BBL Match 61 The Final Perth Scorchers v Brisbane Heat 1900hrs @ Perth Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Perth from, Ashton Turner (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Cooper Connolly, Faf du Plessis (OS replacement), Stephen Ezkinazi (OS), Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Peter Hatzoglou, Nick Hobson, Josh Inglis, Matthew Kelly, Adam Lyth (OS), Hamish McKenzie, Tymal Mills (OS), Lance Morris, David Payne (OS replacement), Jhye Richardson, Chris Sabburg (replacement), Andrew Tye.
Brisbane from, Usman Khawaja (c), Xavier Bartlett, James Bazley, Sam Billings (OS), Josh Brown (replacement), Max Bryant, Sam Hain (OS replacement), Sam Heazlett, Spencer Johnson, Matt Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan McSweeney (replacement), Colin Munro (OS), Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson, Will Prestwidge, Matt Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Mitchell Swepson, Ross Whiteley (OS), Jack Wildermuth.

I wonder how many posts FIGJAM is going to make on Saturday night to try and convince himself he’s a better cricketer than all the players taking part in the final?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could've said that about last nights game as well TBH.
T20 is a volatile format.

Only takes one or two to get away like Neser last night.
Winning the toss is vital I think. Winner would almost certainly want to bat first, the pressure of runs on the board and not having to field when the game is at its most hottest (39c).

Saturday going to be a stinking hot day.Around 40 degrees,wonder if it will make a flat deck,Or cracks in the wicket.Heat bowled really well v the 6 ers.

You could've said that about last nights game as well TBH.
T20 is a volatile format.

Only takes one or two to get away like Neser last night.
That's why I wrote should. Of course we could have a 'mare or Heat could pull a match-winning performance out of their arse. But on paper, it's no contest.

Heat spinners did a lot of damage on a spinning pitch at Sydney, I'm not sure Perth will even pick a spin option.

It would be a great reversal of form for the Heat to beat the Scorchers after two games this year where Perth batting second won the game in the 17th over.

Behrendorff 4/53 (8 overs)
Kelly 4/45 (6 overs)
Tye 4/75 (8 overs)

15 wickets in total and those three are all playing Saturday.

Heat scored 326 runs in the 40 overs.
Munro 45, Khawaja 28, Renshaw 27, Billings 27
39% of the runs scored, none playing Saturday.

Scorchers scored 330 runs over 33 overs.
Hardie 122, Bancroft 82, Inglis 73
84% of the runs scored, all playing Satuday.

The Heat need Brown to have a belter, with the bowling attack getting Bancroft, Hardie and Inglis cheaply. All possible.

Fair commentary there.
That’s the big bonus of us playing at home, spin will unlikely be a factor.

I agree Perth probably won’t play a spinner, and if spin overs are needed we’ll throw the ball to Turner.

Hardie seems to bowl well at Optus Stadium and the WACA, in comparison to elsewhere around Australia, so I think we’ll be looking to get 3-4 overs out of him at home.

Very exciting day ahead for WA cricket fans.

Saturday going to be a stinking hot day.Around 40 degrees,wonder if it will make a flat deck,Or cracks in the wicket.Heat bowled really well v the 6 ers.
I highly doubt there will be cracks in the wicket, it’s not a 4th or 5th day Test pitch.

My guess is the pitch will be a belter, flat as a tack with good pace and bounce.
I’m guessing we will hear the word Road mentioned on here many times from people who like to repeat words they have heard somebody else use.

I really can’t see why the Heat can’t win. This ‘underdog’ thing is being blown out of proportions a tad, they’re probably a quality batsman or two short but not like the Perth lineup is stacked either. Perth deserve to be favourites but Heat winning wouldn’t be the huge upset it’s being made out to be.

I really can’t see why the Heat can’t win. This ‘underdog’ thing is being blown out of proportions a tad, they’re probably a quality batsman or two short but not like the Perth lineup is stacked either. Perth deserve to be favourites but Heat winning wouldn’t be the huge upset it’s being made out to be.
I tend to agree.
I feel in cricket, the more you shorten a game, the closer it brings opposing sides together.
In T20, you only really need one or two batsman to get going.
I can remember us winning a final one year at the WACA purely off the back of Simmons having a day out. We could have had anyone else in the side and we still would have won.

Johnson might also be a handful early as the wicket should have good pace and bounce if a bowler gets their areas right.

All in all I’m tipping the Scorchers to continue Western Australia’s unarguable domination of all forms of cricket.
But I’m excited and nervous in equal measure.

Back