Collingwood-Richmond, is it a one way or two way rivalry?

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's any consolation, it's still the last decent/enjoyable grand final we have had since then.

Every Granny since then has been absolutely cack or over by 3 QT
Yeah would have been s**t to have a comfortable lead at 3/4 time and win. 😂 Funnily enough when we kicked the first 5 of the game I knew we’d * it. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Yeah would have been s**t to have a comfortable lead at 3/4 time and win. 😂 Funnily enough when we kicked the first 5 of the game I knew we’d * it. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I honestly would rather lose a Granny by 10 goals plus than the manner the Pies have lost most of theirs in the last 60 years or so.

The most galling for Pies fans is I reckon our of 100 attempts at goal from that angle and distance he was on, Dom Sheed would have missed 95 of them.

I honestly would rather lose a Granny by 10 goals plus than the manner the Pies have lost most of theirs in the last 60 years or so.

The most galling for Pies fans is I reckon our of 100 attempts at goal from that angle and distance he was on, Dom Sheed would have missed 95 of them.
campaigner could have broken his leg in the contest and still would have nailed it because it’s us. 😂

The biggest rivalry these days is Richmond vs the Rest/opposition supporters (least on the Internet

Ever since I joined the online community, only Essendon supporters late 90s/early-mid 00s) come close to the sheer insufferable smugness, Petty gloating and childish baiting that Tiger fans have indulged in (not just here but on social media too) in tbe last 5 years

The fact I was happy as a passionate Carlton supporter that Collingwood whipped them in the 2018 prelim final speaks volumes.
Haha, you're not too far wrong there EJ. None of this magnanimous humble champion gobshyte. I remember saying at various points during the 90's, 00's and early 10's that if we ever managed to somehow jag a flag in my lifetime I'd be totally insufferable for weeks afterwards.

Well, probably drunk for weeks afterwards, but insufferable for weeks after that.

Ha. Irish BlueBaggar. That's an oxymoron in itself. You profess a knowledge of history right back to the oldest days of footy but conveniently forget who was also mistreated. Collingwood FC rose from the mistreatment of the Irish who lived there, spurned by the bluebloods up on Lygon St. We rose to become the most powerful force in Australian football

A Corkman, and I have many good relos spread around Enniskean, would know who they should be supporting and not turned their back on their history. History didnt begin 20 years ago. Maybe you are just another WestBrit.
Well in terms of north of Ireland politics i'd be more of an SDLP/Alliance party man. Besides whenever we do have a united Ireland, i do think we will see changes. Whenever this country is united, i do strongly believe that we have to make the unionists feel welcome as well. We will have to rearrange the furniture so to speak.

Carlton are probably the most multicultural of all the Melbourne based clubs in my opinion. Essendon had an anti Irish history, and so did Hawthorn i think before they became good, but i'm pretty sure that wasn't the case with Carlton though.

You aren't the only historically Irish/Catholic club in Melbourne. Richmond, Fitzroy and North Melbourne were and are of similar background. Back in the early days some Roos members used to play games of hurling in royal park. I think there used to be a hurling club that operated out of Arden Street as well.

Last edited:
True.

That's because Collingwood have not caused any living Richmond supporter any major angst. Only the 2018 prelim, the pain of which disappeared as Dom Sheed's goal shoved another GF loss up Collingwood's ar$e!

Carlton on the other hand have caused both Richmond and Collingwood grief.
Indeed it would be nice to see us give you both some trouble yet again!

Well in terms of north of Ireland politics i'd be more of an SDLP/Alliance party man. Besides whenever we do have a united Ireland, i do think we will see changes. Whenever this country is united, i do strongly believe that we have to make the unionists feel welcome as well. We will have to rearrange the furniture so to speak.

Carlton are probably the most multicultural of all the Melbourne based clubs in my opinion. Essendon had an anti Irish history, and so did Hawthorn i think before they became good, but i'm pretty sure that wasn't the case with Carlton though.

You aren't the only historically Irish/Catholic club in Melbourne. Richmond, Fitzroy and North Melbourne were and are of similar background. Back in the early days some Roos members used to play games of hurling in royal park. I think there used to be a hurling club that operated out of Arden Street as well.

Mever mind Multi-Culti my Blue friend.
Irish have two choices. Richmond or the Maggies. That's it.

Now think about it. Richmond or the Maggies. The Mighty Tiger or a rabble of toothless dentist dodgers? No choice really.
You owe it to yourself. Forget the anglo establishment and get aboard the Tiger train. Ditch the blue platoon and join the army. One benefit is you won't feel isolated at those Round 1 games when we start to play "find the blueboy" in the crowd.
Welcome aboard.

Mever mind Multi-Culti my Blue friend.
Irish have two choices. Richmond or the Maggies. That's it.

Now think about it. Richmond or the Maggies. The Mighty Tiger or a rabble of toothless dentist dodgers? No choice really.
You owe it to yourself. Forget the anglo establishment and get aboard the Tiger train. Ditch the blue platoon and join the army. One benefit is you won't feel isolated at those Round 1 games when we start to play "find the blueboy" in the crowd.
Welcome aboard.
No thanks mate i'm Carlton until whenever i die! Nice sales pitch and all buddy, but i'm happy enough being a Blue Bagger!:coolv1:

The biggest rivalry these days is Richmond vs the Rest/opposition supporters (least on the Internet

Ever since I joined the online community, only Essendon supporters late 90s/early-mid 00s) come close to the sheer insufferable smugness, Petty gloating and childish baiting that Tiger fans have indulged in (not just here but on social media too) in tbe last 5 years

The fact I was happy as a passionate Carlton supporter that Collingwood whipped them in the 2018 prelim final speaks volumes.

Good, it is working then. :)

Yep, it’s obvious from your posting here and on the bay that you have a strong dislike of the Tigers. Childish baiting indeed.

Yeah, I'm really cut up I chose Richmond as my team. Spewing I didn't choose Collingwood.

FFS, I missed out on:
1964 GF loss by under a kick.
1966 GF loss by under a kick.
1970 GF loss after being 44 points up at half time.
1973 Prelim loss after being 45 points up mid way through the second quarter, only to be beaten by a bloke on one leg.
1977 GF draw after being 27 points up at 3/4 time against an opponent who was goalless for 2 quarters, only to get pants the following week.
1979 GF loss after leading Carlton 5.6.36 to 0.7.7 at the 20 minute mark of the 2nd quarter on a bog, only to walk into the dressing rooms at half time down!! Then losing by 5 points. George Harris was right.
1980 GF loss. Save the embarrassment.
1981 GF loss when 21 points up at the 28 minute mark of the 3rd quarter against Carlton. Pants again!!

By the time 1990 had come around I'd have been in the same deluded state you find yourself in now.

The only emotion I feel toward Collingwood is pity. Pity for those young lads of my vintage at the time who misguidedly chose Collingwood. Only to have their developmental, teenage and early adult years destroyed by heartache and envy of both Richmond and Carlton.

Carlton is Richmond's biggest rival. Conversely, Collingwood is Richmond's greatest source of mirth.
With regards to that bit i highlighted in bold, it seem that Carlton and Richmond fans can agree on something at least!

The Pies have generously gifted us five premierships after all! So i guess i shouldn't be too hard on them. The thing is Tommy Hafey only lost one grand final when he was coaching the Tigers. Five grand finals he coached at Richmond and he won four out of the five

This was a coach with an absolute bullet proof CV, but when he went to Collingwood he lost four grand finals in five years including the infamous losing three peat of 1979 1980 and 1981. Not even Tommy could turn the Pies team of that era into winners.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know. We refused to accept that our success was unearned and poke fun at the sore losers and bad sports who insist that it was. Their heads explode in clouds of pea hearted fury whilst we point and laugh.
Is it any wonder you hate us more passionately than you've ever hated anything before? To us you're children of a lesser god.

I know. We refused to accept that our success was unearned and poke fun at the sore losers and bad sports who insist that it was. Their heads explode in clouds of pea hearted fury whilst we point and laugh.
Is it any wonder you hate us more passionately than you've ever hated anything before? To us you're children of a lesser god.

I never said your success was unearned or that your supporters suffered a lot of lean years, you are really overcompensating though for decades of mediocrity though.

And no, Richmond are nowhere the top of Carlton supporters hate lists. You make think that, but nah.

I never said your success was unearned or that your supporters suffered a lot of lean years, you are really overcompensating though for decades of mediocrity though.

And no, Richmond are nowhere the top of Carlton supporters hate lists. You make think that, but nah.

Overcompensating? Do you even know what that means ?

What we are doing is rubbing your face in the mediocrity that is your club and paying you back for the absolutely appalling way your feral supporters treated us when we were truly crapola ( but NOWHERE near as crapola as you have been /are it seems , forever ). The only worse were Essendon , the karma bus hit them only after it missile locked on Carlton supporters.
Collingwood supporters at least can be proud that their club it seems is always competitive. No cheating there and they eat humble pie. Respect

The word for our gloating is not over compensatory , it is pure revenge . You guys gave it and gave it and gave it but can nit take it . Very similar to the Indian cricket team .

And Carlton’s ongoing mediocrity is certain. We have a bigger hatred and rivalry with Gold Coast than your rabble club . So do all other clubs . That’s because you pose no threat and have no credibility. We pity your club and hope the AFL steps in again to assist you .

Being on a Carlton supporters hate list ? Analogous to still using Beta videos.

One of the most ambitious posts I’ve ever read .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What we are doing is rubbing your face in the mediocrity that is your club and paying you back for the absolutely appalling way your feral supporters treated us when we were truly crapola ( but NOWHERE near as crapola as you have been /are it seems , forever ). The only worse were Essendon , the karma bus hit them only after it missile locked on Carlton supporters.
Collingwood supporters at least can be proud that their club it seems is always competitive. No cheating there and they eat humble pie. Respect

The word for our gloating is not over compensatory , it is pure revenge . You guys gave it and gave it and gave it but can nit take it . Very similar to the Indian cricket team .

And Carlton’s ongoing mediocrity is certain. We have a bigger hatred and rivalry with Gold Coast than your rabble club . So do all other clubs . That’s because you pose no threat and have no credibility. We pity your club and hope the AFL steps in again to assist you .

I've never copped anything from Richmond relatives, friends, workmates and supporters and there are plenty out there. Collingwood on the other hand FMD.

We do have 16 flags worth of credibility mate. Sure we've been crap since 2000, but still though no one else has more flags than us. Form is temporary and class is permanent.

We do have 16 flags worth of credibility mate. Sure we've been crap since 2000, but still though no one else has more flags than us. Form is temporary and class is permanent.
No one cares about the 16 flags you cheated your way to winning all those years ago. Like Essendon and Geelong, your success* was won* with no honour. One simply cannot claim to be a Carlton or Essendon or Geelong supporter and have self esteem. It's an oxymoron. Any success in living memory comes from the benefits of cheating and unsporting advantages that the AFL has either tried desperately (occasionally failed) to sweep under the carpet, or manufactured. FFS Mark Robinson and Gerard Whately are your media poster boys. You're truely pathetic.

Collingwood might be scum, but at least they're not filthy cheats or entitled wingers (although they too get gifted many unsporting advantages). At least the pitifully little success they've had in the last 60 years has been kind of earned, not stolen.

Richmond alone stand clear of the pack, having won success against all odds. Building a team through the most compromised drafts in history, having year in/year out the worst umpiring in the comp, and the AFL introducing 1/2 a dozen rules to "bring Richmond back to the field" etc. etc.. Yet Richmond has overcome all obstacles placed in our way. Imagine how many more premierships Richmond would have won were they treated like little Geelong? We'd be lining up for our 8peat.

We have no rivals. No one stands in our space. We just have jealous, pitiful foes, desperate for our attention, who cannot fathom success with honour.

No one cares about the 16 flags you cheated your way to winning all those years ago. Like Essendon and Geelong, your success* was won* with no honour. One simply cannot claim to be a Carlton or Essendon or Geelong supporter and have self esteem. It's an oxymoron. Any success in living memory comes from the benefits of cheating and unsporting advantages that the AFL has either tried desperately (occasionally failed) to sweep under the carpet, or manufactured. FFS Mark Robinson and Gerard Whately are your media poster boys. You're truely pathetic.

Collingwood might be scum, but at least they're not filthy cheats or entitled wingers (although they too get gifted many unsporting advantages). At least the pitifully little success they've had in the last 60 years has been kind of earned, not stolen.

Richmond alone stand clear of the pack, having won success against all odds. Building a team through the most compromised drafts in history, having year in/year out the worst umpiring in the comp, and the AFL introducing 1/2 a dozen rules to "bring Richmond back to the field" etc. etc.. Yet Richmond has overcome all obstacles placed in our way. Imagine how many more premierships Richmond would have won were they treated like little Geelong? We'd be lining up for our 8peat.

We have no rivals. No one stands in our space. We just have jealous, pitiful foes, desperate for our attention, who cannot fathom success with honour.

christopher-walken-too-long-didnt-read.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back