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Shane Biggs on a bucks night at the Duke of Wellington near Fed Square a few months ago. Just randomly sat down at our table started talking rubbish about how he played AFL as he was well on his way drunk wise. Ended up chatting for 10 minutes when he found out we knew who he was and he was wrapped. Seems a pretty genuine bloke albeit a bit cocky.
Bloke is a genuine A grade flog.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bloke is a genuine A grade flog.
There was certainly a bit of that floggishness when we were chatting. We played along with what he was saying pumping up his tyres a bit but I rekon he's no different to quite a few ex footy players. Legends in their own minds living off past glories sort of thing. Wasn't any sort of deep conversation just general s**t talk about footy.

Pipefitter

Club Legend
May 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thinks I saw Cameron zurcar at RHCP on Tuesday, he was with a few mate, or it could’ve been the entire north fan base

Dude that sat behind me I think was a player / or ex player couldn’t quite place who he was. Thought it would be floggish to ask

Speaking of which. Was at RHCP as well. A mate said De Goey was standing behind us, but by the time I turned around he had walked off.

Jim Levenstein

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Saw Jeremy Howe walking to the first tee at golf. I mistook him for the golf pro with his shirt nicely tucked into long trousers. As we crossed the bridge he asked me how I hit them on the front 9.

Alex Crow was there too
Daily Mail have some good words to say about her.

1676295193290.png

Pwani Magharibi

Debutant
Aug 19, 2022
Geelong
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, AFC Leopards
Played cricket against Blake Caracella a few years back. Unfortunately we were only able to take one wicket in his team's entire innings, so never got to see him bat.

Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I feel like I might've already posted this in this thread,
but 2017, my mum was picking me up from the airport and told me my dog died while I was away.
Get into the elevator and Harry Taylor was in there with his wife and maybe a baby?
Anyway, I tried to pretend I wasn't crying.

smish

Club Legend
May 7, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Brody Mihocek came up on the big screen showing the crowd at Harry Styles last night. He got embarrassed and tried to hide his face

Back