Players who have had 30 and 3 in grand finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol WAFL

I could kick 20 goals a game playing in that league
? I didn't mention anything about the WAFL.

Don't know exactly how many disposals Barry Cable had in 1966 (certainly 20+) to go along with his 6 goals.

I think along with Martin is the only guy to have 20 + and 2 + in 3 grand finals. That was just his VFL also won 3 Simpson Medals in a row in the wafl 66-68 I think the equivalent of a Norm Smith, 3 Sandovers as well.

Bartlett had 21 and kicked 7 in 1980.

KB had tended to play well in all of his grand finals kicking 3 in 67 and having 28 and 3 in a losing side in 72.

It was 5k.

Having dealt with Greg personally, I am fairly confident he would have demanded more than what he has publicly said.

You could buy a house and land package for around 30k back in the mid 80's. 5k-10k was a considerable amount. The VFL was thriving but certainly not thriving as it would in the 90's and beyond.

Having dealt with Greg personally, I am fairly confident he would have demanded more than what he has publicly said.

You could buy a house and land package for around 30k back in the mid 80's. 5k-10k was a considerable amount. The VFL was thriving but certainly not thriving as it would in the 90's and beyond.
Only quoting the figure he stated. I think it was on open mike.

Bartlett had 21 and kicked 7 in 1980.

KB had tended to play well in all of his grand finals kicking 3 in 67 and having 28 and 3 in a losing side in 72.
Kernahan had 17 and kicked 7 in 93 and 17 and 5 in 95.

2 and 3 goals respectively in 86 and 87

Likewise...

Arnold Briedis had 28 and 5 in the '77 replay.
Erin Phillips had 28 (including 26 kicks) and 2.2 in the one grand final she deservedly got BOG for.
Briedis - 5.14 in consecutive GFs. Certainly knew how to get his hands on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Diesel had 31 and 5 in 1995…

I watched that on fox footy recently the Geelong players were smashing him, obviously the umpires hated Williams and the Geelong players knew they could do everything up to taking a steel chair from the crowd and smashing Williams over the head WWE style before he would get a free kick

It was a little uncomfortable viewing knowing the neurological problems Williams apparently has now

Castagna had 20 and 5 (behinds).

🤣

And an OOF, if I remember correctly. I wonder how he would've gone in NSM voting if he'd kicked 4.1 (I believe most of those shots were very gettable).

Kernahan had 17 and kicked 7 in 93 and 17 and 5 in 95.

2 and 3 goals respectively in 86 and 87

He was a colossus. It's funny, for a guy who was never renown as a great kick, he certainly capitalized when it mattered most.

I met him a while ago and was taken aback by his height. Much taller than what he appeared. Ruckman size in stature. Would have been a nightmare match-up for any top line defender.

Aker won that norm Smith. He and Houli should've without doubt won one each.
Any other day I think was a definite, Blacks was close to the best I’ve seen in a grand final though he was huge that day.
He had the most inside 50s -7
Most Tackles-9
Most contested possesions- 25 (next best was 18 and 13)
39 possesions most in a grand final and a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back