100px-Kansas_City_Chiefs_logo.svg.png
vs
100px-Philadelphia_Eagles_logo.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How to watch:

Fox Broadcast:
Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi

ESPN Broadcast:
Steve Levy, Dan Orlovsky, Louis Riddick.

*Ch7 will take the US Fox broadcast. but will not feature the super bowl commercials.
* NFL gamepass have a Super Bowl special for 99c that has 31 day access. Which will have the commercials shown

Super Bowl entertainment
  • ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing ’performed by Sheryl Lee Ralph
  • ‘America the Beautiful’ performed by Kenny ‘Babyface’ Edmunds
  • National Anthem performed by Chris Stapleton
  • Halftime Show performed by Rihanna

Last edited:

SB 57 will be the first SB where both teams have won a championship within the last 5 years in almost 40 years

In recent years, strong league parity has helped ensure a healthy turnover in Super Bowl participant teams, featuring quite a few teams looking to end long title droughts (e.g. Rams, Bucs, Chiefs, 49ers, etc.) and even teams that have never won championships in their history (Bengals, Falcons, Panthers, etc — also teams like the Cardinals and Saints a little further back). This year is quite unique in that regard as both teams actually will enter the year’s final game having won championships very recently (within the last half decade), with Philadelphia having won SB 52 five years ago and Kansas City having won SB 54 three years ago.

There have only been 3 matchups like this in NFL history, and none since the 1983 season:

- Super Bowl X, Steelers over Cowboys I: Pittsburgh had won Super Bowl IX the year before, and Dallas had won Super Bowl VI 4 years prior.

- Super Bowl XIII, Steelers over Cowboys II: in this rematch, Dallas was now the defending champion coming off of their SB XII triumph over Denver, while Pittsburgh’s aforementioned win over Dallas in SB X was just 3 years before.

- Super Bowl XVIII, Raiders over Redskins: Washington was the defending champion, while Los Angeles had won SB XV (then as the Oakland Raiders) three years previously.

Since these 3 games, there have only been two other games where both teams had even won championships in the last 10 years — Super Bowl 46, with the Patriots being 7 years removed from their SB 39 victory and the Giants 4 years away from their previous upset win over New England in SB 42; and Super Bowl 49, which featured defending champion Seattle against the Patriots again, now 10 years removed from their most recent victory.

In contrast, other recent championship matchups have included:

- Rams/Bengals, with the Bengals never having won a championship and the Rams ending a 22 year-long drought

- Chiefs/49ers, who had 50 and 25 year long droughts respectively

- Broncos/Panthers, with Denver earning its first championship in 17 years and Carolina never having won one

Andy Reid joins Dan Reeves as being the only head coach who ends up playing the former team they previously took to the Super Bowl in the Super Bowl.

With the Chiefs and the Eagles winning today, Andy Reid becomes only the second head coach to take his team to the Super Bowl and play one of the former teams he coached for and led to the Super Bowl. Dan Reeves is the only other coach to have done this, having led the Denver Broncos to the Super Bowl and then playing against them years later in the Super Bowl as head coach of the Atlanta Falcons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Chiefs victory, Patrick Mahomes can potentially break two curses in the Super Bowl.

No passing leader since 1961 (George Blanda) has won the Super Bowl/Championship the same year as the title. In the same vein, should Mahomes win MVP as expected, no MVP this Millenium, (Kurt Warner, 1999) has won the Super Bowl either.

This year he can do both.

With the Chiefs victory, Patrick Mahomes can potentially break two curses in the Super Bowl.

No passing leader since 1961 (George Blanda) has won the Super Bowl/Championship the same year as the title. In the same vein, should Mahomes win MVP as expected, no MVP this Millenium, (Kurt Warner, 1999) has won the Super Bowl either.

This year he can do both.

I hope they get broken because they are such dumb and irrelevant stats in my opinion. However I think things like SB winning teams having low salary RBs most of the time is a good and relevant stat.

I saw something about this is going to be the first Super Bowl to feature 2 black starting QB's.

EDIT:

yep. searched twitter and eventually found this after all the memes about Nick Bosa getting beat by another black QB.

Best two teams all year playing off in the Super bowl is what we deserve and what we got.

I would have loved to see Burrows in there but Mahomes and the Chiefs have been unreal this year.

Eagles have looked unstoppable these last two games - and for large parts of the seasons - therefore, will be putting my hand earned on them.

Mahomes ankle, Hurts shoulder, both will be struggling. Chiefs got many more other injuries too. Lane Johnson also carrying an injury. Healthiest team left standing wins
Whoever the two weeks off helps the most may end up being the deciding factor.

How bad is Mahomes’ ankle? Saw they had a number of injuries in their receivers today as well?

Whoever the two weeks off helps the most may end up being the deciding factor.

How bad is Mahomes’ ankle? Saw they had a number of injuries in their receivers today as well?
I really can't see Chiefs winning it, too many injuries and limped over for a win against the Bengals. Eagles are healthier and have too much of a top D. SB may still end up close not a blowout, but Eagles "should" be in command from start to finish. Like say a 13-3 half time lead and 27-10 final score.

Back