Welcome The Dotti Memorial BigFooty Saints Dog Lovers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Title should be the pet season thread
No wonder we're not getting any updates as there's no one at the park taking notes :rolleyes: :dogface::dog:

Springridge-Dog-Park.JPG

Can u take the dog down to watch training???

Could multitask here
Walk the pooch and report on training

My last dog would have seen the ball bouncing around and been in there, somewhere between Jack Steele and Seb Ross.
Trouble is when she got the clearance , instead of hand balling, ( or Paw Balling ) she would have run off with it and chewed the crap out of it.

She used to bark at the rider mower and attack the back tires, while the other , younger dog would just chill out and watch.
Once she died, the younger one decided that it had to take over the attack the tires and bark duties.

A guy i work with fosters retired greyhounds. They stay at his house with his family and cats, and prospective owners can come and see them there in the family environment. He thinks they are awesome and really enjoy having that sort of life after having their youth spent working.

Love whippets, beautiful nature
A guy i work with fosters retired greyhounds. They stay at his house with his family and cats, and prospective owners can come and see them there in the family environment. He thinks they are awesome and really enjoy having that sort of life after having their youth spent working.

Greyhounds are also a great dog. Like giant whippets with a great nature. Unfair bad reputation. Apart from dingo's the first dogs ever to visit Australia (that is recorded) were greyhounds. Sir Joseph Banks had two with him on the Cook Voyage that went to Tahiti, circumnavigated New Zealand, and then mapped the East Coast of Australia in 1770.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My current little ball of fluff has done a knee. Scheduled for surgery. This season is a write off, and we’ve had to hide all balls.

75BFCC39-5E4D-470A-A096-1444AD910D7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reg.jpg
This is Reg, taken too soon, queen of socks, roos and tongues in ears in the morning. Always loved a roll in dead stuff, mad dashes on the beach and visiting neighbours ...still bloody tear up...
Love seeing this on the thread, condolences to all who have lost; we are better for having found them in the first place.

I wonder on the Bulldog forum if they have jacked their preseason thread with images of their favourite Saints?

You know St.Peter, St.Paul, St Cardinal George Pell :oops:
------------------
Greyhounds are also a great dog. Like giant whippets with a great nature. Unfair bad reputation. Apart from dingo's the first dogs ever to visit Australia (that is recorded) were greyhounds. Sir Joseph Banks had two with him on the Cook Voyage that went to Tahiti, circumnavigated New Zealand, and then mapped the East Coast of Australia in 1770.
---------------

There are people who for whatever reason can't take on the ball of destruction and energy that you get with a puppy.
Retired greyhounds are a great option for them.

IN THE INTERESTS OF INCLUSIVENESS AND DIVERSITY

I have always loved dogs and indeed all animals.

First dog was a greyhound back in the late 60s who wasn’t fast enough to race (way before Greyhound adoption programs)

Next two were also retired greyhounds that I raced in the 90s.

Since then circumstances have changed and having a dog hasn’t really been an option. However we got a cat in 2000 and another in 2001. Old age saw them leave us in 2019 and 2020. In late 2020 we decided to give an older (12 year old) rescue cat a forever home and it’s the best thing we’ve ever done. George has just been wonderful for us and we hope he’s around for many years to come (3 x pet member this year )

CEpPU1X.jpg

Correct. Not suited to Australia, should be in cold climates, has a double coat and we need to keep him in air conditioning during summer.
The grooming after lockdown took 6 hours and cost over $400.
Barrels hope our dog talk has taken the edge of the pain old mate.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It has, mate.

As has a 9 week old orphaned kitten with a heart murmur that needed a home.

041E5D28-E3D8-42F8-8C00-5124C4156A09.jpeg

Last edited:
Our pooch was a rescue dog. Had been fed chocolate and food scraps, no vaccinations, no working tablets, no microchip etc. Was rescued by Starting Over (a week in the vet on a drip and surgery on her stomach).

Been through a lot, but is brilliant with my 4 year old girl.

Humans stink. IMG_20221219_180453.jpg

Our 1 year old Newfoundland with his Lab sibling
Had a Newfie-cross as a kid. 6’3 and 100kg, dumb as a brick, sweetest boi on Earth; the tiny cat used to boss him around because he thought he was the same size as her.

Could clear the house when he dropped his guts.

I still miss the gigantic moron 20 years later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back