AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2023 [GF: North vs Brisbane @ Ikon Park, Sunday 3 December @ 2:30pm - NM 27 - 44 BL]

Remove this Banner Ad

A pack of idiots

How are you going to get buy in by the supporters if players are swapping clubs in big numbers.
Symbolic two-year contracts are not new (it was the exact same thing last time--informal agreements being made without a CBA in place, everybody knew they weren't binding). The supposed "frustrated club figures", who falsely claim the goal posts are being shifted, are the pack of idiots.

Maybe clubs that were gifted an AFLW licence, like Carlton, should start taking women's football seriously and players will stop leaving en masse.

I wish we could make Nicole Livingstone's contract non-binding. Or maybe force her to take on other work. Is she getting paid a living wage?
Not a fan at all. Tried to get her to a few sporting events as guest speaker to promote AFLW. Most times we didn't even get an answer.

Hopefully I can play against the Roos this season at Arden street - would be epic.

Lol don’t safe face it, it’s a good thing👍🏻

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walking through the local shopping centre today I saw North's AFLW superstar Mia King appear in advertisement for Mecca Maxima.

There is a little article to go with Mia which appears on the Mecca website. Be warned, it's primarily about cosmetics, not the AFLW.:)

WINNING SKINCARE TACTICS WITH MIA KING

Walking through the local shopping centre today I saw North's AFLW superstar Mia King appear in advertisement for Mecca Maxima.

There is a little article to go with Mia which appears on the Mecca website. Be warned, it's primarily about cosmetics, not the AFLW.:)

WINNING SKINCARE TACTICS WITH MIA KING
It’s alright.
They gave us a warning early on in the article: “Content warning: the following interview contains traumatic themes that may be confronting for some readers.” 😁

AFLW website review of North's season.

Kangaroos' season review: Young and hungry team challenges comp's best

No surprises in the review, although some may consider Brooke Brown as our most improved player ahead O'Loughlin or Bresenehan or half dozen other youngsters as a bit of a surprise. And no surprise about where we need to improve the most next season.

AFLW website review of North's season.

Kangaroos' season review: Young and hungry team challenges comp's best

No surprises in the review, although some may consider Brooke Brown as our most improved player ahead O'Loughlin or Bresenehan or half dozen other youngsters as a bit of a surprise. And no surprise about where we need to improve the most next season.
Think brown had taken a big step during the summer season but the other 2 really improved in the latter season.

Does anyone have any idea when the AFLW season will commence this year?

We are nearly through the first month of 2023, and there is nothing I can find on the AFL website.

I think it is an absolute disgrace on the part of the AFL that nothing appears to be set in concrete as to when and what format this years season will take. Surely they can give us a start date, number of games to be played and how they will work out the fixturing.

The AFL needs to get serious and treat the girls respectfully in my opinion.

We are nearly through the first month of 2023, and there is nothing I can find on the AFL website.

I think it is an absolute disgrace on the part of the AFL that nothing appears to be set in concrete as to when and what format this years season will take. Surely they can give us a start date, number of games to be played and how they will work out the fixturing.

Start date: Mid-August. Number of games: 12 H&A rounds + 4 weeks of finals. How they will work out the fixturing: minimum of 2 teams per oval at a time.

Or maybe it'll be 10 rounds and a late August start again. While nothing is set in concrete, there's not going to be any major changes from last season (at most a week or two difference, which is what's being negotiated as they sort out a joint-CBA with the men's comp for the first time ever).

Start date: Mid-August. Number of games: 12 H&A rounds + 4 weeks of finals. How they will work out the fixturing: minimum of 2 teams per oval at a time.

Or maybe it'll be 10 rounds and a late August start again. While nothing is set in concrete, there's not going to be any major changes from last season (at most a week or two difference, which is what's being negotiated as they sort out a joint-CBA with the men's comp for the first time ever).
I'll be a little disappointed if the AFLW only increases the number of games to 12 or worse still doesn't increase it at all. At the moment the draw is so unfair, and they expanded the number of teams in the competition rapidly, surely, they can do the same with the numbers of games the teams play.

Fair call Horace. Usually by now the media are all over this but everything seems rather quiet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back