Review Pre-Season Games 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving a fit Fyfe forward full time is such a genius move. Clubs will need to send an athletic tall to cover him. Jonas was actually quite a good matchup, but it left Port very exposed at the back and even then Fyfe still got off the leash. There aren't really any third talls athletic enough to go with him, or many talls in general for that matter. He will need to take the athletic CHB which will create massive holes in the backline. Will make our forwardline very dangerous. The forward he probably most resembles when he's up and going is Charlie Curnow

As a side note there is a very strong chance that Fyfe will match up on Logue in round 2
Fyfe would give him a bath. Logue isn’t smart once the ball hits the deck. One on one, Fyfe loves the wrestle. Just a strong brick wall of a player.

Fyfe would give him a bath. Logue isn’t smart once the ball hits the deck. One on one, Fyfe loves the wrestle. Just a strong brick wall of a player.
It might be because I'm an ingrained freo pessimist, but I just get the feeling that Logue, Lobb, and Acres will all play their best games for the year against us.

Didn’t have a great avenue out of defence from a behind, a couple of goals from those turnovers. Maybe Ryan kicking to Cox changes that up a bit.

Sturt did it, too. Between them and Darcy, Lycett got smashed 10 ways from Sunday.
Darcy has honestly put O'Brien and Lycetts careers in jeopardy across two preseason games haha

Last edited:
He has done Adelaide a favour. I never really rated O’Brien. They looked most dangerous with the more mobile rucks Tilthorpe and Himmelberg.
He took NN to the cleaners in the TELEPHONE game.Some may dispute it, but stats don't lie.
A bit of a plodder, but works his butt off.That was the message on the phone,run, run, run, because NN can't. Or wont.

Bruce Banfield...
There I was shouting out “MY BEAUTIFUL BAILEY BOI” whenever he did anything.

A buddy’s work is never done.

He took NN to the cleaners in the TELEPHONE game.Some may dispute it, but stats don't lie.
A bit of a plodder, but works his butt off.That was the message on the phone,run, run, run, because NN can't. Or wont.
Never rated him was a bit harsh but I honestly think the game has passed him by. Writing was on the wall midway through last season. The talk in Adelaide is that he is no certainty to line up round 1. So supports what Snuff said a bit in jest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back