BBL Match 61 The Final Perth Scorchers v Brisbane Heat 1900hrs @ Perth Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a world class comp without International players and Australiian int 20/20 players. I don't know half the players.
I love it when people blame the sport because they don’t follow the sport properly.
How could anyone be miserable after that game? The entire tournament actually.

And it’s not like we live in a country where you are forced to watch it, or there isn’t other things to do if it somehow makes you constantly cry.

Go the mighty Scorchers

I love it when people blame the sport because they don’t follow the sport properly.
How could anyone be miserable after that game? The entire tournament actually.

And it’s not like we live in a country where you are forced to watch it, or there isn’t other things to do if it somehow makes you constantly cry.

Go the mighty Scorchers
I couldn't watch the game because I don't have a tv and you can't watch on a computer.
Thanks to corporate profit making off a B grade comp.

I couldn't watch the game because I don't have a tv and you can't watch on a computer.
"Didn't watch the game" but yet kept commenting on it.
OK......

You also posted a month or so ago that Sydney Stack is a better footballer than Sam Walsh and was nearly laughed off the board.
I'd suggest not many on here give a toss about your moronic opinions.

Id challenge that. The Grand Final between these two teams only drew 40,800, so you can't say they weren't good that season.

That would normally sell out if the fans are into it.
That was two weeks deeper into February, with less than two days of build up.

The MCG final in 2015-16 also only had a short turnaround from the semis, and was on a Sunday night.

Plus, perhaps most importantly in both cases, Melbourne was the surprise host, with Adelaide and Hobart finishing on top of the ladder those years.

It was streamed live on Kayo, shut up.

"Didn't watch the game" but yet kept commenting on it.
OK......

You also posted a month or so ago that Sydney Stack is a better footballer than Sam Walsh and was nearly laughed off the board.
I'd suggest not many on here give a toss about your moronic opinions.
I listened to it on radio champ. Stack does have more talent than Walsh. Talent is not about showing up to training. Don't call people moronic champ.

Went along tonight - felt it was going to be tight - not a fan of a lack of bowling options in T20 - would have rather played Peter and left out Connolly for the added bowling experience. :moustache:

Great game. It was roasting hot. The game must have looked half full because the queue for drinks never relented - water refill station probably more than any!

A great season by the Scorchers. It never rated much of a mention but they had to overcome some serious personnel issues to get a quality team out there this year.

1. The much hyped ‘Draft’ saw Perth choose to retain Laurie Evans over Colin Munro. Evans tests positive to PED and gets his contract terminated. Evans is replaced by a mostly uneventful cameo from South African Supervillain Faf du Plessis.

2. The teams best player - Mitch Marsh - is ruled out for the summer. Massive blow.

3. Import Phil Salt injuries himself in the T20 World Cup - also ruled out. He’s replaced by Adam Lyth - who appeared to be some kind of competition winner, unfamiliar with the game.

4. Tymal Mills - a key player in the BBL11 title - stays in the UK on account of a family emergency (his 2 year old girl suffered a stroke at the airport before his flight out to Perth - truly awful!)

5. Mitch Marsh is might be gone, but at least Cam Green is back after the tests! - until he is also injured and ruled out…

6. Jhye Richardson, probably the most damaging bowler in the league, smashes his way through 7 games before a hamstring injury finishes his season abruptly.

7. Like many teams in the league, ridiculous CA scheduling sees Lance Morris and Ashton Agar unavailable while carrying drinks and out of the country for the finals.

Phew.

Despite all that, the team never skipped a beat, played some high quality T20 cricket - Bancroft, Turner, Hardie and Inglis all match winners at times with Tye and Berendorff putting in another great season. Imports played cameo roles all season without the impact of Colin Munro’s excellent BBL11 - makes you wonder how good the team would have been with Marsh, Green and Richardson available.
What a wonderful summary.
Add to that all the other teams fielding 3 and on one occasion 4 Perth players.

The only thing that can match the brilliance of the Scorchers, is their courage, and never say die attitude. And depth. And all the young players coming through.

Now to go back to back in The Shield and Marsh Cup, to make it a back to back clean sweeps.

I listened to it on radio champ. Stack does have more talent than Walsh. Talent is not about showing up to training. Don't call people moronic champ.
So you didn't watch the game, but was still able to make your moronic comments on what you heard, not what you saw.

"A big grade comp" yet you were camped around your radio listening to it.

Ok champ.
Nice one.

If you look at the two close games the Heat won against the Canes and the Stars, Spencer Johnson had around 15 to play with for the last over. Neser had 10 to play with and that always looked a bit light.

Gotta admire how much it means to the Scorchers to win the BBL. You'd be forgiven for thinking they won a World Cup or something. Somebody should tell them they only won the BBL.

The saltiness of that last paragraph makes the win even better, better luck next year champ👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So where does the bigbash rank out of all the world's domestic comps?
Below the IPL, below the Hundred, below the CPL, below the PSL.

On par with the UAE T20 League, probably on par with SAT20.

Better than the BPL, Lanka Premier League.

Big Bash has the history and dare I say supporters which livens up the comp. Watching a few of the UAE T20 games- there seems to be not much crowds and not much atmosphere. No amount of money can buy crowd parocholism and atmosphere. Perth for instance are a far better home side than away side. There was seriously bad cricket in the 1st half of the comp, but to the comps credit it picked up during the 2nd half.

Australia arent a top 4 international side on current form, and the domestic scene /quality is in a way a good reflection of that. (based on T20 2022 World Cup. To be fair Australia are about a 5th to 6th best ranked T20 side)

So where does the bigbash rank out of all the world's domestic comps?
Who actually cares?
The important thing is the ground was jam packed with families having a great night out, watching what was a great and high quality game of cricket,

All those who attended left happy and in great spirits, while you are still crying for some reason today.

BBL the clear winner here.
Your misery the clear loser.

Who actually cares?
The important thing is the ground was jam packed with families having a great night out, watching what was a great and high quality game of cricket,

All those who attended left happy and in great spirits, while you are still crying for some reason today.

BBL the clear winner here.
Your misery the clear loser.
I'm commenting on the comp as a whole which is making you cry for some reason.

I'm commenting on the comp as a whole which is making you cry for some reason.
Well I loved the entire comp, and so did my kids.
If I didn’t enjoy it, I wouldn’t go, and I wouldn’t comment on it.

Being happy isn’t really that difficult, all you have to do is to choose things that make you happy.
You should give it a try. Happiness isn’t about I could have been happier, it’s about being happy. It’s not really that complex.

Do you seriously think your whining on the internet is going to detract from the joy that was partaken by 50k people last night? Or the thousands of TV viewers?

Back