Welcome The Dotti Memorial BigFooty Saints Dog Lovers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t laugh emoji me George, I need this man.

My dog of 12 years died today.

I require alcohol, and in truly disgusting quantities.

Sorry to hear that mate, really. Happy to catch up for a few beers at the game if you'll be there :thumbsu:

Make a real mess out of ya, good and proper xx

Sorry to hear that mate, really. Happy to catch up for a few beers at the game if you'll be there :thumbsu:

Make a real mess out of ya, good and proper xx
jussie smollett empire GIF

Sorry to hear that Barrels. I had to say goodbye to my dog a couple of months ago. I was in absolute bits over it.
Definitely worth having a heavy drink or few.

Last edited:

That's s**t mate, had to put down our 15 y.o foxy cross and 5 months later our 10 y.o jack Russell cross got lymphoma and we had to put her down.
Never ever easy. I comfort myself in that being a pet owner also requires when you need to be responsible and make sure they aren't suffering.

Sad news mate. I’ll be devastated when my little fella goes.
Take care.

That's s**t mate, had to put down our 15 y.o foxy cross and 5 months later our 10 y.o jack Russell cross got lymphoma and we had to put her down.
Never ever easy. I comfort myself in that being a pet owner also requires when you need to be responsible and make sure they aren't suffering.
Fantastic response from you.
The most important thing we ever do for our pets is to give them dignity and care when they need it most.

Fantastic response from you.
The most important thing we ever do for our pets is to give them dignity and care when they need it most.
Appreciate that sunny. I am a massive dog lover, and have had to put three down, every time I cried. I dreamt of my most recent one barking the other night and was pretty mournful the next day.

But she was a mess. they offered chemo, but whose needs are being met by keeping them alive? Dogs aren't frightened of death so it certainly wasn't hers.
I once read someone who wrote a dog lover is never truly happy as they know the inevitable consequences of their passion, i.e the loss of a family member after only a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad news mate. I’ll be devastated when my little fella goes.
Take care.
I was just speaking with a neighbourhood acquaintance and her son ... son had just lost his 16.5yr old Golden Retriever recently, and was breaking in a 14wk old Groodle ... beautiful little pup with probably the best temperament I've ever seen in a dog of that age ...

I now tend to live vicariously through other peoples' pets, as I've got too many scars from losing pets when I was younger. Never did see them as anything less than a family member.

Appreciate that sunny. I am a massive dog lover, and have had to put three down, every time I cried. I dreamt of my most recent one barking the other night and was pretty mournful the next day.

But she was a mess. they offered chemo, but whose needs are being met by keeping them alive? Dogs aren't frightened of death so it certainly wasn't hers.
I once read someone who wrote a dog lover is never truly happy as they know the inevitable consequences of their passion, i.e the loss of a family member after only a few years.
My guy passed nearly two years ago now.
I made it my mission to have him leave peacefully, and with grace (though I am sure a more suspicious animal might have wondered why he was getting crispy bacon in the two weeks prior to his release).
The truest comment about dogs that I have ever heard was on that ABC series about the Kelpie puppies being trained to be muster dogs.
The farmer from the Western District lost his favourite dog and said: “There’s only one thing wrong with dogs. They don’t live long enough.”
They steal our souls, but give us much happiness in return.

We don’t deserve dogs, we really dont
Not one this size

Daughter and partner against our sage advice got this dog.
Surprise surprise she has a baby and we get a 50kg pure breed that costs $250 a month to groom and $80 a month to feed.

Lovely dog, beautiful nature, but FMD its a bloody lifestyle. IMG_3435.jpg

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not one this size

Surprise surprise she has a baby and we get a 50kg pure breed that costs $250 a month to groom and $80 a month to feed.

Lovely dog, beautiful nature, but FMD its a bloody lifestyle. View attachment 1598063

What about the bill for cleaning the carpets, they bloody well shed lots of hair.

Not one this size

Lovely dog, beautiful nature, but FMD its a bloody lifestyle. View attachment 1598063

On the plus side, he/she will keep you fit…
Aus collies require plenty of exercise. 😊

On the plus side, he/she will keep you fit…
Aus collies require plenty of exercise. 😊
JB's dog in the picture is a Bernese Mountain Dog (correct me if I am wrong)

My daughter is obsessed with them thanks to IKEA who do soft toy BMDs .... we came across a live one the day (its owner was walking it) and she didn't want to leave it ... of course got talking to the owner who said they only live on average around 8 years.... which isn't long

We don’t deserve dogs, we really dont

My dog is probably the worst dog in the universe but I wouldn't give her away for a million bucks. She literally bit a brand new tyre last weekend that was only replaced because she'd bitten through the last one. Also ate a seat belt and made the interior of my car look like it's been vandalised. She hates most people and other dogs but she's ace. It's hard to work out what's good about her but she's got a huge personality and likes me more than anyone else. That's good enough for me.... St Kilda in a dog, takes heaps and offers * all but pain but I love her anyway.

My dog is probably the worst dog in the universe but I wouldn't give her away for a million bucks. She literally bit a brand new tyre last weekend that was only replaced because she'd bitten through the last one. Also ate a seat belt and made the interior of my car look like it's been vandalised. She hates most people and other dogs but she's ace. It's hard to work out what's good about her but she's got a huge personality and likes me more than anyone else. That's good enough for me.... St Kilda in a dog, takes heaps and offers * all but pain but I love her anyway.
I had a dog that jumped up on a mates car bonnet, while it was raining & chewed on the window wipers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back