Premier Lg EPL Matchday 23 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering in Liverpool a lot of familes are blue/red, the desire to see either relegated isn't actually there.

Jamie Carragher (Closet blue anyway), always said he'd rather see Liverpool 1st and then Everton 2nd, for the good of the city.

It's the international fans that take it to another level and want to see the other relegated as the emotional attachment to the city isn't there.

It's also a weird line because they might find it funny and for the bantz for 5 seconds then they'll realise they don't have a big hometown derby to look forward to the following season.

I'm sure Newcastle laughed at Sunderland for 5 seconds and then secretly hoped they'd bounce back.

It's also a weird line because they might find it funny and for the bantz for 5 seconds then they'll realise they don't have a big hometown derby to look forward to the following season.

I'm sure Newcastle laughed at Sunderland for 5 seconds and then secretly hoped they'd bounce back.
In total fairness, the Merseyside derby is incredibly overrated, at least the Anfield portion of it. Goodison usually provides a more "even matched" affair.

I think Liverpool fans wouldn't really care if Everton become irrelevant from being relegated, their rivalry with United is just as big and offers more relevance to fighting for titles/top 4 etc these days.

My ideal world is what we had in 2013/14. Everton were fighting for Top 4, Liverpool were fighting for the title. We had a 3-3 game at Goodison and still to this day one of my favourite games of football ever played.

I think even most int. Liverpool fans would prefer us to stay up secretly though but they'd certainly be enjoying the turmoil we're in that is for sure.

Don't want Everton relegated at all.

Best case result for a Liverpool fan is they finish 17th 1 point ahead of relegation with a GD of -110.

With you on this. Wouldn't like not having them to play. At the same time I'm fine with their fans shitting themselves about being relegated all season.

Considering in Liverpool a lot of familes are blue/red, the desire to see either relegated isn't actually there.

Jamie Carragher (Closet blue anyway), always said he'd rather see Liverpool 1st and then Everton 2nd, for the good of the city.

It's the international fans that take it to another level and want to see the other relegated as the emotional attachment to the city isn't there.

From my experience and understanding this is totally inaccurate.

Everton fans: Kopites are gobshite
Also Everton fans: actually you shouldn't hate us and secretly want us to stay up

Everton fans: Kopites are gobshite
Also Everton fans: actually you shouldn't hate us and secretly want us to stay up
Couldn't care less if Liverpool fans hate us.

I'm just saying there is a massive difference between a local fan's desire to see Everton stay up/go down, versus the international glory hunting Liverpool fans.

From my experience and understanding this is totally inaccurate.
Agree to disagree. It's called the friendly derby for a reason.

triple h sport GIF by WWE

RossFC after this mornings win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s just a cliche mate, what’s friendly about it? It’s a very toxic derby and has been since I’ve been following it. Don’t think it was too friendly in the 80’s either.
You're referring to the on-pitch antics, which I agree in my time watching Everton, have never been remotely close to friendly. IIRC it's the fixture with the most red cards in England.

You should know though it's called the friendly derby due to the household splits across Merseyside supporting red/blue. Imagine a red Uncle watching his Nephew blue cry his eyes out at the thought of Everton going down. You think that Uncle wishes for it to happen?

That's the case in Liverpool but obviously not the case for yourself, or myself or any other international fan. I'd enjoy Liverpool's demise (Not that it'll ever happen), as much as most Liverpool fans on this board enjoy watching Everton suffer. It's different for us.

You're referring to the on-pitch antics, which I agree in my time watching Everton, have never been remotely close to friendly. IIRC it's the fixture with the most red cards in England.

You should know though it's called the friendly derby due to the household splits across Merseyside supporting red/blue. Imagine a red Uncle watching his Nephew blue cry his eyes out at the thought of Everton going down. You think that Uncle wishes for it to happen?

That's the case in Liverpool but obviously not the case for yourself, or myself or any other international fan. I'd enjoy Liverpool's demise (Not that it'll ever happen), as much as most Liverpool fans on this board enjoy watching Everton suffer. It's different for us.

I’m referring exclusively to off the pitch and I’m talking about in Liverpool. Fair enough if you believe all that but I think you’re way off.

I’m referring exclusively to off the pitch and I’m talking about in Liverpool. Fair enough if you believe all that but I think you’re way off.
Guess it's agree to disagree then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back