Review Pre-Season Games 2023

Mitchell Woodcock of The West only gave Liam Henry a 5/10 rating. Was he watching the same game??
And Tabs 5.5 for basically doing nothing but a couple gimme goals from Fyfe. Eliza locking Henry in for round 1 off the performance shows who watched the game

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Very impressive effort (even if everyone went into R1 preservation mode a bit in the final quarter.)

• The multi-pronged tall target forward line is encouraging.
  • Treacy definitely the lock for the second KPF spot; him and Sturt playing the high half forward/CHF role and Tabs deep creates an interesting dynamic.
  • Really liked Henry's game - running both ways, doing smart things, looked much more composed than Hughes IMO.
  • The prospect of Jackson just roaming about and doing freakishly athletic stuff while Darcy just flogs the opposing ruck into the ground is just chefs kiss.

No such thing as a March Premier, but the signs are positive.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
And Tabs 5.5 for basically doing nothing but a couple gimme goals from Fyfe. Eliza locking Henry in for round 1 off the performance shows who watched the game
I love Henry and have been a big supporter of his. He played quite well and love that he got back to help defence. He did only end up with 16 possessions. Although there were at least two occasions where he was off with the ball but it got called back for a free kick to someone else.

I think rating 5/10 is rough. He was about the same as Hughes and Aish who were given around 6/10. I think the comment around has he done enough to be reasonably fair.

He took a step forward no doubt but could he do more…absolutely he could. I want to see him get 20 plus.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm sure people will disagree with me here but here goes...

Adelaide will be better than Port this year imo. Losing to Adelaide without 4-5 of our best 22 isn't too bad

We're 4-5 players off best 22. Port is probably the same. Adelaide is 1-2 and ultimately if competitive games those guys are playing. We can improve round before round one.

Last edited:

mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City

Adelaide will be better than Port this year imo. Losing to Adelaide without 4-5 of our best 22 isn't too bad

We're 4-5 players off best 22. Port is probably the same. Adelaide is 1-2 and ultimately if competitive games those guys are playing. We can improve round before round one.

Ha
Don't disagree at all, Adelaide look clearly better than Port

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Adelaide are trying to hard, the 5 year plan announcenent and clearly taking pre-season very seriously doesn't scream success to me. Has any teams 5 year plan announcement ever produced a flag?

mayne iac

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle

Ha
You are off your head

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Port aren't gonna be very good this year and I'm not basing that off the pre season games

Adelaide still probably won't make finals but their pressure style gameplan with an exciting attack is going to cause some upsets for sure, especially at home, fwiw they match up well against us as we are average against face paced and high pressure styles

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Port aren't gonna be very good this year and I'm not basing that off the pre season games

Adelaide still probably won't make finals but their pressure style gameplan with an exciting attack is going to cause some upsets for sure, especially at home, fwiw they match up well against us as we are average against face paced and high pressure styles
Any team with two or more A or B grade small forwards can hurt us if we aren’t on top around the ground.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Nat

Attachments

• 1F7AD6CB-77E4-4AF5-A920-6BF4FFD71857.png
    1F7AD6CB-77E4-4AF5-A920-6BF4FFD71857.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 137
  • 5864A56E-CFF8-4992-AC46-BE30BAFBC24C.png