Fantasy 2023 - ALPHA League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

FF has the best scoring options.
So Omega is the very best both offense and defense I've ever put together.

But i dont want to make Omega and Alpha clones either. Scoring or too similar roster sizes and starters etc.

I'm open to keeping it all as is, tho it's outdated. Also open to making Alpha completely different....total points not h2h maybe, DST maybe, or maybe IDPs but less of them, but then also less offense too ....etc with ideas.

If you left it to me to just make something completely new I could do it, but prefer group ideas.

Also with FF, you can choose h2h, total points, or roto method. Maybe roto? Never really tried that before. It's like whoever does best in each category (passing, rushing, etc) with their rosters gets the win. So Manureid vs GG, say, Manureid did better than me in 5 categories, whereas i did better than him in 7 categories, so i win 7-5. You still draft and roster players, but yeah

Ah, so roto is like say create a category for say Passing, Rushing Receiving Kicking Defense, maybe micro categories in each, and you might be ranked #1 #5 #8 #2 etc across the categories and whoever has the best overall rank leads the comp etc. Like total points idea, no weekly matchups, but by category rather than points

I would not be changing it that much to say a Roto. Make a new league for that. I am happy to make D players a bit more worthwhile though as they are a bit of an afterthought still. And if we need to reduce squad size maybe to give us a bit better FA pool?

I would not be changing it that much to say a Roto. Make a new league for that. I am happy to make D players a bit more worthwhile though as they are a bit of an afterthought still. And if we need to reduce squad size maybe to give us a bit better FA pool?
Ill propose something in total, and then you guys chip in, yes/no, or, this many not that many, etc. Give me tonight to propose, engaged by XFL games atm

What I'll do is create a Test league on FF with a whole bunch of different things, and then you guys can see what it all looks like rather than theorizing what it could look like....and so i dont overwrite the alpha league until people vote the test league in, then i can easily import ita settings straight to Alpha. And we can tweak Test league till its right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 2c worth, I would vote to:
  • Keep it H2H
  • Reduce roster sizes by 5, but introduce a Taxi Squad for rookies only
  • Reduce Max starting QBs to 2, with Max 4 QBs on each roster (not including Taxi squad)
  • Keep as IDP, tweak IDP scoring a little more

• Keep it H2H
  • Reduce Max starting QBs to 2, with Max 4 QBs on each roster (not including Taxi squad)
All good ideas in my opinion.

All good ideas in my opinion.
  • Keep it H2H
I should also add... * Keep Taxi Squad limited to 4 or 5... that'll stop hoarding and will force rookies onto rosters which will in turn increase the Free Agency pool

• Keep it H2H
Chya, was thinking keep start 2 QB to maintain value but remove the option to start a third. But make it an actual QB position.

Also think a refresh keeper draft would be fun with all teams picking 10 players and everything back into the pool otherwise.
Beef up IDP TOO

Test League set up to compare with Alpha....

Test · NFL

1) check roster sizes, starters, max per position... compared to Alpha (new tab)

2) IR 4 max but have to be IR/S or C covid, no Outs which was stupid, hoarding

3) Taxi 4 max rookies only

4) same kind of things like waivers every wednesday, go to end of queue)

5) max roster 32, keepers 26, should mean lots of FAs, more activity in waivers, less hoarding because of position maxes down a little, and also should mean more parity when people have to cut their current 40 man rosters in the old format down to 26 keepers and 32 max for new format

6) added 1 offensive flex where you can choose a RB, TE, WR or even an extra kicker....just for something different, tactical, considering Ks score not bad now, but i can remove this if you insist

7) so, because flex can be either rb, wr, te, the number per position to start vs max allowed is basically double....Rb x1 start, maybe 2 if you use one at flex, so 2, so 4 max allowed on roster .... Wr x2 start, maybe 3 if you flex another, so 3, so max 6 allowed....TE x1 (2 flex) so max 4 allowed ...same with kickers 2 max ...same with IDPs....max 4 EDR, IL, CB, S but LB max 6 because 2 to start but 1 flex, so 3, so 6 max, whereas DL and DB x2 can be either IL/EDR and CB/S so 4 max each single position is enough seeing as people might carry say 2 CBs and 3 Safeties, say.

8) Scoring ...wow i love it...turned out great....not complex with a billion different values for each position, just simplified, but added new things that were lacking in Alpha....like Punt blocked TDs, sack yardage, times sacked, etc. Slightly reduced some offensive values because i added more stuff for them to get, so they went down a bit then went up a bit

Basically ....

QBs scoring like 470 down
RBs scoring like 390 down
WRs scoring like 390 down
TEs scoring like 330 at high end quickly down to 200s
Ks (created a new algorithm thats much better) 200 tops, most around 160-170
LBs like 240 down
IL 160 down
EDR 220 down
CB 230 high end but quickly down to 150-170
S 210-220 down

For a simplified version, not heavy and complex, it turned out alright imo