Fantasy 2023 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
MFL has re-opened for 2023.

Firstly....I need to know who's definitely not coming back. So that I have time to find replacements.

Secondly....Some of the hard labor in getting the league ready has been done, but I still have to do all the new salaries, new schedule, etc. Hopefully by the end of the weekend or next week I will have them done.

Have spent all day installing the proposed new scoring rules. So you can assess them already. Open the 2022 page in one tab, and the 2023 page in another tab, with both sites navigated to the PLAYER STATS page. Compare the total fantasy points scored, overall and position to position. There's very little difference especially on offense, no one's been abused, just minor 2-5 pts type changes due to fixing all the typos and correcting incorrect algorithms. Those things NEEDED to be done regardless, because they are mistakes or untidy calculations that got tweaked. The only difference you will notice is DE and LB -- because I already explained why -- to achieve equity between the IDPs themselves, and so that players arent rendered useless when MFL changes their position from DT to DE or DE to LB.

Basically, barring any player having an Aaron Donald or TJ Watt like mega-season that will see them hit 300, then....

Old system -- kinda like DT 270, DE 170, LB 170, CB 190, S 200.
New system -- kinda like DT 240, DE 240, LB 230, CB 210, S 220.

Maxx Crosby had a Watt/Donald-like season btw.

Some other areas of change have been applied -- no bye players to start, lineup does not automatically get carried forward to next week.

Still have to analyze where the salary cap might need to be.

Total active roster may move to 38 so that people can carry 2 punters and 2 kickers due to no bye players allowed to start.

The franchise tag system is possibly going to change. Instead of choosing 2 vets to re-sign and 2 vets to tag with a draft grade b/c they go into auction....choose max 3 vets to re-sign and max 1 vet to franchise tag (no draft grade, won't go into auction pool, just a bigger dead cap hit applied)

a) because the old method is too much of a chore, and b) because tagging a player in order to attract a trade can still work without the need for the old system.

Here's the list of off-contract players for everyone....

Rookies:

Kohou, Ferguson, Wright - 2
Chig, Brooks - 3

Vets:

Dak & Adams - 3
Luvu & James - 2nd round tags

Blacky confirmed out

have messaged WRU on sleeper to see if hes confirmed out also.
I would imagine Blacky went into full melt mode when he saw I won lol

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I would imagine Blacky went into full melt mode when he saw I won lol

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Didnt say anything actually. He already said he was out before the playoffs started.

Rookies:

Kohou, Ferguson, Wright - 2
Chig, Brooks - 3

Vets:

Dak & Adams - 3
Luvu & James - 2nd round tags
Im possibly changing the franchise tag thing.

It could be -- choose 3 vets to re-sign for 2 or 3 years....choose 1 vet to franchise tag (whatever his salary is will be the tag cost).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im possibly changing the franchise tag thing.

It could be -- choose 3 vets to re-sign for 2 or 3 years....choose 1 vet to franchise tag (whatever his salary is will be the tag cost).

Yes do the ability to re-sign 3, 1 FT, better for everyone and easier for you, less FT players to bid on for idiots without the necessary draft pick

In that case:

Dak, Adams and James - 3
Luvu - FT

?

Rookies always been 2 or 3 and Vets 3 as far as I remember.

Looking back thru last year's thread it would appear I'm wrong 😞

In that case GG.exe Ferguson and Wright 1 year deals, Brooks, Chig and Kohou 2.

Poor planning :p

This is why you should look at trading vets coming out of contract before the deadline. Get something while you can if you know youre not going to be able to re-sign them given you can only bring back 4 of them.

Shiny will have a shitload of cap room to bid on some of the ones he does want to bring back. But you do have to run the gauntlet against everyone else. Might be another Chris Godwin im willing to bid 30m on in there. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back