Premier Lg EPL Matchday 23 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Arsenal kissed on the dick there. You never see those fouls given as pens because he got the shot away first so its always just play on. Not sure why the ref this time gives a pen.

But you gotta take that if you're Arsenal for sure.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Definitely? He holds his ground and pulls out of a challenge and Nketiah and him collide. It's a contact sport.. I get it's your opinion but the way you posted (twice) made it seem like it was stonewall when it's anything but.
Impedes him with his body.

A defender does it, it would be a pen as Townsend said.

Really tough half for us, Arsenal really imposing their game on us and we have no control at all.

Thought we were lucky to be up, and can't complain being level at half time, but thought the penalty was harsh. We'd have a dozen like that this season so far.

Think we have to change things, Bernardo at LB is nailed on to be sent off, so Laporte in for me. Bernardo either off or moved into the midfield.

Just like time wasting in the first half being bookable, you won't see that again this season

I moan about that every week. So it was the right decision to book him, but it hasn't happened in about a dozen games against us this season which have been as bad or worse.

Impedes him with his body.

A defender does it, it would be a pen as Townsend said.

He doesn't impede him though. You'd normally not see a foul paid if the player still gets a shot on target let alone a keeper standing his ground.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
How can he be impeded if he gets his shot on target?
It's the clashing of bodies.
When are defenders trying to make a save?
Clearly meant using the body, come on mate.
Open your other eye
Could say the same thing!
He doesn't impede him though. You'd normally not see a foul paid if the player still gets a shot on target let alone a keeper standing his ground.
They collide, he comes out and gets him. I guess we won't agree, but that's OK.

But you see coming together of bodies all the time after shots have been made and those are never pens. If he doesn't get the shot off and is blocked in his run that's entirely different to what happened.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.

So what if they clashed bodies? Why didn't haaland get a pen against Villa then when there was a clash of bodies?

Fact is the shot has been taken, he almost scored and two players collided. There was no impact on the play, ederson hasn't two footed him so a pen is excessive

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
So what if they clashed bodies? Why didn't haaland get a pen against Villa then when there was a clash of bodies?

Fact is the shot has been taken, he almost scored and two players collided. There was no impact on the play, ederson hasn't two footed him so a pen is excessive
Why didn't we get calls that we should have got against other teams?

I guess it comes down to the subjectivity of the referee.

Poor Tomiyasu haha

Gifts the first one with an awful backpass and then gets a good boot to Grealishs shot to make sure it gets past Ramsdale.

Hes been the difference today.

Really weird that they dropped White for this game, Tomiyasu has been poor.

Back